BTDT Moms, I need help

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By drewbears

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2013, 01:49 PM
babygreenes.mommy
It's starting to bother me again that I didn't lose all my pregnancy weight from the 1st pregnancy, and it's upsetting me that I'm pretty much looking at being in the 200's when it's all said and done. I'm praying I won't gain as much this time as I did the first time, but the thing that upsets me more than anything else is, I would go on these health kicks where I was doing well, eating right, exercising more than normal...not a perfect routine but better than nothing, and NOTHING was coming off. Over a period of a couple months. Not only that, but I was actually gaining weight and I don't know how since even though I wasn't perfect at it, I didn't eat so much that I should've been gaining.

At least, I didn't think I was. Now I'm pregnant, and yes this one was planned, but it's killing me because I really wish that I had been able to get my weight off from the 1st time, and I know I can't diet while I'm pregnant. So I'm wondering, if I do get on a healthy eating and workout routine, still getting what I need for the baby, is it possible to still lose weight or at least not gain anymore...or not a lot more? I really don't know how to explain it very well. I gained way more the 1st time than the Drs were saying I was supposed to gain.
February 5th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I'm overweight, and my doctor told me it was alright to "diet" while pregnant. That is eat healthy, whole foods. Make the majority of your plate fruits and vegetables. Don't starve yourself, if you are hungry, eat. Maybe instead of a processed thing like a sandwich, you could have a banana with honey and cinnamon.

If you eat well, lay off anything processed, and you make sure to move around a little everyday, you can safely lose weight while pregnant.

I didn't care my last pregnancy. I gained 2 lbs the last week, and it came off with birth. I was so sick, I would down anything I could. Milkshakes were real easy to get down. lol This time I'm making a lot of frozen smoothies. The cold helps with nausea.
February 5th, 2013, 02:07 PM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
im a very fluffy momma, I was JUST starting to lose weight and was actually considering a gastric bypass.... can't do that now..... Even when I was thin, I didn't worry about weight, I just didn't go on eating binges cuz I was "eating for two"

Here is one way to look at it, pregnancy and babyhood is temporary, you will have lots of time to worry about weight loss afterwards.
joonzgurl likes this.

February 5th, 2013, 02:53 PM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
I did lose all of my baby weight, BUT, I started out overweight and am at the exact same weight that I started at with my last one, so I am overweight now. I actually already weigh 200 pounds, which bums me out beyond belief. Thankfully I am tall, but still 200 pounds is a lot of weight to carry around, plus a baby too. I am hoping to sort of diet while pregnant, as the above poster said. I am not going to try to lose weight, but I am going to try to gain as little as possible.

Hoping the nausea passes quickly so I can eat healthy, well balanced meals for most of the time.

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.
February 5th, 2013, 03:43 PM
happywife's Avatar Super Mommy
I am the exact same as you. When I married my DH, I was a fit 120 (I'm 5'2") Now I am 160. For the life of me, I can't loose weight and frankly I am tired of trying. I am terrified of gaining enormous amounts of weight as well. But I don't know what to do :'(

Married to my bestfriend Graham and proud mommy to Codi - 15, Kevin - 13, DJ - 11, Mylyn & McKynlee - 3 & Graham Jr. ~born on Earth, living in Heaven ~ May 9, 2012
February 5th, 2013, 04:13 PM
Thunderlily's Avatar Living my dream
Absolutely! As long as you're eating healthy there is no problem. I've heard of several stories of moms who actually weighed less after birth than before they got pregnant! I plan on doing that too
February 5th, 2013, 06:24 PM
Veteran
I'm in the same boat with you. Kicking myself for not losing more of the baby weight from the last preganancy but there is nothing I can do about that now but eat healthy and keep myself as active as possible!
February 5th, 2013, 06:35 PM
Fortroseberry's Avatar Veteran
I have to adjust my diet because of my gestational diabetes, and ive already lost 7lbs. Since I am overweight, I'm expected to gain a very small amount. Under 10lbs I think with my last, but I had lost a bunch because of the diet.

February 5th, 2013, 06:44 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
This thread is making me feel better! I'm overweight too and I'm hoping to maintain or lose weight this pregnancy. I think it can be done safely if you do it as the above poster mentioned.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search