Hospital

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By CorinnaS
  • 1 Post By Seasaidh

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 18th, 2013, 10:08 PM
Badass
Hospital's SUCK.

I swear to god, if I EVER have to go back into the hospital after having this baby I'll be opting for a bullet in the head first.

That's the second time in a WEEK that I have been asked to come in for an 'appointment' which they wish to discuss my caesarean section in and that's the second time in a WEEK where they haven't even mentioned the caesarean, just told me I HAVE to stay the night because my blood pressure is up.

No **** it's through the roof, I'm sick of being thrown around between departments as they try to think up new and stupid reasons to keep me there when I'm clearly fine and have other plans.

I have just under 5 days left until I give birth and they seriously want me to stay at the hospital?! I have 4 nights left until me and my partner are NEVER alone again and they want to do this now?!

I hate this so much...
September 19th, 2013, 12:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Nov DDC lurker here.

I'm pretty sure you CAN go home, I think you just have to sign a waiver saying that you're doing so AMA (against medical advice). I know one woman who left her current hospital AFTER her water broke and in the middle of labor to go have the baby elsewhere, so I'd say if that's possible, anything is.
Grlsshp9 and Seasaidh like this.
September 19th, 2013, 01:14 AM
Veteran
That sucks you're having such problems with the hospital. They really need to be better at explaining why. I hope you find answers.

In the mean time have a hug!
September 19th, 2013, 04:59 AM
"Shay-see"
Un-lurking for a second:

Anytime someone new sees a high BP reading, you're likely to get stuck in that cycle again. They have to cover their arses, and honestly I'm glad that they are taking a high reading seriously - that's their job. That said, you don't *have* to stay if you're that confident that everything is actually just fine. You sign a thing and they let you go and that's that - you're not under arrest.

I wish you good health in these last few days. Hang in.
swade66 likes this.

September 19th, 2013, 10:18 PM
Badass
Yeah I kinda went a bit hormonal yesterday...

Turns out I do actually have mild pre eclampsia, the doctors were right to keep me in. However in saying that, they actually didn't seem to mind me leaving today so much so long as I agreed to come in for a BP reading every day until the 24th.

So I guess I feel a bit stupid now haha

Other then that my baby is doing good but I had a cevical examination today and have been SO crampy and also losing my mucus plug. It's gross and I wish I never agreed to a check now haha.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search