Spotting

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By WorkerBeeMama
  • 1 Post By KellJoO
  • 2 Post By Thunderlily

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 6th, 2013, 12:34 PM
KellJoO's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know they say some spotting is normal during the first trimester, but I'm looking for some support I guess.

I was seriously JUST thinking......how lucky I am so far that I havent had any spotting or anything major to set me off or make me nervous. I was walking out to my truck to grab a bag of wood pellets, brought them back into the house and went to use the restroom.

Pink in my underwear and a bit when I wiped. Not a lot- but enough to notice.

We DTD yesterday- and it was a bit uncomfortable during some parts of it- so I wonder if that is the culprit?

Should I call my doctor? It makes me nervous- even tho I know they say some spotting is normal. Help
Cautiously Expecting #1

IT'S A GIRL!!!

One Angel in Heaven lost @ 6Weeks 2/7/2013
February 6th, 2013, 12:38 PM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
You just had sex yesterday, you're fine! You shouldn't worry one bit. I had sex on Sunday and had to change the sheets, but unfortunately for me, that is normal. I called my doctor and she said that some spotting is ok. It's better if it's brown. If it's a lot (like, changing your pad hourly or something) or bright red, or accompanied by cramping, then that is cause for concern. Call if you're worried, but I think you are a-ok! And lucky that spotting's not a concern for you. It's like my arch enemy!
February 6th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Fortroseberry's Avatar Veteran
DTD can irritate things, but call if it will make you feel better. Hope you don't have anymore.

February 6th, 2013, 12:42 PM
SierraWinter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DTD can totally cause some spotting. When we first DTD after conception I spotted for two days then it went away. From what I've read its common for some spotting after sex, but the blood is from swollen engorged vessels in the vaginal area, not the uterus. If it stays light I wouldn't worry. If it gets worse, lasts very long, or it puts your mind at ease, call your doctor.
February 6th, 2013, 12:48 PM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wouldn't worry. It is perfectly normal

Maybe wait a little bit before doing the deed again - that way if you do the deed and get spotting you know what is causing it. It is probably just irritation.
KellJoO likes this.

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
February 6th, 2013, 12:51 PM
KellJoO's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you ladies. This helps a ton.

I think its already stopped- it was just a little bit.
SierraWinter likes this.
Cautiously Expecting #1

IT'S A GIRL!!!

One Angel in Heaven lost @ 6Weeks 2/7/2013
February 6th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Thunderlily's Avatar Living my dream
When I'm worried about spotting I take a new test. If the line is strong and dark I stop worrying
MarchMom2007 and soul_donut like this.
February 6th, 2013, 02:23 PM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Most likely it's from sex. Things are super sensitive with the hormones.

February 6th, 2013, 04:34 PM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
I agree with all of the other posters. It most likely is from having sex, but take a test, call your doc, do whatever you need to do to make yourself feel more at ease. Worry will not help, and you are absolutely well within your right to call your doc. Sticky baby vibes going your way!

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search