bellabri287(Brianna) to Meggysmommy(Cay)

Gossip on the reef

Due Date Buddies

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ninja_mommy
  • 1 Post By bellabri287

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Gossip on the reef LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 12th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Twin Mama
Hi Cay! How are you feeling today? Do you consider 13w the 2nd trimester, if so can you believe we are starting the 2nd timester? I feel like time is flying! Have you bought anything for the new baby yet? I hope you have a great weekend!

January 12th, 2013, 02:00 PM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
I consider 13wks the 2nd trimester too! I'm still getting sorta sick some days more than others. Have been a huge couch potato recently since the weather has been crappy. Though today I did walk to TRU to get wipes for moo. Has your doc mentioned how far he hopes you make it with the twins? I'm keeping fingers crossed for 39wks for myself. Do you know if you will be able to have a vaginal delivery?

January 12th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Twin Mama
My DR is very optimistic, he said 36w is very common for twins to go into labor and deliver. So he guesses I'll go around then, but wont let me go past 38w. He will do vaginal if baby A is bigger than baby B and baby A is head down. So I'm willing to try vaginal if he is! He has a lot of twin experience and doesn't seem fazed one bit by the twin thing.

When did you go with your first? Was she vaginal?

I'm a bit overwhelmed today trying to figure out the stroller and carseat thing. IDK why but it's my biggest concern.

January 14th, 2013, 01:21 PM
I had Megan at 36wks 6 days due to Pre-E. We were trying to hold out for 3 more days but my bp skyrocketed and wouldn't come down. She was a c/section since she was breech. I found out after the delivery something the doctor suspected was that I have a unicornate uterus which means it is only half there. So everything on my right is formed and I have a left ovary. It is pretty crazy stuff. So that is why I'm most likely going with a c/section again.
For the carseat and stroller frustration I definitely think going to like BRU, Target or even if you have any resale stores in your area to test out what is out there would be your best bet.

January 27th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Twin Mama
Wow, thats crazy about the uterus, amazing how our bodies can still have a healthy pregnancy with something like that. Scary about the Pre-E, did she need to be in the NICU begin that early?

So how are you feeling today?

We're 15 weeks, yay! I'm noticing changes for sure, my hips are sore, sitting down for long times isn't that fun. My midsection is just weighted, so shifting in bed is fun, LOL. I also have a lot of soreness in my upper tummy like I did crunches, I think from everything stretching and moving.

I still havent felt them and I have likely 4 weeks until I find out the sexes. I'm really bummed out today about that. I have an u/s wednesday so I'll ask dr to be nice and if one of them is spread eagle to tell us, but I doubt he will.

Are you finding out sex? Have you felt the baby?

January 30th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Totally thought I responded to this last night! Dang preggo brain

Luckily Megan was born really healthy other than being super jaundice. She probably should have been under the bili lights but we avoided it and everything was fine. How are we so close to half way now ?!!?! I've still been super tired and I really don't know why but it caught up with me today when Megan decided to draw in permanent marker on the wall while I was asleep on the couch.

February 9th, 2013, 07:15 AM
ninja_mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeggysMommy View Post
I found out after the delivery something the doctor suspected was that I have a unicornate uterus which means it is only half there. So everything on my right is formed and I have a left ovary. It is pretty crazy stuff.
That is crazy!
And sorry I'm stalking here Bri I have a bunch of friends who have multiples. Where we live they have a special group set up for moms of multiples and it's set up to be a support group. Something like that might really help if you haven't thought about it
MeggysMommy likes this.

Oct '11 June '12
February 14th, 2013, 11:20 AM
I'm such a slacker to remember coming in here more than like 1x a week to post something! Are you feeling the babies move yet Bri?

February 14th, 2013, 09:48 PM
Twin Mama
I thought i responded to this earlier in the week, weird!

I think I can say I have felt them, its little taps that are not quite the same as gas bubbles. I could be crazy but I think it's them. So exciting, cannot wait for my anatomy u/s! Yours is soon yea?

How's you bump going, mine has exploded recently it's starting to be in the way and be obvious, I like it except when I lean over tables and it puts pressure there, ick.

February 22nd, 2013, 08:10 PM
Oh my bump has been super noticeable I'd say for the last 3-4 weeks? I think because of my previous c/section this girl is hanging out a lot lower than Megan was. And what you are describing totally sounds like movement! And how exciting you have your u/s in 4 days right?!

February 23rd, 2013, 12:06 PM
Twin Mama
I typed a big response and it lost it. boo hoo

I am very excited to see them! Last time I saw them was 12 weeks, heard them on doppler at 16 weeks. After not seeing them fro so long I'm getting worried, especially with movement not consistent yet. I know being a ftm and plus size make that the norm but I wish I at least felt something daily.

The hip pain has really kicked in, I was shocked it felt like over night. They ache all the time, I feel/sound like I'm 90 getting up out of bed and off chairs. My nipples seem to also be changing a lot lately, cracking, colors changes, it's all so strange for me.

How are you feeling, any new pains/changes? Now you know its another girl what have you bought, do you need to buy much? Now you can focus on names, how's that going?

February 23rd, 2013, 12:29 PM
I just tried to type a response too and my tablet ate it! Urgh!

I've been having a lot of heartburn and hip pain. The heartburn seems a ton worse at night probably because I'm laying down. I've also noticed my nipples hurting a lot more too but hadn't really figured out why.
I'm very excited to hear about your appt! I'm sure you are definitely ready for it to be here
I went through all of Megan's clothes and then got some NB and 0-3 months from my friend so I am totally covered on clothes and blankets for this little girl. The only thing I have to get is a new stroller, a bigger carseat, and cloth diapers. There are a few names I like, and I think we narrowed down her middle name to DH's middle name which is Robin. One of the first names I like is Hayley so I think Hayley Robin sounds really cute. Not completely set on it yet but that is the one I'm leaning towards.

March 29th, 2013, 08:13 PM
How are you feeling these days?!

March 31st, 2013, 09:48 PM
Twin Mama
I am doing OK, I feel like I'm really slowing down, my brain is turing to mush and I miss my body. Not that I had a great body but I miss being able to bend over, sit down & get up, wipe my butt ect. without so much effort. LOL I'm measuring between 35-38 weeks now (I was 35 at 22w6d), I'm feeling ready to be done with work. Being a FTM I don't feel ready mentally/emotionally, ect. not to mention we have no baby gear besides the stroller and some clothes. I feel like I need some time to a. relax and keep the babies baking as long as possible and b. read some books on like babies for dummies so I don't feel like such an unprepared mom.

In positive news feeling the babies so so so much more, I love it. My fat layer keeps me from feeling a lot on the outside but we did earlier this week and it was magical. Oh and we picked our names! We are keeping them private until the birth, I don't want judgment from family.

So how are you? Any new developments? Hows Moo(hope you dont mind I call her that its an adorable nickname) , is she aware of your belly growing and what that means?
MeggysMommy likes this.

April 2nd, 2013, 10:18 PM
I wish I had some good advice on the FTM front but I've got super mommy brain now that back then was all a blur lol. I definitely think if you are able to taking some time for you and to help you mentally prepare yourself for everything(well as much as you can) would be a good idea. When are you planning on getting the bigger stuff you need? Not a whole lot going on here though I did finally feel her kick from the outside the other day. I too think my fat layer and her being so low and basically just kicking my insides has prevented me from feeling a lot of her movements besides inside. I had my 24wk appt this morning and DH and moo(totally fine that you call her that sometimes I forget to call her Megan unless she is in trouble haha) went with me. I'm always asking "Where's sissy?" and she points to my belly but I'm not sure she gets it at all. She is probably just thinking sissy is some part of my body. At my appt this morning when the doc went to check the heartbeat he asked her if she could hear her sister. And when it was done she kept asking for more. It was really cute because normally she could care less or gets really antsy at the docs office. I have 2 appts that will be 3wks apart each. That really makes it feel like its going faster because my last 2 were 8wks and 5wks apart and that was just ridiculous! Then after that I will go every 2wks either until 34 or 36wks. It really just depends on how my body handles the rest of the pregnancy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search