Hi Morgan

Gossip on the reef

Due Date Buddies

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Gossip on the reef LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 12th, 2013, 10:38 AM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
I don't really know what all of this is about, but I figured I would say hello Have you done this before?

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
January 18th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Emvious's Avatar Mom to 2+2+1 in the oven
Hey hun! Sorry, I've been in and out of hyperventilation mode here and not on much lately! Trying to be better about that though! I'm currently coming up some emotionally charged dates and just trying to stumble through them, coming out upright!

I haven't done this on justmommies before but I guess we can bounce questions or ideas off each other and keep everyone posted for each other when things get closer to delivery. I'm on another site alot, a knitting community called Ravelry, and we have a few of us who do the same thing for each other via texts with one another.

I'm pretty open and will talk about pretty much anything, so if you have questions go right ahead and ask! I've got a 7yo boy & a 5 1/2 yo girl at home so far, this is my 5th pregnancy.

Waiting to meet my angels in heaven

Emmett Parker, 2-4-12, missed miscarriage @ 11 weeks
Wyatt Leland, 7-30-12, miscarried at 6.5 weeks

Emerson Benton, heartbeat stopped 2-4-13, born 2-5-13 @ 17w3d, 5.6oz, 9" long
January 21st, 2013, 01:43 PM
No worries, I haven't been around much myself. Not feeling the greatest and just started classes again.

I have a million questions, but most of them are the "it's different for everyone" type. The rest I need to bring up with my doctor. She doesn't seem to care and I'm waiting to hear from a different office to see if I can go there, instead. Long wait. I have a lot of concerns right now. I haven't gained any weight, not grown at all, and nearly all of my symptoms have gone away completely the past two weeks. That and my ovaries are still causing me a lot of pain. But stuck between a doctor who doesn't care, and one I haven't met yet, I'm stuck wondering.

I don't know how you prefer to stay in touch, my text app doesn't work anymore. I work on the computer mostly so I'm pretty easy to reach online. Here's my fb photography page. My e-mail and personal fb are on there, too. Whatever you're comfortable with.

January 21st, 2013, 05:55 PM
Emvious's Avatar Mom to 2+2+1 in the oven
Well, I can tell you my takes on them if you want! even if we all are different (you have no idea how much I hte that line!) it at least gives you a reference point for one person out there.

I hear you on the concerns! 11-12 weeks is pretty normal for noticing a drop in symptoms, that's when the placenta starts taking over hormone production & your body starts getting a break. The weight issue, I know alot of people who don't gain or show until well into their second trimester, especially if they are a bit fluffier to start with and in their first pregnancies. I didn't really gain or show until 14-15 weeks with my oldest. I've actually lost 4lbs so far at 15 weeks this time, but I know whats going on there for me (yay! food aversions) So long as you are getting your basic needs the baby will take what it needs. If you are getting alot of pain in the overy area and your doc isn't listening, I might be inclined to head to the ER...But I tend to err on the side of caution with pregnancies after losing two last year. (Have you had an ultrasound yet? Even just to make sure babe is where its supposed to be?) It could be just stretching, but on the other hand its better off knowing there isn't anything wrong. depending on where things are growing in there the location of the stretching aches can be different. Try calling either office and talk to a nurse, explain you worries and ask if they would rather you come see them (and take you seriously) or go to the ER because you want your concerns addressed one way or another.

And good for you switching docs! Her not listening/caring isn't a good sign no matter how far along you are!

I will try to drop you an email in the next few days, tomorrow starts the school week and DD and I are trying to get ahead so our year will end in May instead of June so we are keeping extra busy right now! Email and here are probably the easiest ways to keep in contact for me...I'm a bit of a fb nazi (and still not out pregnancy wise there yet!). i understand it as a business aid and networking opportunity photography wise but otherwise just stay off of it mostly (and I haven't posted any work there for over a year, since I can't work on my stuff while pregnant and haven't found a medium I'm excited about otherwise).

Waiting to meet my angels in heaven

Emmett Parker, 2-4-12, missed miscarriage @ 11 weeks
Wyatt Leland, 7-30-12, miscarried at 6.5 weeks

Emerson Benton, heartbeat stopped 2-4-13, born 2-5-13 @ 17w3d, 5.6oz, 9" long
January 22nd, 2013, 04:11 PM
Well, fortunately the MS seems to have made a hell of a comeback this week. As much as I don't love it I am relieved. The immediate ceasing of all my symptoms on the same day really worried me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emvious View Post
Have you had an ultrasound yet?
There have been two, though I wasn't allowed to see either of them. As far as location everything is fine. However I did have a rather large cyst in my left ovary at 5 weeks. I brought it up both at my 7 week and my 11 week appointment. They insisted this was a normal leutal cyst and would shrink/disappear around week 12. Clearly they had/have no intentions of checking on it at all (just as they have no intentions of checking on anything else). I have a history of cysts and I know the pain of them. This is the most excruciating I've ever had and so far it's not gotten any better. With my family history of ovarian/uterine cancer that worries me. Their answers for everything seem to be "Oh that's normal." and "Tell your doctor at your next appointment." I'm getting seriously pissed at the lack of care from this place. I really hope the other medical group calls me back tomorrow.

Guess I had better get back to my school work.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search