Help!! M/S and Hyper Smell

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ILoveStorm2011

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 12th, 2013, 10:32 AM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
So I've been throwing up quite a bit more and I think it has to do with the smell of cat pee/litter in my apartment. We just got our little boy neutered but I can smell it as soon as I hit the bedroom (litterbox is in bathroom)! We live in a one bedroom and I don't even want to use the bathroom for fear of throwing up anymore.
I know it's probably not just that that's making me all icky...but does anyone know any help? I can barely keep anything down and I'm starving.
February 12th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Regular
Run to walgreens and get a bag of Brachs lemon drops, I suck on them if I get a wave of nausea.. so far I haven't had it bad yet thank GOD I usually get it so bad.
Also, I would keep a box of cereal next to me and munch on a few at a time to keep the m/s at bay
good luck, it's the worst
February 12th, 2013, 10:38 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I am so sorry. I had hyperemesis with my first baby. Have you tried seabands or PsiBands? Ginger? What litter do you use? It might be good for you to put baking soda in the litter to try and keep the smell down. Have your SO clean out the litter box every day and keep the icky stuff out of the house.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

February 12th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
This is funny because this morning I walked into the kitchen and could smell cat pee from the box in the laundry room. That has never happened before!
February 12th, 2013, 10:44 AM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
Yeah my hubby can't smell it at all.

I think I've tried everything but the baking soda might help a little bit.
soul_donut likes this.
February 12th, 2013, 01:16 PM
Leah
Coffee grounds soak some odor, but I'm not sure about cat pee.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
February 12th, 2013, 02:28 PM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
Baking soda for sure, and maybe change up your litter. Some smells better. I think the best combo is a clumping litter + a clay litter - that way the pee goes away almost entirely, and the clay litter smells better and takes care of the ammonia scent a little better. Then sprinkle some extra baking soda on top of the whole thing.

Have your SO do all of it! You're not supposed to be near cat poo, just like you have to really, really wash veggies that come from the garden.
February 13th, 2013, 09:11 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
I have tried it all, if you can pin point the trigger, remove the trigger? no more kitty and litter box?

My sense of smell is so crazy sensitive when im pregnant, I hate it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search