Freaking out just a little...hoping this bean sticks!

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By BostonmamaSue12

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 27th, 2013, 11:46 AM
BostonmamaSue12's Avatar Veteran
So, this is my third pregnancy and I am over the moon about my BFP. I came down with a nasty cold yesterday and coughing up a lung over here and trying to rest, but this afternoon when I went to the bathroom, I started having spotting, It was pinkish and then brown mostly when I wipe. I actually did have a little of this with my first pregnancy and I was fine, but this still concerns me so much. Im literally freaking out, The nurse says to get rest and come in for bloodwork tomorrow. The big this is that we havent told anyone yet and with my youngest being sick and home from school tomorrow, I think I might need my moms help to watch her, so I think I will tell her. I just feel so silly telling her the good news and then following that by saying I might lose the baby already. I just feel like a failure and silly even talking to her about it.

Anyways - Im trying to think good thoughts and hope for the best.

Has anyone else experienced anythign similar? Im so worried!

Expecting #3 on September 30th! ITS A BOY!!

January 27th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Oh, goodness. I spotted from 9 - 14 DPO, 6 days! I'm breastfeeding so my LP is a bit short at 8 days, and right on time I found that first spot of blood.

09 DPO was a teeny spot mixed with CM

10 DPO was a tiny streak mixed with CM (Oh, I'm late... )

11 DPO was a bit of brown when I wiped (Ugh, brown, no, I'm not!)

12 DPO was more brown then pink, cm was dark RED. (There's my regular period! Woot 11 day LP!!!)

13 DPO was one spot of pink then nothing. (Wait, where'd the blood go?)

14 DPO was literally a gigantic red string of CM. It went from me to the toilet. HUGE! (um...ok...for sure this is my period!) Blood vanishes.

11 PM at night on 14 DPO, "No way am I lucky enough to have implantation bleeding and not a period HOLYCRAPPOSITIVE!"

I had one more slight blush of spotting when I wiped at 15 DPO, so barely there pink. And then it was gone. Now CM is creamy.

I know it's hard, but try not to worry. Drink some water, put your feet up.
January 28th, 2013, 07:28 AM
Thanks for the advice! Went in for bloodwork this morning and waiting to hear. I do feel a little better knowing that spotting can be common. I still have this light brown (watery) type of spotting every time I go to the bathroom. Fingers crossed it is nothing! I couldnt sleep last night worrying about it all!

January 28th, 2013, 07:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
During my last pregnancy I had bright red spotting & enough bleeding to soak a panty liner in a day. This lasted 3 - 4 days. My DD is a healthy 3 1/2 yo now. Hand in there and I hope you get some great numbers on your Beta and that the spotting eases up for you.

January 28th, 2013, 08:14 AM
ChoMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I also spotted with my first a few days before my period, then with my 2nd at around 6 weeks had HUGE amounts of blood, I went in for a vag ultrasound totally expecting the worse. I told the dr "its over" before he even looked, that's how bad it was. And obviously they are both here and happy, healthy as can be. Bleeding is a lot more common in the 1st trimster then anyone tells us. Good thoughts going your way! Hope all goes well!! KUP!

January 28th, 2013, 08:26 AM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How nervewracking!!! I think if I saw as much blood as some of you saw, I'd have a stroke!!

My doctor told me that spotting is very common in early pregnancy, and not even to worry about it unless I was soaking through pantyliners or if the bleeding was accompanied by pain.

Quote:
The big this is that we havent told anyone yet and with my youngest being sick and home from school tomorrow, I think I might need my moms help to watch her, so I think I will tell her. I just feel so silly telling her the good news and then following that by saying I might lose the baby already. I just feel like a failure and silly even talking to her about it.
If you are uncomfortable telling your mother at this point, could you just tell her that you have a doctor's appointment, and leave it at that?

Good luck with your testing, and please do keep us updated.
January 28th, 2013, 08:48 AM
karmaissotrue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to karmaissotrue Send a message via Yahoo to karmaissotrue
I spotted with DS, it was later in my pregnancy around 9 weeks but I was freaked out. I had to go to the ER for a emergency ultrasound. Your in my prayers, & hope your little pumpkin sticks

THANKS SO MUCH KILIKI FOR THE WONDERFUL SIGGY
January 28th, 2013, 02:23 PM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
T& P for you! I hope it is nothing and just normal early pregnancy cramping/spotting.

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
January 29th, 2013, 05:16 AM
Hi Ladies,
Just an update - spotting has stopped completely and my first HCG test looked good. She said my numbers are right where they should be. I go in tomorrow for more bloodwork to make sure my numbers are going up. I think that the blood was old blood from implantation. That is what they told me when it happened with my first pregnancy. Hoping I am right.....

And, I told my parents and they are surprised, but thrilled!
ChoMomma and Dolly Lama like this.

January 29th, 2013, 05:24 AM
ChoMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad you got some good news!! Hope your numbers continue to rise!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search