Hello! How is everyone handling working?

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By geogeek
  • 1 Post By QL1516
  • 1 Post By BostonmamaSue12
  • 1 Post By AshleeH

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 12th, 2013, 10:57 AM
rebel86's Avatar Regular
HI there! I'm new to October due dates. I was originally in Sept, but I guess I'm earlier than I thought!
So my question is:

If you work full time, how are you all dealing with being extremely tired, nauseated, peeing constantly, and being COMPLETELY distracted?

Are you still going full time or are you taking time off and/ or working shorter days?
February 12th, 2013, 11:01 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
With my first baby I was working as a middle school teacher. It SUCKED!!! On my prep, I napped. I admit it. I also had lots of caffeine...bad I know. I had to take zofran to keep the vomiting at bay. I always had snacks with me too.
rebel86 likes this.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

February 12th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Leah
I'm faking it. Which sucks because I'm so slammed. I'm finding it harder to get in that zone I used to be able to jam out work in. I wanna nap every day. I'm afraid they'll notice less junk food and Monster being swapped for OJ. It's so crazy here that I don't want to tell them and further freak them out.

I'm trying to take a few moments every hour, hour and a half to just look away from work, reset my brain whenever I lose my concentration. Fortunately I'm in my own little nook where no one can see if I'm looking like I'm nodding off.
rebel86 likes this.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
February 12th, 2013, 11:28 AM
BostonmamaSue12's Avatar Veteran
it is very hard. I work from home THANK GOD or I dont think I could do it again. I do have to attend client meetings next week and that should be fun! kidding! It aint easy but atleast it is a distraction.
rebel86 likes this.

Expecting #3 on September 30th! ITS A BOY!!

February 12th, 2013, 11:48 AM
AshleeH's Avatar Veteran
I work at the airport here, and trying to slow down (altho its a fast paced job!) Im constantly in the washroom, drinking more water bc im so dehydrated, get tired really fast, and just trying to keep the nausea at bay is hard!!! I plan to stay as long as I can at work (crazy I know) but with an upcoming promotion and lack of employees, makes it hard to slow down right now. Im trying, and eventually once I let everyone know, until then I suck it up and take it as it comes, when im past the 3 month mark, ill tell people then maybe ill get some slack
rebel86 likes this.

Make a pregnancy ticker
February 12th, 2013, 11:58 AM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I called in sick yesterday and was late today - so not really dealing that great with it. I wish I could work half days or just 2-3 days a week. I will be fine after the first trimester, but this nausea is not fun. it's been so long since I had it that I forgot how awful it makes me feel. Oh and my house is such a mess! SH called me this morning to say two things a) he apologized for not taking better care of the house while I have been sick and b) to get the number for the cleaning lady.

So hopefully the house will get clean again soon. Laundry is the hardest part - my kids haven't had socks for two days, lol! My oldest had to borrow some from me! Guess what I'll be doing tonight!

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
February 12th, 2013, 01:18 PM
rebel86's Avatar Regular
Gah you are all so tough! I guess I've been lucky, my boss has been GREAT about working with me on giving me time off and letting me leave early if I am not feeling well. But my poor paycheck isn't looking so hot! Now I feel like a wimp! lol. And HAHA @ Workerbeemama on your socks issue. My poor SO hasn't had clean laundry for about a week! So that is something on my list of to-do's all at once as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttcash View Post
I work at the airport here, and trying to slow down (altho its a fast paced job!) Im constantly in the washroom, drinking more water bc im so dehydrated, get tired really fast, and just trying to keep the nausea at bay is hard!!! I plan to stay as long as I can at work (crazy I know) but with an upcoming promotion and lack of employees, makes it hard to slow down right now. Im trying, and eventually once I let everyone know, until then I suck it up and take it as it comes, when im past the 3 month mark, ill tell people then maybe ill get some slack
Congrats on the upcoming promo!! Thats awesome!! Wish I had your motivation right now lol.
February 12th, 2013, 02:58 PM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
I have been looking for a job and it seems like now's not the best time to suddenly be working full time, huh!? I was thinking that I might just get a retail job part time but it feels like a step backward, after getting my BA and having professional jobs. It's just such a weird time right now. I want to start my own business, but I honestly think I need more structure than that. Any entrepreneurial mamas out there, message me with advice!
February 12th, 2013, 03:06 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
They just put me down to part time but with online school and all of this nausea (threw up in a public restroom = I feel horrible!) and my Dh deploying soon I'll probably just quit. My manager tried being a little jerky over a text when I was telling him I'll need possibly two week off a month from now (He's know for 6-9 months I'd be busy around this time) so I think I'm just going to have to leave soon
February 12th, 2013, 03:14 PM
rebel86's Avatar Regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveStorm2011 View Post
They just put me down to part time but with online school and all of this nausea (threw up in a public restroom = I feel horrible!) and my Dh deploying soon I'll probably just quit. My manager tried being a little jerky over a text when I was telling him I'll need possibly two week off a month from now (He's know for 6-9 months I'd be busy around this time) so I think I'm just going to have to leave soon
Well that is a bummer he is acting that way! But it sounds like less stress to just let it go. I think I will be doing the same thing if all goes well by April.
February 12th, 2013, 04:55 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't really have any way I deal with it, I just do. I'm not really working, I am student teaching so I just keep telling myself that in 13 more weeks I'll be a college graduate lol.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

February 12th, 2013, 06:15 PM
Spero's Avatar Nice to meet you, I'm Kat
I'm trying hard and seem to be keeping it together at work but as soon as I get home, I'm useless. The house is chaos...

Today was the first day I really felt like I was going to throw up at work. I think I found a solution though...protein, like from meat. If I eat meat, my nausea goes away...last week it was milk, this week meat, so weird.

I'm planning to tell my supervisor after my first appt...1. so she'll know that she didn't just give me a promotion so I could slack off, and 2. so I can have some extra time to visit daycares and get on waiting lists. There is like a year wait here, eek.

Our office is super baby/mommy friendly with about 90% women, so I'm not worried about any fall out after I tell. I just don't want people to think I'm slacking off....

February 12th, 2013, 06:22 PM
MrsHoot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just doing it as well... I'm a first grade teacher and I will admit I have not been very patient lately. :/ I'm tired, a little distracted, and the love of my life is no longer teaching...but Sawyer. Teaching pays better though... Might be able to work part time next year, fingers crossed!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search