cramping and back pain

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Whiterozse
  • 1 Post By britt1012

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 4th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Hello everyone

I am 4 weeks prego and i recently started having cramps and back pain. I went to the hospital to make sure everything was ok and the doctor and nurses were completely rude and just not sympathetic at all. The doctor did a vaginal ultrasound and said he could not find my baby but said it could be too early. They did a blood test which confirmed i was pregnant. They are sending me back to do another blood test tomorrow morning to make sure my levels are rising. They suspect an ectopic pregnancy but when i called my obgyn they said nothing really pointed to that but wanted to go ahead and still do a blood test. I have had no bleeding but still pain in my lower abdomen. I'm very nervous/scared. this is my first baby and me and my boyfriend are very excited along with our families. please if anyone has had anything similar please share i need some hope. Thanks for listening.
February 4th, 2013, 03:53 PM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
I have had a few lower back twinges this week, and I don't think it is anything major. Are you in pain-pain or just discomfort? I hear some cramping is normal. Good luck to you; I hope all is well and the doc gives you good news.
February 4th, 2013, 03:57 PM
just discomfort. and thank you im hoping for the best.
February 4th, 2013, 04:03 PM
MadMay's Avatar Super Mommy
I had a tubular pregnancy. My experiance was that while I felt the cramping it wasnt painful just uncomfortable. The main thing you need to look for is if the cramping is mostly on one side and I would describe the cramping as more of a sharp feeling.

February 4th, 2013, 04:19 PM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've been cramping and have lower back ache off and on this week, just trying to hope for the best!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

February 4th, 2013, 04:52 PM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Cramping can be very normal. And at 4 weeks its way early to see anything on an u/a too. Try to relax and think positive thoughts. Praying you get great news soon!

February 4th, 2013, 04:55 PM
@madmay did you have any bleeding?
February 4th, 2013, 04:58 PM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
I'm sorry you have to go through this, I hope your levels rise. FX for a healthy little bean. And Welcome to the group!

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**
February 4th, 2013, 06:00 PM
Wanta.number2's Avatar Hi, I'm Tiffani!
Cramping this early is normal. If you're in a LOT of pain or bleeding bright red that can be signal of a problem. I have been cramping as well.

Also, severe cramping after 6 to 8 weeks is a more common symptom of ectopic, as well as bleeding. Your OB is right.
February 4th, 2013, 06:20 PM
Whiterozse's Avatar Veteran
Popping in from the May DDC...I had very similar symptoms weeks 4-6 (period like cramps and lower back pain--sometimes it would take my breath away) and it scared me to death. I had a very helpful lady from another DDC give me some great advise that hopefully I can pass to you

Up your water intake! You should be drinking at least 84 oz of water a day, if not more. Once I upped my water, I felt 100% better. But, if you really feel like there's a problem, that you should always go get it checked out...hopefully it will ease your mind some. Hang in there and congrats!
soul_donut likes this.

February 5th, 2013, 03:43 PM
thank you everyone. results came back great all is fine here. I have my first u/s feb 25th.
MarchMom2007 likes this.
February 5th, 2013, 03:59 PM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
So good to hear! Glad you are reassured, and I am so sorry they were so insanely rude to you. Huge hugs!

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.
February 5th, 2013, 10:36 PM
SierraWinter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My lower back pain is getting a little worse & I've had left side cramping and aches for two weeks. If the doctors and nurses weren't too caring I would suggest you find someone you feel more comfortable with. Nothing worse than being nervous and afraid and dealing with people that should be there for your health that are not caring.
Good luck to you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search