Names - What would you do?

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 6th, 2013, 08:39 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
So I have a little OCD... I think things in an order for whatever reason, or just things a certain way.

Right now none of our kids share the same initials (other than the last name initial). And none of them share a birth month. IF we had been TTC we were hoping for a January baby or a May/June baby. Well this surprise will now share a birth month no matter what.

Okay with all that being said. I do not want to use the same first letters again.... so we have a few options. BUT here is the tricky part... all of our boys have first and middle names that are in the bible. I have prided myself on sticking with that, and I love their names. The problem now... given the letters we have to work with... there are not many names I care for... I am thinking of going away from the biblical names now....

what would you do? would you stay with your traditions so to speak, or let this surprise baby be the odd ball?

February 6th, 2013, 08:45 AM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
I think I would try to stick with my traditions as mug as possible, but I'd you don't really like the options, what about a simple, classic first name and a middle name from the bible?

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.
February 6th, 2013, 08:49 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
I personally would just pick one I liked and go with it.. but there are a bunch of names you could choose. Ezra pops out to me for some reason. I have heard it a lot lately. Sounds biblical?
February 6th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm right there with you! I have certain rules with our kids names

Hope for a girl? lol
February 6th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Ezra is biblical, but we have used E.

We have AJ, KC, ND, ME, TP, IH, and SL

The boys are
Andrew Jordan
Noah David
Micah Eli
Thaddeus Philip

February 6th, 2013, 09:00 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
What about Benjamin? I have always liked that one.

Jamie age 37-Single mommy and loving life
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
February 6th, 2013, 09:05 AM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Whew, that is a tough one.

For us, all our girl's middle names ended in -elle, Chloe Michelle, Alexis Brielle, Everleigh Noelle. After we lost Everleigh DH wanted to get away from the -elle names. So we chose Hope for the middle name because that has been the only thing that's gotten us through these last couple months. We also were thinking about honoring Everleigh by having the girl's name start with an E also, so we chose Eden. And that's why I'm really liking Ezekiel for a boy's name too. We'll see if we feel the same when we find out what it is.

All that is to say, just go with what feels right. I think you mentioned that this baby is a total surprise? I would just work off of that

February 6th, 2013, 09:36 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
**** you also mean middle names, too!

PERSONALLYYYYYY, I think you could name him or her whatever you'd like - no one would crack the code!
February 6th, 2013, 10:23 AM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Both my daughters are names after Goddesses - not this one. I say break tradition and choose a name you care for.

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
February 6th, 2013, 01:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm mixed on it.

DS1's and DS2's names both start with 'L' and end in 'n'--we often refer to them as L1 and L2. We tried so hard to come up with a name for DS3 that followed suit, and it just didn't happen. So we decided to go with something else (his name does end in 'n') though. Now I feel like this baby needs to start with 'K' and end in 'n' to follow the pattern and we'll have K1 and K2 also. All 5 of us so far also have 'an' in our name somewhere.

February 6th, 2013, 06:36 PM
Im leaning towards just using what like for boys. Maybe have a list of names to consider and choose from?? Tomorrow I may change my mind

February 6th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Well I grew up with Arwen Danelle. I dislike the Lord of the Rings books it came from, my parents still argue about how to say my middle name... NO ONE spells either correctly! It's mispelt on my driver's license and birth certificate, but correct on my SSC. I go into the DMV, and I answer what my name is to, "A-R-W-E-N.....D-A-N...no...E-L-L-E....RobERTson...." It sucked. I still have old teachers that call me Erin, and one spanish one that settled on Darla.

So we decided normal for our first. Go into the DMV and answer, "Alice Marie." With Winter, we still wanted normal words. Winter Rose. With this one we're like, "Screw it! TIBERIUS! BWAHAHAHAAAAA!" Break with tradition if you like. Just do what makes you happy. You can always try for an adjective in the Bible if you can't find a name, like how they used to call girls Charity, Chastity, Prudence....

Three on Earth and seven in Heaven. Hoping to get knocked up in 2016. Sometimes.

http://arwenart.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search