First time pregnant mamas- how is your SO reacting??

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree36Likes
  • 2 Post By rebel86
  • 4 Post By Wanta.number2
  • 2 Post By jennyrae03
  • 1 Post By soul_donut
  • 3 Post By Wanta.number2
  • 4 Post By smsturner
  • 4 Post By MarchMom2007
  • 3 Post By QL1516
  • 2 Post By Spero
  • 1 Post By ILoveStorm2011
  • 2 Post By The Purple Butterfly
  • 2 Post By Stay_Gold
  • 1 Post By HollyDogsMamma
  • 1 Post By islandbaby
  • 1 Post By Dolly Lama
  • 1 Post By FishermansWife4
  • 1 Post By drewbears
  • 1 Post By CountryMedic911

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 12th, 2013, 02:39 PM
rebel86's Avatar Regular
Just wondering how they are acting- excited, scared, or not really anything? Mine hasn't seemed like he is too excited about it just yet... meaning all the talking pretty much comes from me. I guess he's prob waiting to see the little bugger on the ultrasound so he can feel like it's real.

BUT I did catch him in the baby section at the thrift store yesterday looking at little baby boy plaid shirts. SWOON!
MarchMom2007 and soul_donut like this.
February 12th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Wanta.number2's Avatar Hi, I'm Tiffani!
Honestly, though I'm not a first time mom, men are very "visual" creatures. LOL I think that for some men it takes time for them to gain a sense of reality, like until they see an u/s or you starting to get bigger.
February 12th, 2013, 02:50 PM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
At first mine was like "high five, we made a baby!" And then today it's just back to normal...I think you're right, they have to see something before they get to jazzed up about it lol
Dolly Lama and rebel86 like this.
February 12th, 2013, 02:51 PM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
Plaid pants! Cute

I have been trying to get my DH more involved by sending him information and purchasing a day to day calendar of what's going on. I think he on some level thinks that me feeling moody or tired is not real or a real symptom.. sigh. That's why I am insisting he be there for the ultrasound so he can understand and feel a part of everything. Overall though, I think he's starting to mentally prepare himself and get excited to be a daddy.
rebel86 likes this.
February 12th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Wanta.number2's Avatar Hi, I'm Tiffani!
DH is really excited but I think its only because he's BTDT. First time around, I walked in all excited, showed him a test, said"I'm pregnant", he looked at the test, and said "Wow, guess we're having a baby." and when back to watching tv. lol
February 12th, 2013, 03:09 PM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This isn't MY first, but it is my hubby's first. We have tried for so long, I think he's still in shock we actually did it. It was really cute when I first told him about the positive stick he kept just quietly saying 'i'm going to be a daddy? i'm going to be a daddy.' It was freaking adorable!
He wants to go to the appts with me, which is really cute too

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26
February 12th, 2013, 03:10 PM
rebel86's Avatar Regular
HAHA @Wanta.number2!! Well, men will be men I guess! My SO has actually been through this before as well, but unfortunately he lost his little girl when she was 2 due to a heart complication . So I guess I can understand the guarded excitement in his case.
The 26th is our u/s appt so I am really hoping everything is going well in there!
February 12th, 2013, 03:18 PM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
I am also not a first time mama, but my SO is. He keeps coming up behind me and putting his arms around me and his hands on my belly. He will say things like "you two have a great day today!". He is totally fascinated by pics of gestational development too. It is downright adorable.

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.
February 12th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Leah
Mine has BTDT. He's happy, but sometimes he'll be all knowledgeable guy. Obviously I knew this was his third rodeo so on one hand it doesn't bother me, on the other I don't want to be compared to his ex. He's very attentive and wants to go to the appointments, though I wish there was more fire-under-the-butt sometimes. Though that's with or without pregnancy.
smsturner, Dolly Lama and rebel86 like this.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
February 12th, 2013, 06:18 PM
Spero's Avatar Nice to meet you, I'm Kat
He and I are both in shock still. Even though I have all these symptoms, it still doesn't seem real to me. He hasn't really seen any changes except for me being tired ALL the darn time. I really hope it starts to feel more real soon!
smsturner and rebel86 like this.

February 12th, 2013, 07:11 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
He's so confident! He just knows the baby's doing well even though I freak out all the time. I think the other day me being so sick and not helping around the house started to irritate him, but we talked and he's fully on board after we figured out he was stressed about work.
rebel86 likes this.
February 12th, 2013, 07:36 PM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
Mine was very cautious at first. I think he was afraid to be excited since we had such a hard time conceiving this one and in the past. By the end of the day, he was talking about boy names (he wants another boy).
Oliver (5) VBA2C, 7lbs 3oz, 19.5"
Grayson (10/16/13)2VBA2C, 9lbs 12oz, 22"
born sleeping at 39w pg; Protein C def, FVL, PAI-1 , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14) 2.5oz, 6" Lost at 16w

EDD May 12th with identical twins!!!

February 12th, 2013, 07:45 PM
My SO is so excited! He wants to come to every single appointment and has already decided that we need to have another baby after this so the first isn't an only child lol.
Such an amazing reaction for an oopsy pregnancy
February 12th, 2013, 10:17 PM
Veteran
I think mine is a little freaked out, but generally really exicted! He is playing along very nicely calling the baby "Smudgey" and saying goodnight to us both!
I think it will feel more real for him once he sees it! Cant wait!!!
rebel86 likes this.
February 13th, 2013, 07:39 AM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
I am not a first time mom (my husband and I have two girls together already), but some of these responses made me laugh. When I found out I was pregnant with my second daughter, I woke him up very early one morning. We had been TTC, so it din't come as a surprise. He smiled and went back to sleep!!! Hahaha All three times, I told him, he always acknowleged it sweetly and then went on with his day like nothing happened, lol. I guess that's men for you!
rebel86 likes this.
February 13th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
All three times, I told him, he always acknowleged it sweetly and then went on with his day like nothing happened, lol. I guess that's men for you!
Agreed! I'm not a first time mom either, but this time when I told DH I was pregnant, he grinned, gave me a peck on the lips, then promptly resumed his conversation on the phone.
rebel86 likes this.
February 13th, 2013, 08:05 AM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not a first time mom but these reactions made me giggle. Soundss like we all have pretty awesome DHs/SOs/DFs/DPs. I bet it'll be more real for us all (SOs especially) when we can finally see our little precious bundle of life growing inside us or when we can actually feel movement on the outside.
rebel86 likes this.

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
February 13th, 2013, 09:23 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
this isn't our first baby, but my DH seems to almost forget or not really say much about me being preggo. He didn't really with the others either though.
rebel86 likes this.

February 13th, 2013, 09:34 AM
CountryMedic911's Avatar Kerana mama to be in 2013
He's excited but makes fun of me sometimes for crying and throwing up stuff like that
rebel86 likes this.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for the awesome siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search