Gini (Gini_3boys) & Christen (LadyGamer)

Gossip on the reef

Due Date Buddies

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Gossip on the reef LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 17th, 2013, 10:35 AM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
Hi Due Date Buddy!!! Now we have a little thread we can chat back! To tell me about yourself. I'm rather excited to have a DDBuddy that is a btdt, since I often feel so lost in the whole pregnancy process. I don't know anyone in real life that has children, so I'm going in blind.

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

January 17th, 2013, 04:24 PM
Super Mommy

Last edited by Gini_3boys; November 29th, 2014 at 02:38 PM.
January 17th, 2013, 04:47 PM
I'm Christen. I'm 25 years old and I've been married to my husband for five years now. This will be the first for both of us, but I've been a JM member for most of our marriage, so I know a lot of baby theory, but lack all of the practice. We are due July 28, and are totally over the moon.

My next appointment is Monday, and I hope to hear baby on doppler or be sent for another ultrasound

January 17th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Super Mommy
Sometimes just holding the baby in your arms and going by that motherly instinct is all you will need.
My next appt is next Friday. The first visit with the actual Dr.
I'm sure you will hear the heartbeat on Monday( such an amazing sound!)but an u/s would be even better! I bought a doppler off Ebay with my last pregnancy so I feel very lucky to get to hear my little one every night.

Just curious, what kind of games do you or did you play Lady Gamer? =)
January 18th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Well, lots of gaming I play boardgames and video games, mostly. I actually work at a boardgame cafe teaching people how to play games. DH is a indie game designer as well So our lives are very gaming-centric.

January 18th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Super Mommy
That sounds like such a cool job! Probably never a dull moment!
January 18th, 2013, 06:24 PM
I'm very excited to pass on the gaming to baby. I do really believe in limiting and controlling video game play times, while young and through school (I won't have my elementary schooler playing shooting games! ach), but boardgames at our house will be a free-for-all. I really want to encourage baby to sit at a table and think and interact with friends and family in a fun environment. I already have several games picked out that I want to get baby, but I figure I should get the necessities first

Is there anything that you're passionate enough that you are (or will be) passing down to your children? Or anything special you all do for family time?

January 18th, 2013, 06:44 PM
Super Mommy

Last edited by Gini_3boys; November 29th, 2014 at 03:24 PM.
January 20th, 2013, 02:28 AM
Oh, I love games like Mario for families. I've saved all my games from growing up, and I can't wait to play family friendly video games (under supervision and moderation). So exciting

I hope my kids are readers too. Growing up, my bonding time with my dad was when he took me to the book store, so it was very important to me. I live a 5 minute walk from the second largest library in Toronto, which is huge and multi-stories, so I plan to make weekly+ outings with baby to go pick out books.

January 20th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Super Mommy
That sounds like such a fun activity to do with your child. A walk to the library! Our library is pretty far from here so no such luck.

On a side note, I love love the smell of book stores! Makes me sad so many are closing and everyone is going to ebooks. Don't get me wrong, it is nice to just download a book on the ipad when I'm wanting a new book to read but don't feel like driving 45 mins to go get one but still holding a real book in your hands beats reading something electronic any day.

So are you hoping for a boy or girl?
January 20th, 2013, 10:33 AM
There are pros and cons to each gender, and the extent of my preference comes down to the fact that we have a girls name and not a boys So, I'm hoping girl, but on a scale from 1 to 100, of 1 being girl and 100 being boy, I'm at 49.9

January 20th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Super Mommy
I've heard from people who have both genders that boys tend to be easier. With that number (49.9) I'd say you have pretty good odds at getting the gender you want =)

I think it's pretty obvious what I'm hoping for lol But hoping for and actually getting are 2 different things so I fully expect another boy
January 21st, 2013, 08:00 PM
So I had a doctors appointment today. Apparently my blood levels weren't high enough again, so they had to take more, though I'm now at the point where the hCG is going down... so it doesn't really make sense, but they want to be extra cautious. But, because they don't like my numbers, I've been getting a lot of ultrasounds to make sure baby is growing okay I go in for my fourth ultrasound tomorrow at 3:30.

I'm not really sure if this is normal, or to be worried, but baby seems to be growing fine each ultrasound... so I'm trying not to worry.

Also, I'm finally far enough along to be referred to an OB

January 22nd, 2013, 12:55 PM
Super Mommy
Well at least you are getting to see your baby often and he/she is growing well.

I'm not sure about all the levels and stuff that goes along with pregnancy as my Dr has never mentioned those things to me so I'm kind of clueless. Do they seem really concerned or just a little and want to double check? It's good they are monitoring you closely though making sure baby is okay.

How did the u/s go today?
January 27th, 2013, 07:07 PM
Super Mommy
How are you doing? Hoping everything went well at your ultrasound.
January 28th, 2013, 04:47 PM
Ultrasound went great. Baby is starting to look a lot more proportional and baby-like I came out on facebook and posted an ultrasound, which was fun.

I just got back from a last hoorah trip with DH to Niagara Falls We went to a four day boardgame get together thing. Gamers from all over New York and Ontario gathered in the hotel to play games straight. It was a ton of fun That why I wasn't here posting

January 29th, 2013, 01:00 PM
Super Mommy
I'm glad your little one is looking good and healthy. That trip sounds like it was so much fun, I'm jealous!

I had to reschedule my Drs appt, it's now next Tuesday. Then next appt. we should get our ultrasound, yay!
January 30th, 2013, 10:06 PM
YAY ultrasound!! I hate having to reschedule though. Always such a pain. Is the next next appointment going to be the big ultrasound?

February 5th, 2013, 06:58 PM
Super Mommy
My Drs appt went good today, everything seems great so far. My ultrasound is scheduled for March 5! So excited!

When is your big ultrasound to find out the gender? Or are you finding out?
February 6th, 2013, 10:45 PM
Yay!!! So the 5th you'll find out for sure if it is a boy like you think? How exciting

I don't have the big ultrasound scheduled sadly. I still haven't heard about if they've found me an OB or not, and they push you to them between 14-16 weeks, I was told. If I don't hear soon, I'm going to call and just ask what they can do with my prenatal care just as a normal doctors office, until I get an OB. This is ridiculous. They've been giving me ultrasounds just to make sure baby is still alive and all, but that is pretty much it. They aren't doing any of the regular routine stuff, not even monitoring my weight gain or anything they should. They only even tested me for a UTI at one of my six or so appointments, which is something they are supposed to do at every prenatal appointment. *sigh*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search