skincare

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 14th, 2013, 07:22 AM
lindsaylyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
any skin care products you are avoiding during pregnancy? I know you are not supposed to use salicylic acid (acne medicine) or retinoids (anti-aging)
February 14th, 2013, 07:35 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
I'm still using a little bit of it - after going off BC, my skin just is not right! I have had breakouts on my back like when I was a teenager - it's so frustrating and I hate it so much. I'm using http://pics1.ds-static.com/prodimg/46146/300.jpg and I'd switch if someone had some good suggestions.
February 14th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Leah
I'd just found the best skin care for me ever from Lush.... and then my skin dried out like the Sahara. I'm sticking with the same manufacturer and just adding another step. I've been adding their Dark Angels followed by Fresh Farmacy and finally Ultrabland. I also use Fresh Farmacy on my body, though may have to mix that up as well. I have crazy sensitive skin, so I'm surprised it's not gone totally nuts. I'm thinking the Lush stuff has to do with that. It's worked better than any medicated stuff I've used.

/headslap
So to answer the question, which I managed to forget between reading and responding, no because the stuff I use is all natural. Much of their stuff is even vegan.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump

Last edited by QL1516; February 14th, 2013 at 07:58 AM. Reason: pregnancy brain
February 14th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Where can you get Lush products? How are they priced? I've been struggling with acne for a few years and have no clue what to use.
February 14th, 2013, 11:03 AM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
I LOVE Lush! Just so everyone knows! Ha! You can go to their website LUSH Fresh Handmade Cosmetics
I haven't used their face stuff, but I love their bathbombs, massage bars, dry shampoo, lip tint and lip scrub. (Huge fan can ya tell??)

Also, back on topic, I never used acne stuff in the first place really. I just purpose gentle wash and baking soda whenever I need a scrub
February 14th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Leah
Quote:
Where can you get Lush products? How are they priced? I
The closest to me in in a mall. You can also order online. Somethings can be pricy, but probably comparable to a lot of other treatments. They sell by weight on bar soaps, so a little different. The good thing about going into the stores is they'll give you free samples of products. My Ultrabland sample lasted weeks. Shampoo samples a couple washes. I think my tub of Ultrabland that I expect to last a couple months, at least, was $17. Shampoos run $9-$25.

Quote:
I LOVE Lush!
Another Lushie! I'm addicted.

February 14th, 2013, 11:20 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Quote:
Originally Posted by QL1516 View Post
I'd just found the best skin care for me ever from Lush.... and then my skin dried out like the Sahara. I'm sticking with the same manufacturer and just adding another step. I've been adding their Dark Angels followed by Fresh Farmacy and finally Ultrabland. I also use Fresh Farmacy on my body, though may have to mix that up as well. I have crazy sensitive skin, so I'm surprised it's not gone totally nuts. I'm thinking the Lush stuff has to do with that. It's worked better than any medicated stuff I've used.

/headslap
So to answer the question, which I managed to forget between reading and responding, no because the stuff I use is all natural. Much of their stuff is even vegan.
OMG love love love LUSH!!!! I need to go and get the shampoo bar again!

I don't use any special skin care products other than face soap.

February 14th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Leah
Quote:
OMG love love love LUSH!!!! I need to go and get the shampoo bar again!
I've never used the bars, but I've heard good things. I've used Curly Wurvy and now the beer one which I like for curly hair. Though my scalp seems drier too so I may need to swap.

Sorry for the threadjack!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search