"Look at that body....I work out" :P

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Valley83
  • 1 Post By MadMay
  • 1 Post By Lucy S.

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 3rd, 2013, 07:50 PM
Miss Bliss's Avatar Veteran
Anyone else going to work out through your pregnancy ? I started after my last pregnancy and am
Going to be working out consistently during this one for the first time. Anyone else?
February 3rd, 2013, 07:56 PM
Super Mommy
I have lost 40 pounds since April and would like to keep my pregnancy gain to a reasonable amount. I have been running since May and would like to continue.
soul_donut likes this.
February 3rd, 2013, 08:18 PM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
I will be working out 2-3 times per week like usual, but I'd like to pick up yoga to gain some core strength and to learn better breathing techniques. So far this week I have unintentionally lost about 4-5 lbs but I think it's just because I have given up alcohol/coffee/soda and have been eating healthy for baby. I don't expect that trend to continue much longer

Does anyone have any yoga dvds/netflix/hulu/internet recommendations for beginners? Or other core exercises? I don't know whether or not sit-ups are ok, etc during pregnancy.
February 3rd, 2013, 08:34 PM
lindsaylyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been running 1-2 miles 3 X a week and want to continue.
February 3rd, 2013, 08:57 PM
MadMay's Avatar Super Mommy
Most exercises are safe to perform during pregnancy, as long as you exercise with caution and do not overdo it.

The safest and most productive activities are swimming, brisk walking, indoor stationary cycling, step or elliptical machines, and low-impact aerobics (taught by a certified aerobics instructor). These activities carry little risk of injury, benefit your entire body, and can be continued until birth.

Tennis and racquetball are generally safe activities, but changes in balance during pregnancy may affect rapid movements. Other activities such as jogging can be done in moderation, especially if you were doing them before your pregnancy. You may want to choose exercises or activities that do not require great balance or coordination, especially later in pregnancy.

according to webmd
soul_donut likes this.

February 3rd, 2013, 10:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Once it's warmer, I plan on it. I run, but my gym membership was up in December and it's been below 0 most of the winter, so I haven't been in awhile. Once it starts staying above 30, I'll probably break out the stroller again and get back to it.

February 4th, 2013, 12:03 AM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
soul donut I saw this and thought of you:
Workin' out my issues / Exercises to strengthen abs & pelvic floor muscles for delivery.

Exercise is an almost everyday thing for me since I lost 100+ pounds 6 years ago.
I dont really workout in the 2ww and that kills... but I am just so paranoid. I am still taking it easy out of fear I just want to feel "safe" so I can workout.
soul_donut likes this.
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

February 4th, 2013, 12:19 AM
Oh and this one!
Bump it Up! / ab exercises for pregnancy
February 4th, 2013, 05:07 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
I am not currently, so no. I am thinking of joining the Y though so that I can swim or something.

February 4th, 2013, 08:01 AM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
I was in the middle of Jillian Michaels 30 day shred when I found out. I will definitely be working out throughout my pregnancy. Right now I am feeling pretty sick and run down though so I am taking a little break until I feel better!

February 4th, 2013, 08:31 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
Thanks Lucy I am going to check them out!! Congratulations on your weight loss - that's incredible. You have a lot of discipline
February 4th, 2013, 05:48 PM
NP!
And I like to eat so I have to work out
Makes up for my lack of food discipline!
February 4th, 2013, 06:16 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am hoping to run 3x a week and cross train 2-3x per week throughout this pregnancy as well as eat better.

I actually just got done running a little under a mile and now I am eating a sonic burger lol. I told my grandma not to let me go to the track and run anymore because I pass all the fast food places on the way home.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search