OT: can you block certain posters or their signatures?

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree79Likes

Closed Topic Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 14th, 2013, 03:18 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
If you find certain people offensive can you block them so you cannot see their posts or replies? If not can you some how block from seeing their signatures if you find them offensive or disturbing?
Springpeonies likes this.

February 14th, 2013, 03:26 AM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
I don't know if it's the same thing or not, but when you click on their user name and go to 'view public profile' then once you get to their profile, at the top in little writing you'll see (under their username) 'Send message' and 'user lists'. Click on 'user lists' and then you can click on 'add to ignore list'

Try that and see if it works! Hopefully that helps
February 14th, 2013, 05:29 AM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
Yup, I just did what the above poster recommended and successfully blocked a user. There was a siggie that I just couldn't handle seeing and posts that I just didn't want to read any more. The posts don't even show up in the threads anymore. If that user likes a post, that shows, but the posts themselves and siggie are completely gone.

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.
February 14th, 2013, 05:31 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was going to say the same thing. Ignoring a user I think is the same thing as blocking them. I think they can still see your posts but you do not have to see theirs.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

February 14th, 2013, 05:47 AM
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Thanks ladies!

February 14th, 2013, 06:23 AM
Wanta.number2's Avatar Hi, I'm Tiffani!
Thank you, was looking to find out the same!
February 14th, 2013, 06:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good to know, thanks for bringing this up!

Miss Kerrigan Grace will be arriving in September 2014!

February 14th, 2013, 06:30 AM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
I just hope I didn't help you to block me? Hey, I know my signature is long, but come on...I'm just so darn excited about this baby
February 14th, 2013, 06:43 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}

Forever missing my Mom...

Last edited by sweety_pie; February 14th, 2013 at 12:31 PM.
February 14th, 2013, 06:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
You guys are not blocking me right? Now I am curious and looking at all the posts and siggies
Dolly Lama and islandbaby like this.

February 14th, 2013, 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2princesses View Post
I just hope I didn't help you to block me? Hey, I know my signature is long, but come on...I'm just so darn excited about this baby

LOL!!!!!

Hopefully I didn't help everyone block me either, I know there are a lot of kids in it and sometimes its hard to keep count! HA HA

February 14th, 2013, 07:09 AM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitha View Post
You guys are not blocking me right? Now I am curious and looking at all the posts and siggies
Oh, I wish we had our private room set up....

February 14th, 2013, 07:10 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think we all just got immediately paranoid here! It was probably me...*sniffle*
QL1516 likes this.
February 14th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I was talking about this very subject last night. There are several women in Just Mommies this pertains to for me. They seem like very sweet ladies, but all of them had stillborn children. It breaks my heart that it happened to them, but they did something I really disliked. They posted a picture of that child in their signature. So every time I read their reply or go through topics, I get to look at a dead baby.

I hate it. It makes me cry every time. I don't want to see a dead child when I'm not pregnant and to see it when I am is terrifying. I know these women are just working through their grief, but I feel it's very inappropriate. I can choose to not see anyone's signatures, or I can chose to completely ignore the women.

I really like signatures. Most women put their real names so I don't have to refer to them as, for example, "anothermother." I can call her Christine. I like knowing how far along ladies are, what they're having, if they're married, or what their kids look like even though I haven't made a cute picture to post on mine yet. =)

I sometimes feel this dislike makes me insensitive, but then I ask other people about it and they don't want to see stillborn babies either. I have one friend that had a stillborn. I never asked to see the pictures, she never volunteered to share them. I'm perfectly fine with just giving her my support and love without the visuals.

Those pictures hurt my feelings.

Last edited by Spyctre; February 14th, 2013 at 09:12 AM. Reason: spelling
February 14th, 2013, 08:21 AM
Wanta.number2's Avatar Hi, I'm Tiffani!
I agree. I would offer my love and support to a mother of a stillborn child, I also was the mother of a stillborn child at 22 weeks. I do have a few photographs, but in my opinion, I love that child, always will. will talk about that child, but any photographs I have are private, because death SHOULD be a private moment for EVERYONE. I think its wrong and disturbing for certain women who post these on their siggies simply to "prove" that they did have a stillborn. I just know that I wouldn't want my mother or my children putting pictures of me at my death on a signature that popped up everytime they posted. I don't mean to offend, but I think it can be something that is very difficult for an expectant mother to see, early in pregnancy where things can change in a moment, especially when its being posted in a DDC. But, if you want to put some info about your angels in your siggie, by all means do so!!! I just don't think its appropriate to post 6 photos of your dead child in a siggie.

*** stepping off soap box LOL

Last edited by Wanta.number2; February 14th, 2013 at 08:23 AM.
February 14th, 2013, 09:07 AM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
This is exactly the reason I needed to know how to do this. I agree that writing about your angels is wonderful, posting extremely public pictures of dead children is just cruel in a place where we are all terrified every day of losing our little beans. Thank you all for putting into words what many of us have been feeling.

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.
February 14th, 2013, 09:16 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
If I recall, Firefox can block specific images. I use Chrome so I can't give how-tos, but if you use FF, maybe you can find out.
February 14th, 2013, 09:18 AM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
*goes and checks to see if I said anything inappropriate* I sure hope no one blocks me.

Stacey, wife to Allan & Mom to:
Anastasia (13)- C/S 8lbs 7oz, 20.5"
Noah (11)- C/S 8lbs 12oz, 19"
Oliver (5)- VBA2C 7lbs 3oz, 19.5"

Baby Grayson born sleeping at 39w pg due to thrombophelia;
Protein S and Protein C deficient, Factor V Leiden , & MTHFR
(10/16/13)- 2VBA2C 9lbs 12oz, 22"

My Chart
February 14th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchMom2007 View Post
Yup, I just did what the above poster recommended and successfully blocked a user. There was a siggie that I just couldn't handle seeing and posts that I just didn't want to read any more. The posts don't even show up in the threads anymore. If that user likes a post, that shows, but the posts themselves and siggie are completely gone.
Hmmm good to know! How about if a blocked or ignored user makes a new thread? Can you see it listed on the board?

Closed Topic

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search