What's your story? How did you get to be here today?

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2013, 01:30 AM
What is your life story? How did you meet your partner, when did you marry etc etc. I love reading about other people.

My situation is a little unusual in that I grew up with my fiance.

Our parents met in hospital. Both had given birth to twin girls on the same day - July 2nd 1985. My mum had already got 4 children and Tom's mum had got 8. It was unusual for two sets of twins to be born in the same week, never mind on the same day, at this particular hospital. And for both sets to be girls.

Mum and MIL grew close in the hospital and were discharged on the same day. They ended up going to the same health centre to have the babies weighed etc, and just got really close. They lived about 20 miles apart and would meet up once a month. As fate would have it, my dad got a job at the same place Tom's dad worked, and my parents moved to the same town Tom's parents lived in, so then they would see each other almost every day! Neither me or Tom were born when the twins were born, so when we were born (me in January 1990 and Tom 8 months later in September 1990) we grew up together. Our parents always joked that there would be a marriage within the two families - and it just so happened that it was me and Tom who fell in love We were 14 when I started looking at him differently but I didn't tell him until we were 17 - and that's when he told me he felt the same. We have been together ever since - 6 years this year.

We moved in together 4 years ago and were wanting to TTC after our wedding which is in April this year but I guess our baby wanted to be a part of the wedding (I'll be 3 months pregnant)

I am sure you can tell by my writing that I am not a "mommy" but a "mummy" - I'm from England.

Adding a baby to our nest

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search