AmiraX2 ( Farrah ) to Aramsamsam ( Heidi )

Gossip on the reef

Due Date Buddies

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Gossip on the reef LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 13th, 2013, 10:01 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Getting so close. How are you feeling? Are you having any prelabor? Have you got your DS in his bed and his room yet?
I still have NOT..lool... Dh and I agreed last night that today IS the day to get on that. time is really running out..still cant believe how fast this is all going.

I had an OB appt yesterday and alll looked well except that I gained 10lbs???? what ??? I thought I had lost and was anxious to see how much???? I just have no clue where this weight is going this time around. I dont look overfluffy and baby is measuring just fine.. ooh well...

What about you? are going every week now to doc? did you have the group b test yet? I have not. and doc hasnt mentioned it so could be that I will skip that one since I am having a csection.

Hope things are good with you, enjoy the upcoming weekend.
June 13th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Super Mommy
Yes, it really is getting close, isn't it? I have had some Braxton Hicks, no major false alarms though. How about you?

Good luck moving your little one to her room. DS loves his -- I'm so glad. We're still working on wrapping up some house projects -- definitely making progress. I'm afraid we may still have all of our ugly wallpaper when the baby arrives. Not that baby cares, but I do! Maybe just maybe we'll at least get rid of the stuff in the front entry.

My week by week appointments are starting this week. I'll have the Group B test Friday, as well as a check to see if I've dilated. I'm actually hoping to skip next week's appointment if all is well Friday; even if I do, the next one is only another10 days away. Good enough for me! I also hope not to do too much "checking". I've been taking DS to appointments with me, which is so much more convenient, but I don't want to do that for cervical checks. He's getting too active and curious for my comfort. I'm not modest with him but I have my limits! Also I remember cervix checks being pretty painful, and I'm not really sure what the point of them is. Glad your appointment went well. It's nice that at least you can't see the extra weight, since you were hoping not to gain. My hairdresser told me she once gained 30 lb without realizing it -- she's just built to hide it. She was not even pregnant.

Are you all doing anything special for Father's Day? So far DH's only request so far is to go out to brunch, which is nice for all of us. On Saturday I'm planning to do my last freezer-stocking cooking session. It has been a nice mellow week for cooking, because we've been eating up all the stuff I froze a while ago, making room for a bit more new stuff. So, that's all of our weekend plans so far. Oh, and we're stopping by a neighbor's party. It's really for a nonprofit that she's affiliated with, but I guess the neighbors are invited as a courtesy? We'll probably take turns popping in, but I have no plans to dance the night away. Falling asleep while trying to read a book at 9 is more like it!

Hope you have a good weekend, too!
June 15th, 2013, 09:06 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Oh man seriously Heidi I cant believe that I had so much reservation about getting B out of our room. There are 3 of my kids that I have had the 'issue' with letting go. She totally loves it and has been so easy on me too. I just love the freedom of our room back too.
So I cant believe we put it off but happy its done now. Glad things went smoothly for you guys too. Our babies dont say babies do they?

I havent had any false labor scares either thankfully. But I am physically done with pregnancy. Oh and I just notices last night that some of my bangle bracelets I have on that done come off are snug. uuugg...the weight gain is showing there I guess??

Sounds like you a great weekend planned and getting some meals cooked is something I should be doing but havent. We are going to be out doing some things with the kids and then Im suppose to be back early evening for my massage. Then tomorrow will be out visiting some and the hopefully if its not too late and Im not too tired we will grab some groceries.

Enjoy your book!!
June 21st, 2013, 03:40 PM
Super Mommy
I'm glad it went so well for you to put your daughter in her own room! You're right, they're not babies forever. And, thank goodness.

I'm feeling pretty ready to be done with pregnancy too. I'm sick of insomnia, and I know sleep will get worse before it gets better, but I'm ready to just dive in and get it done! Plus, I want to see what color hair this kid has, LOL!

I forget, do you have your c-section scheduled already? It must be kind of nice to know the date. I was just talking to another mom who picked her second kid's birth date so that his astrological sign would get along well with her first son. Do you have any strategies for picking a birthday?
June 25th, 2013, 08:39 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Yah I have my section scheduled for the 22nd. I tried to move it to the 19th which is a friday rather than on a Monday 22nd but was unable to. I have a reallly strong feeling I will not make it to the scheduled date though. But will see.

I dont do signs or anything like that and the doc is the one who actually gave me the date. I was lucky though cus he told reallly early in pregnancy though when I would be scheduled. oooh and my weight loss has already begun...im losing it fast too thankfully. SO now I enjoy getting on the scale when I see 5-7 lbs down each time!! yippeeee

You are gettting super close!!!!!!! I havent been able to be as much lately but Im looking forward to see us all deliver healthy beautiful babies!!! It seems the dominoes are falling already and its soooo cool!! this went by so fast.

OH did you get your freezer meals done? and are you dialating any or changes in your cervix?
June 27th, 2013, 07:02 PM
Super Mommy
Oh, glad it's more fun to get on the scale now. I'm definitely looking forward to shrinking once baby's out of there.

Yes, freezer meals are done. I have left a little room in the front of the freezer for important things like ice cream and a spare loaf of bread, but a lot of the freezer is filled with frozen stuff that can just be microwaved, even if it won't taste super awesome that way. In a couple of months I may switch over to preparing foods that need to be baked once they're unfrozen -- I'm sure a lot of stuff is better that way. I just want to take it easy in July though.

My doctor is going to leave my cervix alone unless I'm overdue, thank goodness. I was checked about 2 weeks ago, and I was fingertip dilated. Yesterday I thought I might be laboring soon, because I was kind of crampy and manic, but things seem back to normal (tired and with Braxton Hicks only) today. What is it that makes you feel like your baby will come before the C-section date?

Do you have anything you still want to do before baby arrives? We still need a name, but otherwise we're mostly ready. Today I'm sanitizing my pump and starting to pack for the hospital.

Enjoy this last month....
June 30th, 2013, 09:27 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Good thinking on the food prep!!

I dont have any certain indicating factor making me believe I will go before my section date its just my gut feeling on how my body is reacting to pregnancy right now. Of course its only a 'time will tell' thing though.

I have a few things to do still but have started. I need to one last shopping trip for things like bottles and more burp rags, recieving blankets, ect.. but Im also thinking I will buy a new bassinet oh and a boppy thingy.

ooh man your days are counted!! 9 days!!! wooww....will do anything natural to jump start labor?
July 1st, 2013, 12:33 PM
Super Mommy
LOL, naaahhh... I'll just let my body do its thing rather than trying to start labor soon. I'm sure glad my due date is close though.
July 3rd, 2013, 07:37 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
HA.. I totally understand. the day willl come soon enough. and you are super close.
July 6th, 2013, 09:19 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Sending labor {{{{{{{{{vibes}}}}}}}}} your way Heidi!!!!
July 10th, 2013, 02:57 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Heidi??????? any update on you??
July 16th, 2013, 05:59 AM
Super Mommy
LOL, sorry I was MIA! Birth news is now posted. Hope you're doing well. I'm going to PM you too...
July 22nd, 2013, 06:47 PM
Super Mommy
So, today was the day, right? Hope you and your family are doing great! Looking forward to hearing about your daughter.
July 25th, 2013, 08:31 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
I just posted had baby but will post my birth story later... i will be sending a private message ...

how are things going with your son and new baby? will you be attending any play groups any time soon? how are you feeling?
July 26th, 2013, 04:58 AM
Super Mommy
I'm excited for you!

Things are going well with the baby - much easier than the first. I think it has been a bit hard on my older son - we're spending so much time indoors and my attention is pulled away from him. DH is taking a couple mornings a week off for a while, so he takes my older son out then and in the evenings. I'm soooo glad we decided to structure his time off that way. We had a playdate here, but haven't gotten out to moms group events or anything yet. I think I'm about ready to try. I've had a couple of somewhat successful attempts at using the Moby, so going out seems more feasible. I feel good - nearly normal. Tired, of course, but I know it could be much worse.

Hope you're feeling well and the whole family is enjoying the new baby - keep me posted!
July 28th, 2013, 12:14 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Have you made your venture out yet??? I know...I dont usually leave the home with baby for a long time but I made an exception yesterday and that was my first venture out....went well!!

I have been tired but thats partly because I am now anemic and low hemoglobin or something the nurse said. I am now taking double vitamins and really eating very lightly and drinking veg and fruit smoothies.

DO you have a 4 or 6 week check up? I go at 3 weeks then at 6 weeks.
August 16th, 2013, 06:56 AM
Super Mommy
Hi! Glad your outing went well. How was your check up? Is your blood back in balance?

I've taken DS2 to the doctor, pharmacy, and coffee shop. The coffee shop was without DS1, so there was no juggling to do. It has gone ok. I'm still getting the hang of baby wearing, which has made some of the outings harder, and I've decided to buy an infant car seat after all. Sometimes you just need to put the kid down!

My check up is Monday - I am not expecting any problems. Hopefully I'll get the all clear to exercise, then I just need to find the time!

How's sleep going? How's your baby doing? Do you have any tips for getting little kids to whisper???
August 29th, 2013, 09:35 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Sleep is going well. Dh has taken up the entire nightly duties and keeps her in her bassinet in the office with him so I dont hear a thing when she wakes for her feeding!!

I really feel the energy when I wake up. Its great!

How about you? Hows your bundle doing? D is now almost 8 pounds now and getting super tall. not sure how many inchesnow though.

AAhhh getting kids to whisper??? lool I dont think its real well with children under 3yrs ......I tend to try and keep the littles busy with something when I need it quiet or need to get something done without little hands or voices around.

Like playdo or coloring or blocks ect......
September 8th, 2013, 04:33 AM
Super Mommy
Hi Farrah!

Just popping in, and I read about your hectic back-to-school morning. Good for you for getting so much done! DS1 was supposed to start preschool, but he was sick, so he'll start Tues. I'm excited for him - I just don't get him out as much as I used to, and I think he needs the fun. I'm excited for me, too. I like having some time with just baby & me.

My little guy is doing well. He's smiling a little and occasionally sleeps a 7-hour stretch (including last night - yay!). I hope nursing is going ok though - he kept seeming hungry after finishing yesterday, and I didn't fill up as much overnight as I usually would. In fact I had to cinch my bra straps up. Hopefully I'm just worried over nothing. The sleep is great, anyway.

How are you feeling these days? How's your little girl?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search