Gallbladder and Pregnancy

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Spyctre
  • 1 Post By sweety_pie
  • 1 Post By kaylacaroline

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 11th, 2013, 12:35 PM
Regular
Interesting topic that came up on the nausea M/S thread. Many of you started talking about your gallbladder and the correlation between that and your vomiting, all day nausea. I too have suspected that I have a gallbladder issue from my prior 4 pregnancies. I think it's gone bad.

All of you who've had your GB ruined from pregnancy what did it feel like to you on a daily basis? Mine GB gets tender right before my period, and I'd get some mild nausea, and I think if I ate too much bad food it would get tender too, or a cold or something. The tenderness underneath, or in my back and between my shoulder blades - out.

How about you ladies ?
February 11th, 2013, 12:53 PM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had a galbladder problem last year. It had to be removed along with lots of stones.
It was unbelievable, double-over, I couldn't breathe, worse-than-anything-I've-ever-felt-even-labor-without-drugs pain.
I couldn't breathe, I couldn't stand, I couldn't lay down. It felt like someone was reaching in and grabbing a piece of my chest and squeezing and would not let go.
And I'm serious. I would do another labor without drugs (even with no baby!) before I would handle an infected galbladder with stones again. 10 times even maybe.

People feel the pain in different areas, mine was right behind my ribs, on the right side-ish of my chest.
Mine didn't get worse with BAD foods, it got horrible when i had TOO MUCH food.
But for lots of people, the signs are different.

They checked for mine by ultrasound. Maybe you could talk your ultrasound tech into waiving the wand a bit higher!! lol

I would def ask your dr. It's worth knowing and easy to test for!

PS. Is it my imagination or are you also on my board on preg.org?

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26
February 11th, 2013, 12:56 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
I got almost the same feeling as you intense pain with intense nausea I had(and still do got it removed in 2011)to watch what I eat or my attacks were worse and more often, I got the most pain at the bottom of my breast bone right where the ribs seperate!
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 10mo 10/10/13

February 11th, 2013, 12:58 PM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
I had my gallbladder taken out about 2 1/2 years ago. Honestly, with my two pregnancies I didn't know that my gallbladder had issues. I would only get the bad pains about twice a year since it turns out the only thing that triggered my gallstones was if I ate fried foods. Well, I rarely eat fried foods so only a couple of times a year. This is the reason being for it taking more than ten years to find out that it was my gallbladder. So for those reasons I never gave my MS with my two pregnancies much thought. Yes, I had horrific MS both times, but I just thought it was my bad luck getting it that bad. Now that I am pregnant again, for the first time after having my gallbladder removed, I don't feel sick at all. I didn't even give it much thought, to be honest, until I read a few of the comments from other ladies about their horrible MS in relation to their gallbladder issues. Makes me wonder!?

In regards to the pain, my pain was very different than most people with gallbladder issues. My pain was mainly right inbetween my boobs and if it got bad enough, it would travel to my back. Towards the end, the best way I could explain it, was it felt like I was in labour without the need to push...ironic isn't it? LOL

I am curious to see what others have to see on this subject!
February 11th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree with it being worse than labor pains. Mine radiated from front around to my back. i could never pick one spot. i also couldnt sit still. i would go from pacing to being curled up in a ball.

My attacks only happened after each baby was born. When my youngest was a couple months old I had an attack while on vacation. It got so bad I went to the ER and they did emergency surgery. My liver was so bad they asked if I was an alcoholic! One of the stones was down near my pancreas and they said it could have killed me.
February 11th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Mine felt like a band of pain around my entire body. I remember telling my husband right after I had pushed out DD2, naturally w/o pain meds, that natural childbirth was no where near as bad as a gallbladder attack. I would sometimes get shoulder pain, sometimes between my shoulder blades. It would normally be tender on the right side, and I had a lot of nausea with it.

Being pregnant with it was horrible.
smsturner likes this.
February 11th, 2013, 02:28 PM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had my gall bladder removed almost 4 years ago now I think, I had gall stones! I agree that a gall bladder attack is worse then labour 100%!!! I've been pretty well perfect since it was removed!
smsturner likes this.

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

February 11th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had my gallbladder removed before I was pregnant with #3 and that pregnancy by FAR was the worst for all day sickness, which lasted almost the entire pregnancy.
2 angel babies 2/2013 and 8/2013

February 11th, 2013, 05:29 PM
Miss Bliss's Avatar Veteran
I have gallbladder disease but a type that has yet to require surgery. I don't get stones or attacks per say, but I do experience more chronic symptoms as a result of the organ not functioning right. I have to take anti spasmatic medication daily. However it didnt seem to affect my previous pregnancies. I'm not sure what will happen with this one because it wasnt diagnosed until after my last one. By the way I say this all sitting in the bathroom feeling pretty awful .... Not sure what the cause lol
February 11th, 2013, 06:26 PM
kaylacaroline's Avatar Veteran
Popping in from the September DDC.

At the moment and basically since the day I conceived, I have had gallbladder attacks. It is downright the WORST pain I have ever been in. Right now I'm waiting for my second trimester to have this **** thing removed. It sounds like yours may just be sluggish or have a few little stones. You will know when it gets bad. Like these other ladies have stated, worst pain ever. And there is very little you can do to relieve it.
smsturner likes this.
February 12th, 2013, 08:54 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
I had gallbladder issues with my first pregnancy, but it didn't effect M/S. I was in serious pain on my side.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search