Morning Sickness with ALL pregnancies ???

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 10th, 2013, 08:38 AM
Regular
I'm pregnant with our 3rd baby. And I'm just shy of 6 weeks with occasional fleeing nausea, feels like I'm a little seasick sometimes, but it always goes away SO far...

I'm PRAYING HARD TO GOD please PLEASE spare me the all day nausea that keeps me in bed, immobilized and unable to eat, handles scents, I can't shop, hardly drive, no grocery stores.. you name it, it basically keeps me captive until 14 weeks or so. I eat a lot of dry cereal and suck on lemon drops.

Anyone here had all day nausea or bad nausea with some pregnancies but not ALL ? I've heard some people say before they've had it with one baby but not both.

Praying I don't get it so severe this time.
February 10th, 2013, 08:46 AM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
I was pretty nauseous last week for a couple of days, but only after lunch, but now feel pretty much fine. There are a bunch of foods that I can't even bear to think about, but I physically feel just fine. It could all change at a moment's notice, but with my son I got sick pretty much the day I found out I was pregnant and had a two week puke fest. Granted it only lasted two weeks, but I honestly felt like I had the flu for those two weeks. I could barely work, I couldn't eat anything, I couldn't drive/ride anywhere. It was horrid. Hoping that this is as bad as it gets this time and not like last.

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.
February 10th, 2013, 08:56 AM
OrangeHope's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh boy, When I hit the 6 weeks mark with Alex I could barely get out of bed I was SO sick! like you, it wasn't just morning sickness, it was ALL DAY SICKNESS...At one point it was so bad even drinking water made me sick, so I had to go to the clinic to get an IV.

I really pray this time it's not as bad since Alex needs to be taken care of too. I'm trying to drink as much water as possible since I know it can help keep m/s more at bay and eating as healthy as possible.

February 10th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had that with my first two.
I can't imagine going through it now with two other kids to take care of, and all the activities I have to take them to. Eek.

Good luck to us both!
February 10th, 2013, 09:02 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I've heard more ladies with several children complain about 1 bad pregnancy instead of 1 good. It kind of worries me because I had 2 horrible pregnancies, and so far this one isn't too bad. I have acid reflux all day long. As long as I take medicine for it, I feel pretty OK.

I called a nurse, and she has heard about women like me. Sometimes you just get a pregnancy that isn't bad. I hope it stays this way. My last was bad enough that they did emergency surgery to try and stop the vomiting. I don't have many other useless organs to spare.
February 10th, 2013, 09:21 AM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
With my first pregnancy, I had horrible MS and with my second one, I had bad MS. Now with this one, I have nothing, absolutely nothing! (Knock on wood!!!)
Spyctre likes this.
February 10th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
DS1-didn't have morning sickness at all. My mom joked that she wouldn't have believed I was pregnant if she wasn't there for the ultrasound!

DS2-a few days here and there, but nothing horrible.

DS3-Oh my, it was AWFUL! All day sickness almost the whole pregnancy. I lost so much weight, it was bad.

#4--so far this time I've managed to steer clear, hoping that continues!
2 angel babies 2/2013 and 8/2013

February 10th, 2013, 11:44 AM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
It's too early for me to comment on this one since the nausea usually starts for me around 6w. All 3 of my previous pregnancies were mild. #3 was the easiest with some very mild nausea that only lasted from 6-9w. Praying this one is mild also since it'll probably be our last.

Stacey, wife to Allan & Mom to:
~Anastasia (14) C/S, 8lbs 7oz, 20.5"~
Noah (11) C/S, 8lbs 12oz, 19"~
Oliver (5) VBA2C, 7lbs 3oz, 19.5" ~ Grayson (10/16/13) 2VBA2C, 9lbs 12oz, 22"
born sleeping at 39w pg; Protein C def, FVL, PAI-1 , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14) 2.5oz, 6" Lost at 16w

February 10th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
All bad my only hope is that I had my gallbladder out after my youngest so Im hoping maybe that might effect the severity of m/s?
February 10th, 2013, 01:16 PM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allisonjuly View Post
All bad my only hope is that I had my gallbladder out after my youngest so Im hoping maybe that might effect the severity of m/s?
I find that very interesting since this pregnancy is completely different than my other two (horrible MS each time) and since then I have also had my gallbladder taken out!
Allisonjuly likes this.
February 10th, 2013, 01:24 PM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
I don't wanna scare you, and of course every pregnancy is different, but with each of my pregnancies the morning/all day sickness gets worse and worse.

I don't have the option of stopping, I still have to get kids to and from school and to and from practice. I literally keep a cup in the van and end up puking while im driving.

Its great for weight loss.

February 10th, 2013, 01:35 PM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had pretty bad m/s with my first - bad enough that I ended up losing weight during the first half of my pregnancy. With the second, I was sick enough that I just didn't gain much weight. This one is different - I am nauseous sometimes, but don't vomit. I'm eating a lot, and have probably gained a few pounds.

I have to confess that I'd prefer to be a little sicker because at least I would *feel* more pregnant. On days where I have virtually no symptoms, I find myself poking my boobs just to make sure they're still sensitive! lol
February 10th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
I get Hyperemesis Gravidarum with all my babies from conception to delivery and have to be put on many meds or I end up hospitalized but mine is a medical condition so not all women get it every time
I hope this pregnancy is easy on you!!!!
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 11mo 10/10/13

February 10th, 2013, 05:10 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2princesses View Post
I find that very interesting since this pregnancy is completely different than my other two (horrible MS each time) and since then I have also had my gallbladder taken out!
Same here, gallbladder out! I had hyperemisis gravidarum to the point the took that sucker out during my last pregnancy. I was 12 weeks. I was still really sick till 35ish weeks, but this time it seems like the m/s isn't here. I do have some medium-bad acid reflux which I normally don't have. That appeared at 9 DPO, before I realized I was pregnant.

My first was bad, my second was the stuff of nightmares. M/S had kicked in at 8 DPO last time.

My sister has HG as well. It's hereditary. She never got her gallbladder removed.

1st child: really really bad

2nd child: better than the first, but bad

3rd child: just really bad
Allisonjuly likes this.
February 10th, 2013, 07:04 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
Hmmm I wonder if the gallbladder makes a big difference I almost died with my second(lost 60lbs, in hospital for 5mo)but after my third I had my gallbladder removed and my fourth was way better

#1) Very sick until 28wks, on meds
#2) Almost died, vomit non stop whole pregnancy, in hospital on IV meds for 5mo
#3)Very sick on meds whole pregnancy a few hospital trips
#4) Much better, on meds whole pregnancy only vomit 3 times a day until delivery no hospital trips
#5) So far feeling pretty crappy but I will get my meds on Monday so we will see
Spyctre likes this.
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 11mo 10/10/13

February 10th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I had 9 visits for fluids my last pregnancy. Sucks! A week in the hospital.

During my first pregnancy, I was told my gallbladder went bad. Being pregnant killed my gallbladder. =P I didn't start to get sick till 10 weeks with her, and then it was rough for the majority of the rest.

I started out my second pregnancy with a bad gallbladder, and it was horrific. I was so sick. They removed it at 12 weeks, and I was still sick. I know that some of the medicines didn't agree with me, though. I was allergic to Zofran and Zantac. They also mixed Reglan and Phenergan in me which is a big no-no. I stopped vomiting once I got off the Zantac, but didn't feel better till I found an acid reflux med that worked with me. I still used the Phenergan suppositories a bit.

Wait, I was also put on hydrocodone for my nausea. Took almost everything away. It also made me throw up, but no nausea. Just a sudden upchuck urge.
February 11th, 2013, 05:09 AM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lurking - I've suffered from morning sickness with all 6 of my pregnancies ranging from full blown hypermesis, down to extreme all day nausea but only moderate vomiting. Really hoping that this pregnancy the ms is better for you.

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3

Evelyn Isobel is here! Born - 2nd November 2013
February 11th, 2013, 05:13 AM
karmaissotrue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to karmaissotrue Send a message via Yahoo to karmaissotrue
So far nothing & I didn't get MS with DS. I hope the MS stays away, I hate throwing up

THANKS SO MUCH KILIKI FOR THE WONDERFUL SIGGY
February 11th, 2013, 05:34 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I had it pretty bad with the other 3 pregnancies, but nothing so far with this one. I hope it stays that way with me. I discovered what my ms trigger foods were last pregnancy, so I am steering clear of them this time.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
February 11th, 2013, 06:29 AM
BostonmamaSue12's Avatar Veteran
I had HG with my first 2 pregnancies and here I go again, the MS has kicked in full force. It is horrible and I just called to get some zofran. I do know that pregnancies are different and there is hope it will be better. Hang in there!

Expecting #3 on September 30th! ITS A BOY!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search