Any moms here with asthma?

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 14th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I only get it around secondhand smoke. Two smokers were outside of the health unit yesterday (WIC appointment, yay free milk!), and I am having such a hard time filling my lungs today. It seems to be worse when I'm pregnant. Normally vanishes again 24-48 hours after the exposure, but for the time being it sucks. I have a feeling I'm going to need to call in a Rx for an inhaler. =P

Also if you have a touch of asthma and you have some insomnia, Tylenol PM, any acetaminophen, will worsen your condition. Found that out the last time the hard way!

3 on Earth and 7 in Heaven Hoping to get knocked up in 2016...sometimes.
http://arwenart.com
February 14th, 2013, 11:23 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
I'm an asthmatic. I only do neb treatments when needed. 2nd hand smoke is a huge trigger for me. Lately in general I feel like I can't get enough air in my lungs at all though. No coughing or wheezing though so I don't know what to make of it.

February 14th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I never have the attacks, just sometimes I can't breathe anything but shallow. It's uncomfortable. Smoke is the only trigger I've found. I'm glad it's not worse because just this sucks. lol

3 on Earth and 7 in Heaven Hoping to get knocked up in 2016...sometimes.
http://arwenart.com
February 14th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Loni's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been diagnosed with activity induced asthma but pregnancy seems to have made it better. I used to have to take a daily maintenance medicine for it but since I have birth in 2005 I have only had to use and inhaler on one occasion (well really consistently for a week) when I got sick over Christmas of 2011.
February 14th, 2013, 01:33 PM
SierraWinter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm an asthmatic. During a methacholine challenge test my lungs tested in the most sensitive bracket - meaning very little sets off an asthma attack. If someone is wearing too much perfume and I’m having a bad day mine goes off. Even smelling smoke on someone after they've smoked sets me off. I've gotten to a point I cant even use room fresheners, no aerosols, no chemicals in the house. I’m on daily Pulmicort (was on Asthmanex prior to pregnancy) and carry Xopenex as a rescue inhaler. When I have an asthma attack I don’t wheeze, my lungs feel like they are filling up with fluid, I start clearing my throat, then coughing. Basically I feel like I’m drowning in fluid. When doctors (or respiratory therapists) listen with a stethoscope I don’t wheeze even when I have diminished lung capacity. It took till last year for them to even diagnose me. The asthma medicines have made a huge difference.

I didn't know acetaminophen would make it worse, good to know

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search