Saturday Sports

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 9th, 2013, 04:42 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Did you play sports as a kid? What about now?

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

February 9th, 2013, 05:40 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Growing up I did gymnastics, cheerleading, and a little bit of swimming and diving. Right now I am really into running though.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

February 9th, 2013, 05:56 AM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
Growing up I was a sit on my butt band geek. Now that I am older I love to run. In my mid twenties, I did white water kayaking, which was a huge rush, but I hit my head and had to stop. I think I will stick to running.

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.
February 9th, 2013, 06:02 AM
Spero's Avatar Nice to meet you, I'm Kat
I didn't play as a kid, but now I enjoy running. Well, not NOW, but pre-pregnancy If I try to run now it moves my nightly bed time from 8 to 7 or 6:30. So tired!

February 9th, 2013, 06:10 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
Nope. Too uncoordinated.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
February 9th, 2013, 06:13 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I did not do any sports as a child. I was interested in dance, and I loved to swim, but never had those opportunities. There was one time I was interested in joining a children's baseball team, and my parents told me I couldn't. They let my brother join. :|

Three on Earth and seven in Heaven. Hoping to get knocked up in 2016. Sometimes.

http://arwenart.com
February 9th, 2013, 06:14 AM
Miss Bliss's Avatar Veteran
I was far from athletic. Running as an adult helped me lose my baby weight and really changed my life though.
February 9th, 2013, 07:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes...I was always in something. In high school I did volleyball, softball, weightlifting, basketball, and track. I also played softball and volleyball in college.

Now, no Unless you consider chasing my boys around outside a sport! But really I don't have the time. I'd love to be on a softball team or something but between my DH's wacky schedule and the kids' schedules...it's not going to happen.

February 9th, 2013, 07:35 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
I was very athletic - softball and tennis mainly but I gave everything else a good go too. Now I still play tennis just for fun, and I was goinggggg to join a softball league but now I can't. I go to the gym and that's it, mainly.
February 9th, 2013, 07:56 AM
happywife's Avatar Super Mommy
Ive had horses my entire life (up until last summer). I grew up rodeoing... now I don't really do anything, but we love football. We "bleed" orange & blue - GO GATORS!!!

Married to my bestfriend Graham and proud mommy to Codi - 15, Kevin - 13, DJ - 11, Mylyn & McKynlee - 3 & Graham Jr. ~born on Earth, living in Heaven ~ May 9, 2012
February 9th, 2013, 10:01 AM
lindsaylyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
tennis, haven't played much since College. I miss it
February 9th, 2013, 10:14 AM
SierraWinter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love getting outside and being active but no sports. I wasn't athletic at all growing up, though we spent most of our time as kids playing outside and riding horses. Other than a kids rodeo called "Play Days" we didn't do typical sports. My husband is the polar opposite and was a total jock, frequently on the cover of his small town paper. He even had a soccer scholarship to college and still plays soccer. He's made it clear if we have kids he really wants them involved in sports since it was so important in his family growing up.... that's going to be up to him since I don't know a lot about sports. Our family visits during Thanksgiving, his family is glued to the TV with his dad screaming
I've seen fathers playing soccer with their little boys at reggae festivals and I would have to say, it looked pretty sweet.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search