Any Waterbirth Buddies?

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By 2Corinthians10:4
  • 1 Post By MadMay
  • 1 Post By MarchMom2007
  • 1 Post By MadMay

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 3rd, 2013, 03:27 PM
MadMay's Avatar Super Mommy
I plan on doing a water birth at my local hospital as long as the pregnancy goes well and I am eligible.
Anyone else planning to do a water birth? Have you done one before? What made you decide to do a water birth?

February 3rd, 2013, 03:59 PM
KellJoO's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm looking into it. I think it would be a really neat experience and I've always been intrigued by the women who do it. I need to do more research though- but it's definately something I'm looking into.

So I'll be checking this thread to read about it from those who have done it and get any advice!
Cautiously Expecting #1

IT'S A GIRL!!!

One Angel in Heaven lost @ 6Weeks 2/7/2013
February 3rd, 2013, 04:00 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are planning a home water birth with this one. My last was in the hospital that was very uncrunchy friendly, if that makes sense.
MarchMom2007 likes this.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

February 3rd, 2013, 04:13 PM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
I have always wanted one, sadly not an option for me, but I think it would be amazing.

February 3rd, 2013, 05:39 PM
The best thing to do is give a quick call to your local labor and delivery ward in the hospital and ask them if they have a birthing tub. My local one does but only one so if another woman is using it when I go into labor I wont get it. My back up place is to use the tubs they have in the normal rooms which they dont want you giving birth in but lets see them try to get me out. ; ) Also check to make sure your doctor will do a water birth. for those of you who are interested check out youtube I love how most of the time as soon as the baby is out of the water the baby just looks up at the mom and is so alert and not crying I just like how peaceful it is. I also see the benefit of having a lower chance of tearing and that it helps with the pain a little bit.
SerenitysMom likes this.

February 3rd, 2013, 06:00 PM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
I would love to do a waterbirth. I labored briefly in a tub with my son, but I was wildly overmedicated in the hospital, and freaked out when the water started to speed things up even more.

This time around I am planning a home birth with no medication, so crossing my fingers that a waterbirth can happen.
MadMay likes this.

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.
February 3rd, 2013, 06:12 PM
Seems like we have a good amount of people looking in to it I hope we all get our water births! So excited XD
MarchMom2007 likes this.

February 3rd, 2013, 08:47 PM
Veteran
I tried for a water birth last time but after 24 hours of hard labor and constant vomitting I had to cave in and get some pain medicine so I did not get to finish in the tub. I have my fingers crossed that things will go smoother this time but I have an irregular shaped cervix so it makes it very tricky to get those little babies pushed out! I recommend anyone interested in it to try, it was the one place I could find a semi comfortable position while laboring.
February 4th, 2013, 05:30 AM
Thunderlily's Avatar Living my dream
I had a water birth with my daughter Willow. It was a home birth and kind of a last minute decision :-P I'm glad I chose to do it at least once!

Some people really love the pool, others not so much. My experience was the later. I LOVE laboring in the water and I love the idea behind a water birth, but I just couldn't get comfortable in the pool... so, since then I've been giving birth on dry land

My sister-in-law loves giving birth in the pool. Everybody is different..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search