AmiraX2 ( Farrah ) to Aramsamsam ( Heidi )

Gossip on the reef

Due Date Buddies

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Gossip on the reef LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 24th, 2013, 05:40 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Today I will be DD's first day at school since we came back. Im a little nervous because she will be taking the bus. She has always wanted to take the bus and since the stop is at the corner here I will let her. We have always dropped off at school so Im anxious to see how it goes. Sorry for sharing this as a post in here I just had to get it out and didnt want to share it with Dh because I dont want to stir anything in him about the bus thing..lool...I want her to take the bus cus she wants to be just have hesitations right now for some reason. anyhow...sorry again.
January 24th, 2013, 06:48 AM
Super Mommy
Aw, best of luck to your daughter! I hope it goes well - the independence might be nice for both of you. I know what you mean about not stirring things up with your husband. Sometimes I am amazed at what my husband will worry about. I always assumed I would be the bigger worrier in the family - hah!

Thanks for mentioning sacroilliitis as something to look into. I looked it up and it does seem like a possible match. Is everything ok with that for you, now?

I am not surprised that you are tired, with four little ones! That would make me tired at the best of times. Good for you, for managing it all.

So... hobbies. My husband and I used to hike a lot. Our favorite thing to do was get out of town and poke around somewhere. Way back when we met, he liked to surf and play soccer, and I was doing karate. By now all of this has fallen by the wayside (except if you count toddler friendly walks as hikes). I like to run (when not pregnant), read and watch a few TV shows (Downton Abbey is my favorite right now), and when we get out as a family, it's usually to do something kid-oriented or house-oriented. Our favorites as a whole family are probably the local arboretum, botanical garden, and indoor plant conservatory (which is nice and tropical during our cold winter!). I'm also trying more recipes these days. Nothing ground-breaking, but we prepared such unvaried meals at home before children, that it all still feels pretty novel. What are your hobbies and family activities? I bet you have some good ideas by now!
January 25th, 2013, 06:22 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
So school went really well for DD. She said her teacher kept calling her sweetheart...lool...bus thing I ended up driving her and she took it home and loved it. no school today.

Ya my sacrioliitis is chronic so its always a bother but I have flares. osteoarthritis in my l4-l5 area also bothers me sometimes worse than others. The important thing for me is to stay active and do my excerises. I do have to take pain meds sometimes when its really bad also. But im thankful cus it could be so much worse and its not ...Im "good to go" still

When my 3 olders boys ( sooo many years ago lol ) were younger we did alot hiking biking and day camping type activities. It seems they and us probablly were alot more outdoorsy than now. My 4 littles now we have adapted to doing alot of activities indoors. Partly cus of traveling so much and things not sure. But yeah we love doing arts and crafts projects. I make batches of playdo all the time so thats a big hit. The library has always been a habit for us. The littles also enjoy indoor playgrounds. We like the zoo. We and I mostly, enjoy cooking. I too, enjoy cooking and trying out new recipes. Keeping the littles involved is fun at times.

So anything new with you symptom wise? Are having a baby shower? Are you registered yet anywhere?
January 28th, 2013, 06:22 AM
Super Mommy
Wow, so it's Monday again! Glad to hear school went well for your daughter. Our weekend was sort of a mess. The garbage disposal broke, so DH was busy figuring out how to remove it and replace the piping. We decided not to get a new one. It shouldn't be a super-huge job, but it was certainly a big job with our level of experience. Looks like DH pulled it off though! I rested a lot. I had been feeling so much better before, but the last few days my stomach has been upset feeling again, and I do feel better just resting. The other symptoms now are just more pain along my ribs and at the bottom of my abdomen, where everything has to loosen up. How about you? How are you symptom-wise?

We haven't started buying anything or registering for gifts. We hope to have a boy and not too much will be needed, just a carseat and probably a different kind of stroller. I'd also like to try a ring-sling and one of those swings that magically rock some babies to sleep. I doubt we'll have a shower.

How about you - how do you manage all the baby and kid stuff? Do you keep it as you go, exchange with people, unload during moves, or what? Will you have a shower? Are there any new things you'd like to try?

So I was wondering, with all your kids, do you ever get kid-free time? We have gotten very little together, and when I have time to myself it's because DH is with DS. We feel hesitant about using a babysitter we don't know, and even moms I know with kids DS's age are less cautious about choking hazards and staying close by on staircases -- things we still want be careful about with our son. So we keep putting off getting a babysitter. I don't know what we'll do when I go into labor. My mom may be able to help, but she's 4 hours away, so I guess we need at least a plan B, if not C. What will you be doing about that?

What's on your schedule for today? We have a mom's group gathering at a little coffee shop (I am afraid our group will sort of overwhelm the toy area -- moms groups can be that way sometimes!). Other than that, I'll be catching up on housework unless I feel sick as the day progresses. I'll try making homemade pizza dough, too - another first! The weather is gross here (gray skies and snow that was rained on yesterday), so it's a good day to stay indoors.

All right, time to get going while I'm still willing! Later!
January 28th, 2013, 10:40 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
UUgg bummer about the garbage disposal. Your Dh sounds like mine..he likes to fix things..he takes it on as a challenge for himself I think...and usually suceeds.

Today DD1 took the bus in the morning. Dh said she was cold but excited. Looks like we will end up waiting to put the other 2 in preschool until Sept.

Yah..I am totally the same. I have been doing great m/s wise and then lately I have been getting these bursts of nausea. Like yesterday while we were out. I had to stop and get something to eat to kinda help it...uugg...but feeling good today. Sorry your not 100% yet either.

Man after seeing the babywearing thread pics...I am totally wanting to try something like that, I mean one of those slings has go to work for my back and neck problems. But my babies tend to love the swing. I got a nice one with both my last ones and both very different but couldnt live without it.

I do save some things after baby. I have to say that I am disapointed that I have lost and had to get rid of alot of things because of moving from country to country. Dh is just now getting the stuff we have stored in UK to here. We had been confused about wether to ship it to Saudia or the USA. We have some big electronics things so its spendy but have decided its better to ship here since we will be for a long while.

I understand about being cautious with your son. Some people are more relaxed about it and it makes me nervous as well. I could not imagine hiring a babysitter I didnt know to our home for a night out either. Id rather stay home cus I spend the whole time out wondering "what if" and not enjoy the night out
We used to get time alone and time out when we had a nanny. Or when my family was in better health to watch the young ones. They are not able to do that now. My older boys enjoy watching them if we need them too. They live on their own now and are very busy with their own stuff so our date night is not very often at this point unless we bring the kids..lool...

I am having a scheduled c-section so I will have either one of my friends or my older boys watch the littles. and Dh will be with me. He will not stay the night most likely and be home with the littles before bedtime.

Maybe your mom could come and stay with your son and make the 4 hour drive into to a couple day stay if you all are up to it. Its hard to plan when your not sure when you will go into labor. Im sure things will work out for you though.

OOh my day is about to get started by noon just after DD1 gets home. Will be having a friend over and baking cupcakes then letting the kids frost them and put the sprinkles. Will be doing some cooking later and getting ready for a busy day tomorrow. The mommy group sounds nice, and ya when large groups of young ones get to together they can make the most of toys and surroundings lool....How did you meet the group? How often do you ladies meet?
February 1st, 2013, 06:16 AM
Super Mommy
The moms groups have been great for us, since we're not from here. I met two groups on Meetup.com, but am now starting to just focus on one of them more because it seems better run and more local. There's something planned at least once a week, usually more. A few moms make it to almost everything, but I pick and choose what seems suitable and fits around music class and swimming, whenever we're signed up for those. There are small sub-groups that meet twice per month, and I've been really happy about that. I like the other moms, and two of the little boys are almost exactly my son's age.

So, lately DH and I have been working on our budget which is certainly tighter now that we have a home that needs help, preschool on the horizon, and a baby on the way. We're trying to figure out how much life insurance to buy, where we can cut other costs, etc. We're about to cut our cable TV, which means we'll basically have no reception at all. Our plan is to watch shows that get streamed over the internet (which we often do now for convenience), but it still feels weird to me to have no TV reception at all. What do you think - would you consider it?

Well, not much new here. It is super cold, below zero. No special plans for the weekend except to try to chip away at the "to do" list and keep DS reasonably entertained. What's going on with you?

Congrats on finding out the likely gender of your baby! It will be a few more weeks for me. It's always fun to see the little munchkin on the screen, isn't it?
February 2nd, 2013, 09:18 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Oh woow thats really a cool group! Sounds like its working perfect for your schedule and that your son can get along with some littles his age.

Man before we left to Saudia we had digital cable and it was crazy expensive. It easily sucked out almost $185 bucks a month not including different movies we would order. We decided when we came back this time to just get satellite installed to save the craziness of cable charges. So I totally dont blame you Heidi for getting that bill out of your budget. But having no reception would be difficult for me. If you dont get satelllite installed could you get a cable antenea that connects from the cable outlet and that would allow you to get digital local programming?.

That is super cold! Its been sunny here and not to cold at all but it seems since coming back I cant manage to not be soo busy. IT seems everyday theres somethign going on or someone coming over or us going over to someone. Shopping has been nonstop so really Im just waiting for a day to be at home and not working about entertaining or going out. Its getting harder to go out and do things with getting all the littles dressed and groomed and ready then once we hit the road or store someone has to use the restroom or is suddenly starving to death ...so yeah...I would like to get some cooking done and put some meals in the freezer. Do you do any advance meal freezing for breakfast, lunch or dinner?

Thank you for the congrats. Im super excited to have another daughter and for my last baby to be a girl. I forgot if you said you would find out or not. ? I have another u/s at the end of the month so will get that chance to baby again and yes its always nice to get a peek!!...
February 4th, 2013, 06:18 PM
Super Mommy
You do sound very busy! Even just getting one little guy dressed and snacked and out of the way when needed seems to make everything harder, let alone more kids! Hopefully you're truly enjoying the people you entertain and visit, though.

I do advance-freeze some dinners. Definitely not breakfast or lunch though. We just have basic stuff like cereal, sandwiches, fruit, yogurt, boiled eggs, etc. I mainly freeze soups and meatloaf for dinners, but I'm trying to branch out a little and see what else will freeze ok. What kinds of things do you like to freeze ahead? I definitely intend to get better at this. When DS was born we ate just horribly for a while. Neither of us was much into cooking anyway, and I took the "La Leche League" advice way too much to heart and breastfed my son almost constantly, and he wasn't a good sleeper for a long time, so our house was really in disarray. I think we had lots and lots of frozen dinners (not home-made) and I guess delivered pizzas? I don't even remember. But we can't go down that path again! I got a lot more serious about cooking once DS was sleeping through the night and I had my wits about me. Hopefully some of it will be natural enough to do sleep-deprived, this time. (And I do not intend to have my chest open for business ALL the time! Enough is enough!)

Do you think your parenting style has changed much from kid to kid? #2 is it for me, so for sure I'll have to do everything perfectly this time. Ha ha!

Oh, yes, I'll definitely find out the gender, if possible. I'm glad you're excited to have a girl this time. I'm sure I've mentioned that we're hoping for a boy, so our kids can share a room. However, after DS's long obsession with all things car-truck-train, I wouldn't mind a change of pace! LOL. Well, we shall see...
February 7th, 2013, 03:51 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
I do think my parenting style changes from kid to kid but the basics usually stay the same for constinancy. Its nice to see the differences from kid to kid with temperment and things.

That would be nice to have another boy so that your son would be close to him. My first 2 are boys and they are about 1yr and half apart. They are like glue. They even now live in their own place together. I love the bond they have together. I wanted a girl when I was pregnant with DD2 but as I said, I wouldnt change it for the world. On the other hand too, you said that this isyour last so if you did end up having a girl that would be a great experience to share a mother daughter relationship. It seems its a win win for you either way. I will be waiting for your update on your scan!!!
February 15th, 2013, 06:47 AM
Super Mommy
I love hearing about your oldest boys. I'd love something like that for our son. Our gender scan is still a week off, so still waiting...

How've you been? How was Valentines Day? We applied for life insurance and bought an easy, yummy dinner from Whole Foods. So, not super thrilling, but not bad.
February 15th, 2013, 08:51 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
My little one (DD3) is fighting a high fever for 2 days now. She is fine during the day but once its bedtime her fever spikes up to 102-103....so if it continues the pedi would like to just check her out. So far everyone else is good though.
How about you and your family?

Yesterday was crazy unexpected, nothing exciting here either, We went out to get a couple of things and ended up going on another shopping spree buying a bunch of clothes for the kids and then we out for seafood lunch...Im really having a seafood craving suddenly and I really need oysters and clams....loool....going for another seafood lunch today . What about you how are you feeling ? any cravings?
February 16th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Super Mommy
Aw, poor little girl. I hope your daughter feels better soon. DS has a cough/congestion that bothers him a lot at night, but he's almost normal during the day. DH and I are fine, although DH has been feeling tired and took sort of a mental health day Thursday afternoon. It seems to have helped, and it sounds like work was at a real lull anyhow.

I finally felt really really good yesterday. I miss that! It feels like my nausea has dragged so far into this pregnancy. I don't really have cravings, except for tortilla chips. DH and I had decided with our whole budgeting thing to try to cut down foods that are low-value, like chips and seltzer, but I am about to backlash on that! Loving nachos has nothing to do with pregnancy though, that's just me.

Well, I should get something done around here while DH has DS out. It's so nice not to have anybody underfoot! Do your LOs tag along with you a lot, or are they more interested in each other? Do you have pets? Here, during the day, its just DS and me. Sometimes I feel like he anticipates my every move and puts himself right in my path. Arrrgh. He's a cutie though. Well, have a good weekend!
February 17th, 2013, 08:13 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Thats great to hear you had such an awesome day! yah thats a bummer your m/s is still lingering..Ihope that m/s gets kicked to the curb really soon so you can experience more great days like you had the other day. Ihad m/s realllllly bad with my 1st. and it lasted till almost 6 months, boy was I happy when I stopped puking. You feel like your living a whole new world again.

My youngest daughter ( 17months old ) will be my tail alot of times but also plays with the other kids really well. I can get them all to go play in their rooms for a bit or go outside and ride scooters so I can either do some cleaning or cooking. Somtimes they all want to tag along and I sorta make what im doing into play for them so they actually help , doesnt turn out to be help though and sometimes turns what im doing into a longer chore lool, but its all good.

We do not have any pets right now. While we were living in Saudi Arabia, we did have a couple of birds, they died but Dh and I have been talking getting a talking parrot. I think its all I can do for now. Pets are alot of work.

What about you, do you have any pets? Did you have any pets while growing up?
February 20th, 2013, 08:46 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
I hope your U/S goes well today and I will definately waiting for your update !!!!! Are you taking your little guy with you?
February 21st, 2013, 05:48 AM
Super Mommy
Thanks, Farrah! I'm happy to say the baby is a boy! DH and DS came along, but they were mostly focused on nursery rhymes. Most of the screen shots look pretty weird, anyway.

Wow, a parrot -- that's a fun pet idea. They live a long time, don't they?

We've had birds before (both growing up and in my family now), but don't have any pets now. I'm not too eager to have pets for a while, but maybe someday. I would love a cat if I weren't allergic to them.

Hope you have a good day. Insomnia is so frustrating -- seems like it should be under one's control to sleep, but of course it isn't.
February 21st, 2013, 02:18 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
OOOhh yyyyaaahhhhhh!!! a million congrats to you and your family!!! thats soooo exciting. What fun and a great bond your 2 boys will have!! congrats again and Im glad it all went well!!
February 25th, 2013, 05:52 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Good morning Heidi....hope all is well with you . Hopefully your m/s is getting the best of you.

Not alot new here. Had my OB doc appt on fri and all the littles and dh got to hear the HB. she was really hiding out but we got to hear it for a sec. I gained yet more weight. uuug...anyhow im not stressing. I knw its what my body must need.

Anything new with you? Hows your little man adjusting to thought of being big brother?
March 11th, 2013, 06:42 AM
Super Mommy
Oops, Farrah, I never saw your message until today! Sorry it's been so long. How are you feeling these days?

Not much new here, just working on household stuff now so that we can scale back once baby arrives. MIL is planning a trip here at the end of the month, and I'm trying to plan a trip to see my parents soon, too. I've been feeling really good for a while now and all of my appointments have been fine. I still don't think DS understands the reality of a baby coming, but the baby in my belly is one of his chatty topics. Did your little kids understand about the heartbeat? DS has no interest in that, but he was a little bit interested in the ultrasound.

Have you been shopping for baby at all? You may have said, but I sometimes forget who says what on the threads here. I've done some online browsing and have ordered some organization stuff for the kids' closet, but that's it so far.

You were planning a Disney trip, weren't you? Have you decided when it will be? I'm sure the kids will have a blast.

Well, happy Monday! That first one after "spring forward" is always a little groggy for me. I'm going to get a big glass of water and try to shake my headache. Hope you're feeling good and doing well.
March 13th, 2013, 08:09 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
I have been batteling a sinus/cold/cough thing for a while now and its the coughing and nose that have me bugged..lool....otherwise good.

How exciting MIL will be coming...Will she get to stay very long? HOw long will you be with your parents? Sounds like some nice ventures coming up...

My youngest 18 months DD doesnt understand alot but she does understand the concept of baby and she carries her dolls around and puts them in the stoller for walks and tries to wrap it up in blankets and says shhh namee ( arabic for sleeping ) but she doesnt get that one will be coming out of my tummy. M

My 3 yr old DD does and like your son its a constant subject and she keeps asking if its a girl and is she coming yet..SHe is realllllly excited.
I have done some shopping and buying but am still deciding on some things. We have just bought the kids a huge bunk bed set that has tons of drawers and cupboards in it. In fact it doesnt have a standard ladder it uses really over sized box sized drawers on that go down along the side of the end as stairs to go up. and then on the end of those are grippers so theres no slipping. its really nice and that will help on deciding were to put my 18 month DD and then when baby moves out of our rooom. So still things to do.

We will be having an organizer installed in that bedroom for the kids as well. I hope you are able to find the things you need to complete the room for your boys as well. Have you chosen a theme or will you stick to the same one?

Ya we have yet to book our flight and hotel and things, hopefuly after my appt today we will have more answers about the day of my c-section and go from there. Do you have any travel plans after baby is born?

I will update after my anatomy scan today and hopefully post some decent pics!! Isnt your scan coming up at the end of the month?
March 14th, 2013, 11:19 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
So just a little update on my anatomy scan yesterday. Have a little bit of a scare not to much but its the first time we had these type of results. The tech said that she noticed a skipped heartbeat or arrhthmia? and I have to go to a perinatal spec. we met with my doc after and listened to the HB via doppler thing and doc said couldnt hear a problem but had the other office on the phone who said based on the results to come. So...i have that appt booked for Monday afternoon. uuuggg...Im sure its all fine but I just like things to be super fine.

Anyhow...we also didnt get any good pics of baby girl. A clear 'potty shot' that I will be posting later and also I think Im going to ask around about experiences with these results.

Hope all is well with you and your energy high and m/s gone!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search