Who've ya told ?

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Regular
I'm just shy of 6 weeks, and we have not told anyone yet (just me & dh)

I SO want to tell !!!!

Make a pregnancy ticker

Last edited by Springpeonies; February 13th, 2013 at 11:16 AM.
February 13th, 2013, 10:40 AM
OrangeHope's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're keeping this a secret for a while so the only once who know are DH, my best friend and her husband and SIL.

February 13th, 2013, 10:42 AM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
I'm almost 8 weeks along and I've only told my best friend and my aunt (who both live far away). Just yesterday I told my co-worker/friend who is also pregnant and I knew she would be one of the few to just be purely happy for us without judgement and questions. I'm sad to say I am not looking forward to telling my husband's family. I am actually dreading it, lol. I'm pretty sure the rest of the world will be happy for us, but unfortunately we'll have to tell family first!
February 13th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Just finally told dh last night! I was trying to wait til tomorrow but I couldn't hide the sickness from him anymore.
February 13th, 2013, 11:01 AM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We told immediate family members; parents and siblings. And then just a handful of friends. We are kinda just waiting to tell people when we see them face to face rather than rushing it and telling via facebook.

February 13th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Leah
I've told my BF, siblings and mom. He's told two of our friends. We're waiting to tell everyone else.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
February 13th, 2013, 11:16 AM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
Told all my coworkers and family...and them the MIL posted on FB so I guess everyone knows! Everyone is just so excited to be grandparents! We figured that if something did go wrong everyone would figure it out anyways since his family is pretty big and close knit.
February 13th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH, my mom, my sister and two girl friends who gave me doctor recs yesterday.
I'd like to wait 3 more weeks until my first apt and U/S to tell the masses. We'll see if DH and I can be good secret keepers.
February 13th, 2013, 11:20 AM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
I've told many of my closest friends.

February 13th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Thunderlily's Avatar Living my dream
We're 6 weeks today and haven't told anybody yet. We really prefer waiting till 10 weeks-ish before sharing with family.
If I have do a loss before that I prefer to keep it private anyhow.

That said, I'm really anxious to tell somebody, though! The suspense is so difficult!
February 13th, 2013, 01:17 PM
StephanieMitchell's Avatar Super Mommy
We have told more people than we probably should have! Lol. I told my boss and one close friend, DH told 2 close friends, his boss and a coworker, and we told his mom and her husband lastnight. Were just so excited! So far everyone has been very happy for us. We will be telling the rest of our families after my doctors appointment this week, and well make it Facebook official at around 12 weeks.

We were going to have a baby, but we had an angel instead
Feb. 2013 at 8wks
February 13th, 2013, 02:15 PM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
Two very close friends so far, and my DH has told his old boss (well, he didn't try to, but the man took one look at him and just put his finger out and said "She's pregnant, isn't she?" - weird huh?!). He is itching to tell his folks.
jennyrae03 likes this.
February 13th, 2013, 03:17 PM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
my closest friend and my sushi ladies. They all figured it out cuz I didn't order a martini at dinner LOL

February 13th, 2013, 06:27 PM
fancypants27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We've shared the news with our families only. My mom has told all her friends though.... Will wait until my 1st ultrasound to share the news on fb though.

February 13th, 2013, 06:47 PM
Proud mommy!
No one yet. We are waiting until at least the first ultrasound to tell anyone.

February 13th, 2013, 07:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We've told everyone. We told family on the phone (we don't live close enough to do it in person and won't be seeing them anytime soon). I had told a few friends and then DH said he was going to have to tell some people at work to get the morning off for my ultrasound next week so we decided to go ahead and spill it on FB, etc.

I was concerned how some people would take it but so far we've only gotten positive reactions, which is a huge relief (or if they're negative about it it's been behind our backs and hasn't come back around to us!).

February 13th, 2013, 11:45 PM
Veteran
Everyone I'm way to sick to hide it no one is really happy except my mom the kids and bil/sil I hope that once the baby is here people with come around

February 14th, 2013, 01:59 AM
Spero's Avatar Nice to meet you, I'm Kat
We've told 4 people. A couple friend we have, one of my coworkers who was need to know b/c we went on a road trip together, and DH's best friend guessed.

Originally we were going to wait until Easter to tell family and then tell everyone after that. We changed our mind and decided to make a double road trip weekend next Friday after my first appt and u/s. I will be relieved to tell our family b/c I'm so paranoid that somehow they will find out from someone else and be heartbroken that they didn't hear it from me.

Work and other friends will find out on a need to know basis and then we'll go public after the second appt. I'll probably put something very vague on Facebook on April Fool's. I'm thinking a picture of a bun in the oven.

February 14th, 2013, 04:52 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No one, just one close friend. Waiting until 12-14 weeks.

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search