Look for advice from remarried mamas

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By WorkerBeeMama
  • 1 Post By SierraWinter

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Miss Bliss's Avatar Veteran
So I am looking for a little advice. I have two children from a previous marriage. I am doing everything I can think of to make this first time with my new hubby special, but Im wondering if anyone else has done this already and has any tips for making my 3rd but his first feel just a special for him? Im planning on doing all the classes and again and all that - and making him learn all the basics instead of just taking over once the bean arrives....anymore advice would be super appreciated! I love my husband and he is so excited,I just want him to feel like Im no less excited since Ive done it a few times already....
February 5th, 2013, 12:27 PM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
I am right there with you, although I wasn't married to my son's father and am not married this time either. It is my second, but his first, so I want to make him feel like it is all special and new too. He is planning to go to my appointments with me and I am going to take classes with him. I figure it will be a good refresher for me and good for him to know how things will likely go during labor and birth.

Last night I was at the pharmacy picking up my prescription for Progesterone and the pharmacy was right next to the baby aisle so I bought two pairs of teeny, tiny baby socks to give to him when I got home. He was almost in tears. He put them on his fingers and said he couldn't believe they could be so small. It was nice to see him feeling like it is real.

He knows I have gone through this all already, and we can't do anything about that, but I am so excited to share it all with him, I think it will be a great time. I have already been telling him how much I can't wait to have him feel the baby move, and feel as my uterus rises up out of my pelvis and you can feel that hard little grapefruit down there in your lower belly, etc, etc. He is definitely excited.

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.
February 5th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Miss Bliss's Avatar Veteran
My hubby is too. He has been wanting me to get pregnant for a while, but I wanted to wait until we moved into our new house. LOL.
February 5th, 2013, 01:44 PM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I bought him two father to be books.

We will also take a hospital tour together and a infant/child cpr class together.

I am also going to go to a newborn basics care class with him.

We also plan to have a co-ed baby shower.
MarchMom2007 likes this.

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
February 5th, 2013, 03:05 PM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
Oooh, I like the idea of a co-ed baby shower. I don't know if I will have a shower, as this is my second, but my first will be 6 and a half when this one is born, so I definitely don't have much for baby stuff anymore. All we really need is clothing, but I would still love to get together with friends to celebrate regardless.

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.
February 5th, 2013, 03:35 PM
happywife's Avatar Super Mommy
With our twins, I just made sure that he was aware of every new milestone. He came to every appointment (even the boring routine ones) and I think most importantly we made every decision (even about the nursert decor) together. And while he didnt go to my shower, he did help me register for everything.

Married to my bestfriend Graham and proud mommy to Codi - 15, Kevin - 13, DJ - 11, Mylyn & McKynlee - 3 & Graham Jr. ~born on Earth, living in Heaven ~ May 9, 2012
February 5th, 2013, 08:13 PM
SierraWinter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I like everyone's ideas for incorporating their partner. Even thought its a first for both of us these are good ideas, I might snag a few to make it more real for my hubby.
MarchMom2007 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search