AmiraX2 ( Farrah ) to Aramsamsam ( Heidi )

Gossip on the reef

Due Date Buddies

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Gossip on the reef LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 14th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Super Mommy
Oh, I hope everything's ok with your little one's heart. Keep me posted. I don't personally have experience with this, but I bet somebody around here has.

I don't think I have any more scans coming up. Everything was fine at the 20 week ultrasound. The only upcoming screening that I remember is for gestational diabetes, but maybe I'm forgetting something.

Your new setup for the kids sounds awesome! We aren't putting the kids together right away. For now our plan is to spruce up DS's room with a new toddler bed and new decorations. We've never really done a theme, but he loves trains so I'm planning to order a cute train decal for him. DS2 will be in the master bedroom with us for a while, and I am going to hang DS1's old sea creature posters near the crib for him, and he'll have DS1's old sea creature crib mirror, too. Have you done themes for your kids' rooms?

MIL is coming for about 5 days. She will be looking at apartments in the area. Since she has retired, she can live anywhere, and that may well be here. There are no other grandchildren, and she likes grandchildren! I'll probably just see my parents a few days; it's up in the air as to whether that will be this weekend or later, in April sometime. My mom has surgery scheduled for Monday, but it may be delayed due to some other issues that have come up. I'll only be visiting if it is delayed (since I'm not much help with DS in tow), and if DS gets over his cold.

We don't have any big trips planned at all, but I may attend my 20th high school reunion in October (gasp), since my parents still live in my home town. I've never made the trip for reunions when I lived farther away, but it could be fun this time around. We should get out and explore the area for weekend or day trips at least -- we've been much better about that everywhere else we've lived. But we did arrive everywhere else without children. Kudos to you for taking on Disney with a little tiny one (or still pregnant?). I admire that but have to admit I probably wouldn't take it on myself. Do you have other trips on the horizon as well?

I hope your cold gets better! It's such a drag when that stuff lingers. I swear DS always gets sick before moms group parties (we're missing 1 or 2 this week), but at least it's him, not me, so I can get stuff done around the house while we're cooped up. (Gosh, I can't believe I just wrote "at least it's him, not me" -- what kind of mom am I???? )

Take care, and update me Monday!
March 18th, 2013, 05:23 PM
Super Mommy
Thinking of you - how was your appointment?
March 18th, 2013, 07:15 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Thanks for the thoughts....yeah it went very well today thank god. Her heart seems to be just fine and the tech could not find any skips or anything, so we got the clear!! yyaahh....

She was wanting to stay laying her tummy and with her face to my back though so she didnt give any good pics once again. She was active and I attribute that to the rasberry lemonade

Did your your mother have her surgery? I hope she has a quick and healthy recovery.

Thats right you mentioned earlier that you would be having your school reunion..how exciting is that!! what a fun update.

I hope your son is feeling better and hey...I totally get what ur saying...and trust been there, said it!!!
March 19th, 2013, 05:42 AM
Super Mommy
Whew, glad everything's ok!

Mom's surgery was delayed. It's eye surgery, and a second eye issue came up which needs to be resolved first. We still didn't go for a visit, because my son's cold was lingering. Now he's better but DH and I are coming down with it. So far I'm not being hit as hard as either of my guys, so DS and I can still get on with our days.
March 27th, 2013, 10:57 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Feeling any better??? I hope so!!!

I am finally just about over my sinus/ congestion thingy...yyaahhooo....Been feeling baby girl move of and on. I think Im going to try and make some of my own bows. Me and DD1 will go the fabric store and see what we can find.

Hows things with your pregnancy? Any upcoming appts? I have one with my doc on tues. and then I think the next appt after that one I do the sugar drink testing thing.
April 3rd, 2013, 04:18 AM
Super Mommy
How was your appointment?

My next appointment is mid-month, and I'll do the glucose test then. I'm feeling good these days except for some discomfort sleeping (and therefore less sleep). I can feel baby move now and then too -- it definitely has seemed more frequent lately.

I think the weather is supposed to heat up to a whopping 57 degrees this week, which will feel good. Time to dig out my warmer-weather maternity clothes and see what I'll need for spring.

Did you make your baby bows? It would be fun to see a picture. Are you doing any other baby-prep stuff right now? We're expecting my son's toddler bed and some storage stuff to be delivered any day now, so we can start getting the rooms into shape. We finally have some NB diapers and onesies, so baby won't be naked! I've also been reviewing a few books with baby sleep advice -- hoping to do much better this time around. Ha ha, I suppose that depends on the baby.
April 7th, 2013, 07:10 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Appt went well. measuring right on. I take my glucose test begining of next month and I think I will do it. Although I have not had it ever.

Thats great to hear that your feeling good. I totally get the sleep thing. I have had to take a tylenol PM a couple of times.

I never did make the bows, I will post a pic here when I do though. Im not really doing any other prep for baby right now except will be moving my youngest daughter out of our room. Dh mentioned doing it today but Im having a hard time letting go. loool. She sleeps in her crib but I still like her being close but I know that I need to get her adjusted before this baby comes.

Did you get your sons bed? DID you find out any good advice about the sleeping? That is one of the hardest things to do when they are young, but man is it nice to get some good sleep!! and good for baby too. Please share if you do.

Enjoy the great the weather while you can, I know we are and hopefully will going to a fish farm to let the kids go fishing next weekend.
April 11th, 2013, 05:24 AM
Super Mommy
Did you move your daughter out of your room? How's it going?

We still need to do that with our little guy. He had his own room until we moved to this house, so hopefully the transition won't be too bad. We did put his toddler bed together, but the bedding was on back order, so we're still waiting for that. My goal is to make sure he's out this month, so he doesn't associate the move too closely with the baby's arrival. I think things will be tough anyway. He has been very very snuggly lately -- there's no way I'll be able to do all that holding and cuddling with a baby here.

I think the most important sleep advice I found, for me and DH, is to not confuse active sleep with waking up. We always picked up our son right away when we thought he was waking up, and probably actually disturbed him. I'm also looking for timelines to reduce and eliminate night feedings (seems like you can stop at 6 months with a pediatrician's approval, and a few months later for just about every baby). The other advice I plan to try is feeding the baby right away when he wakes up, and then trying to soothe him to sleep (without breastfeeding if possible) before he's been awake 2 hours. I wasn't very aware of that timeframe the first time, so hopefully the knowledge will help this time. Lastly I think I'll just hope for an easy baby!

Do you have any sleep tips as a BTDT mom? It was such a huge issue for us last time that I'm having trouble looking forward to the first few months with baby.

Hope you're having a good week!
April 16th, 2013, 09:22 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Ha! No never did move her out. I will give it another try later, I know she is ready, not sure I am!

DId u get all the bedding and things to complete your sons bedroom>? any pics? I really hope the move goes smoothly for you and your son. KMP

Oh man do I agree with you on the sleep advice. I did that for the longest time as well, picking up baby at the littlest movement or sound. I am still learning from that. lool. Also super great advice about the way baby is put back to sleep.

Those are totally my lessons learned with each baby. I dont talk to or turn any lights on in the middle of the night. I keep things moving as quickly as possible. I find that binkis are helpful. Although not all my children took one. I also agree that some babies are just better sleepers than others.

I have reached the max weight that I want to gain now already with this pregnancy so I am really hoping to start seeing the scale freeze or going down. Thats how mine go. Hows your gain? I know you had some issues with m/s for awhile and didnt gain very much.

Dh is really getting the yard in good shape. We had some small shrubs and trees removed and have been fertilizing the grass so now we need to make our way back down to the garden center and see if its too late to plant tuplip bulbs. I love love love tulips. We are also thinking about planting a small red japanese maple and the end of the driveway lawn. but willl have the experts give us advice. We cant seem to really stick to anything we plan on. lol.

I hope the weather has been good for you where you are, its been pretty nice here.
April 20th, 2013, 05:38 AM
Super Mommy
Ugh, it looks like some of the bed stuff is the wrong size. We ordered what Ikea recommended for the bed, but we should've double checked the measurements I guess. Why would they recommend the wrong thing, though?? Agh! Anyway, the room is still a mess. DH has been working on job applications, so we're behind on hanging curtain rods (always his job -- I'm so squeamish about chewing up walls with a drill!). Definitely no pictures yet, but here are online pics of the rug he already has, the new curtains, and the name decal I ordered with my son's name (except I ordered red, blue, and green to match the curtains and rug):

It's all still very kiddish; hopefully he won't be a "tough guy" too soon and we can keep this stuff a while.

Sounds like you guys have some pretty plans for your yard! We need to figure out the landscaping here. I think DH wants to tackle it this summer, but I'm desperate for us not to get distracted from getting rid of our wallpaper. I'm in this house a lot more than he is, and it really makes the place feel tired and "not ours" to me. Even if we just get rid of some of it before the baby comes, that will help. It will certainly take both of us, so that we can keep our son out of the mess. I hope there aren't too many more jobs DH wants to apply for -- the types of applications he has to do are very lengthy and time consuming, and they definitely take away from other things at home.

Weight gain is fine --if I gain a pound a week until week 40, that will be a total of 26 lb over my pre-pregnancy weight. My exercise is stalled because I hurt my foot, but I think it's on the mend enough that I can get back to it soon. I'm at the point in my pregnancy where all I want to do is walking anyway, plus a little yoga.

That's interesting that you tend to gain all your weight early. Do you think it makes other late pregnancy symptoms come on earlier? How are you feeling now? I hope things stabilize for you the way you want. Are you feeling much movement? Mine is dulled from the anterior placenta, but I still feel some every day. Sleep is getting harder because of hip soreness (and my son waking up from congestion), so I feel like I'm past the peak of this pregnancy. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted, and my energy is still ok, just not super.

Weather here is a joke! There was light snow last night and more snow forecast for tomorrrow. Why did we leave CA??? LOL In spite of it all I'm still glad to be back to where I'm "from." DS and I are finally going to get up to see my parents tomorrow, which I'm looking forward to. What are your weekend plans? Hope you have a good one!
April 24th, 2013, 07:51 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
OOh how irratating that they didnt do that!! its very cute though!!! Getting some name decals is something I need to do again for all my young ones.

You know you are so right about how my early weight gain could be a contributing factor in some of my problems. I have several back and neck issues without pregnancy and just the weight gain from pregnancy is a problem by itself besides the usual other pregnancy stuff that gets me down.

I seriously dont try to gain the weight though it just happens. I am really disappointed in myself with this pregnancy though because it has been a record weight gain for me. Im trying not to get down about it though but since last week its just constantly onmy mind.

Have you done your GTT yet? Ihave mine next week. I realllly hope I dont have any problems with it. I was thinking early on not to take it but with all the posters about people not passing has got me a bit worried. Anyhow I hope for the all of us that we can either pass it or manage it easily!!
April 29th, 2013, 11:37 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
HOw is your foot feeling?

I have been suffering a little which I posted in the private forum. Had a good weekend still didnt take the kids fishing but plenty of time for that. ANything exciting on your side?

I have yet to move Batoolee out of our room but think next wknd for sure. I am also thinking about when I should discontinue her bottle. She only has it twice a day and only 3-4 ounces of milk at a time in it. Its just part of her sleeping rountine for before she lays down ( only for nap and night ) and even then nap alot of the times she falls asleep on the couch before I even realize.

Anyhow, going to try and squeeze in some time for clothes shopping for the littles and the new baby this week. DId you get your sons room done?
May 7th, 2013, 04:44 AM
Super Mommy
Hey Farrah! Sorry, I've been MIA. I replied in the private forum too - hope you're feeling better.

So, no GD here, and fortunately this time the screening was sufficient. That's good, because I didn't want to take DS to the doctor for hours for the real test. Did you have your glucose test?

My foot is feeling better, thanks.

Our son's room is done except for decorating the walls and washing the fitted sheet. He still doesn't use big blankets, so dressing his bed is easy. Even his baby blankets make him mad, because he gets tangled up. The other night he threw them all into the dirty clothes hamper when we weren't looking! LOL Anyway, he's still in our room. But I do want to move him soon so he's used to it before a new baby is in his old territory. I wish both you and me good luck -- I don't expect it to be easy on this end. My son has been looking for lots of closeness and snuggling lately, and I don't think extra separation is part of his master plan.

Part of our weekend was doing DS's room, and we also had a bunch of neighbors over for dinner. We rarely entertain, so it took a lot of our attention but it seemed to go fine. Our neighborhood has a group of families that rotate group dinners monthly, so now we get to sit back and relax for several more months!

Do you have any plans for Mothers Day? We are planning to set house projects and cooking aside for the day, and I have asked DH to get the interior of the car clean one way or another as a Mothers Day treat for me. I'm not sure what we'll do, but hopefully the weather will be nice and we'll get out as a family.

Alright, DS is up. Time to be mommy again...
May 7th, 2013, 09:06 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Yaaahh for your passing your test!!! mmeeee tooooo!! I agree that would not have been fun for your ds to come on that long 2nd test. yyaahh though!!!

That is really cute your son tried to get 'rid' of the blankets.. My 2 youngest ones still use the sleeping bag thing that zips up and has arms open. I have wiggle worms that dont really stay in the blanket even if they wanted to . lool...

I am reallly feeling for ya on moving your ds out. I still have not moved 'B' out either. Thanks for the luck!!

You are brave for having so many guests to entertain! I am getting reluctant to entertain a couple of people. Im glad it well and you can sit back a bit from the load of friends.

I dont have specific plans for mother day. Great intro gift of a clean car though. It will be all sparkly and ready for a great day and date night for you guys.

I went and got a pregnancy massage and woooow...I booked a few more cus the owner gave about $30 off so hopefully on saturday evening after the kids go to sleep I will sneak out for a night session ( she's open till 8pm!!) and come back home and enjoy the relaxation!!

I really encourage all mamas to get a couple of massages in. We SO deserve it!!!
May 13th, 2013, 05:00 AM
Super Mommy
Mmmmmm... massage sounds nice! What is the pregnancy massage like? I've had standard/professional massage before, but never pregnant. I used to work at a place that gave its employees a free 1/2 hour every couple of months. Too bad that doesn't happen school districts -- I probably needed that 100x more when I was teaching!

Did you have a nice Mothers Day? I definitely enjoyed the clean car and nice weather, but DS and I are both a little sick and he didn't nap all weekend, so we were all tired after a bad night of sleep Saturday. I'm afraid I was a pretty cranky mother on Mothers Day. Feeling more rested today though. I'm glad today is unscheduled so I can just take care of business -- that's always so helpful on Mondays, I think.

Anything new with you?
May 16th, 2013, 02:54 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
If your pregnant by law what I am told is you HAVE to have pregnancy massage? not sure if that is true, but anyhow, They use a special table and inserts that you lay on your side with that are the BOMB!!! I totally need those at home! I would sleep so much better.

They tend to know where the 'pregnancy' aches and pains are and avoid areas. In my opinion its a way for them to charge more. lool.
But its great!

The free massage from your work is awesome. What a great way tobuild employee loyalty really. I hope you get one soon, you deserve it !!

I hope you and your son are feeling better. Are you still feeling welll enough in general to attend your playgroups?

I never ended up making any hair bows or anything. So now Im shopping around for the cutest. I would love to actually sew matching outfits for my girls. But I have no clue how to sew. Do you sew at all? I have seen pattern packets that you buy at the fabric store and follow that?! I may just buy a sewing machine and try it. lool.

I have a super bad headache today. I have taken the daily max of tylenol and prescription pain killers and its not budging. So if its not at least mellowed a tad by this evening, I will be calling my doc to see if I need to come in. aarrrggg..no fun!! sorrry I just had to complain. My head is just killing me.
May 17th, 2013, 06:36 PM
Super Mommy
Oooh, I hope your head is better. I had a couple of migraine-like incidents during my first pregnancy; I think they may have both been in the last month. I don't remember the pain being very bad, but I had visual disturbances and some headache, and the second time it really wiped me out. Pregnancy is so weird, isn't it?

DS definitely seems better, and I think I just have allergies at this point, nothing major. I generally still do my normal activities, including playgroup, although not always with a lot of pep. Our little playgroup will have its last meeting next week, but the bigger moms group continues to do stuff throughout the summer, and then there will be a new playgroup in the fall.

I haven't sewn since junior high home ec class. I think I made a kleenex box cover or something like that, LOL. I bet you really could make some cute things for your girls - that could be fun. I think it can also be frustrating to find the right cut/proportions in women's clothes, and sewing could be a great solution to that. Let me know if you try!
May 27th, 2013, 08:40 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
AS with the hair bows ...ive done nothing of course with sewing. Im not going to im sure..lool... I just dont have the time. fun, but ya not gonna workout.

Hope your having a great holiday weekend and the weather is alright where you are.

My back is killing me and the scatia is too. How are you feeling?
June 1st, 2013, 07:56 AM
Super Mommy
Feeling pretty good - I have some energetic days here and there and some that just wipe me out. Having nausea now and then which is disappointing, but I'm eating much more normally than 1st trimester. If "normal" means scarfing down half a tub of ice cream, LOL!

Memorial day was really nice. Non-pregnant people complained about it, but I loved the cool weather and we had a nice time strolling outdoors. How was yours?

Hope your pain has eased up. It's good to know we're getting close to the end, huh? Are you ready? We still need to do a few things, but at the same time we'd be ok with an early birth -- nothing huge is left to be done for the baby.

Have a nice weekend!
June 4th, 2013, 05:38 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
OOhh the nausea would be disappointing!! but glad you still got an appetite.

As for me, welll Im hanging in there really. My back problems are horrid but Im just not ready for the baby yet. Im ready to be done being pregnant but you know how the first couple of weeks are after delivery plus having a csection doesnt make it any better. Im thankful though for everything and still smiling

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search