Eating Healthy!

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Springpeonies
  • 1 Post By Irshtripletsmommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2013, 05:35 PM
Okay! So! After preparing a delicious dinner and return 3 different times for a tiny bit more... lol I've come to the conclusion...

this 30 lbs hanging around since my last pregnancy must go! But now being pregnant... you cant "diet"

therefore, i must control my cravings and minimize my daily calorie intake!

The worst thing ever to hear when your craving everything in the house right? lol

Maybe ill look into Weight Watchers or some sort of program like that to base my caloric intake on so i stop myself from gaining another 40 lbs during this pregnancy.. Perhaps design myself a little daily exercise routine to do while my 2 yr old naps???

Any ideas for "eating healthy" or exercises to do daily that arent TOO strenuous but will def stop any further weight gain until i convert my current 30 lbs of left over baby... into this new baby!

After seeing everyone belly pictures.. I realize that i def need to look into loosing some weight! Especially in my tummy!!! Anyone else suffering from the same or similar situations?
February 15th, 2013, 06:00 PM
Regular
I've convinced myself to eat healthy this pregnancy, I always gain around 40 pounds- that's because I've always resorted to that occasional donut and a few bags of candy - reese's..pasta.. .lots of carbs.. really trying to eat cleaner this pregnancy
Kimmie1518 likes this.
February 15th, 2013, 07:10 PM
estherm's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes I am in the same boat for sure.... SIGH....

I am don't have a whole lot of will power..

BUT I am going to try we can keep each other accountable

I am 25 lbs up from the first pregnancy and 15 up from the second. And its been 4 years.. Plenty of time to loose it. I did find out recently I had a thyroid issue keeping me from loosing weight but was only halfway through my program to fix it.. ( and it also made me Miss Fertile Mrytle... which landed me here.... )..

I was feeling really aweful from morning sickness until today but I began the meds last night and so far they are WORKING!! So no excuses to eat only carbs...

I am going to try eat my shakes with spinach again in the mornings if I can stomach it.. Tomorrow is my first attempt Also going to try have cut up fresh veggies in the house at all times....

Thats it for now..

Any more ideas?

Thank you Jaidensmum!

February 15th, 2013, 08:40 PM
Totally agree! I've been attempting to limit myself to only eating steamed veggies when im having the urge to munch between meals. =( HATE THE EXTRA WEIGHT!!!! I need to get my morning sickness dose already.. lol

on a side note... these smiley faces are friggin awesome!!!!
February 16th, 2013, 11:43 AM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
I am actually 25lbs less than I was starting my last 2 pregnancies. I lost 30lbs before getting pg this time. I'm only 10lbs away from pre-babies weight. I am a clean eater and a runner. I eat paleo mostly, but have a few dairy items like heavy cream and butter. I've not felt this good since I had kids and that says a LOT since I have autoimmune disease and Celiac!! I actually ran a 5k today. I plan to continue being active most the pg.

I had GD with #1, though was able to control it with diet with #2. After #2, I developed autoimmune hypothyroidism and insulin resistance. I only found out I had Celiac a year and half ago. I am WAYYYYY healthier with this pg than I was with the other 3. I am no longer insulin resistant as of 6mos ago!! I don't imagine I'll gain much. I gained 35lbs with #1, 16lbs with #2, and 14lbs with #3.

Stacey, wife to Allan & Mom to:
Anastasia (13)- C/S 8lbs 7oz, 20.5"
Noah (11)- C/S 8lbs 12oz, 19"
Oliver (5)- VBA2C 7lbs 3oz, 19.5"
Grayson (10/16/13) 2VBA2C 9lbs 12oz, 22" born sleeping
at 39w pg due to thrombophelia; Protein C def, Factor V Leiden , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14)lost at 16w- 3VBA2C 2.5oz, 6"
~WTTC until fall of 2014~
February 16th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
With HG its hard to eat well but I try and make sure everything I eat has a benefit to me!
5 time HG survivor , AP Mama to 5 GIRLS
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 9mo 10/10/13

Last edited by Iluvmybabies*; February 16th, 2013 at 01:36 PM.
February 16th, 2013, 01:30 PM
Julie
I am also trying to do the same thing. I go on my elliptical for 30 minutes every single day . Also, I have cut out white carbs-white rice, potatoes (sweet and white), only eating whole wheat pasta, no white bread, only whole wheat, AND I limit even the whole grains. I will talk to my doctor about this at my first appt, because I want to make sure I'm eating enough carbs, but in the first trimester I read that you don't even have to start eating 300 extra calories until the 2nd trimester, so I'm not that worried about it. I'm actually trying to follow the Suzanne Somers diet-eating only whole wheat carbs, and not combining them with fats, only eating carbs with veggies. And if I eat like shredded wheat cereal, I eat it with skim milk, not whole, and I wait three hours before eating a fat or protein. Her theory (backed my doctors) is that sugar and white carbs are what makes people fat, not fat. I actually lost 4 pounds from it before I found out I was pregnant. I keep a couple bags of sugar free candy or dark chocolate in the house for a little treat if I need something sweet.

February 16th, 2013, 05:07 PM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irshtripletsmommy View Post
I am also trying to do the same thing. I go on my elliptical for 30 minutes every single day . Also, I have cut out white carbs-white rice, potatoes (sweet and white), only eating whole wheat pasta, no white bread, only whole wheat, AND I limit even the whole grains. I will talk to my doctor about this at my first appt, because I want to make sure I'm eating enough carbs, but in the first trimester I read that you don't even have to start eating 300 extra calories until the 2nd trimester, so I'm not that worried about it. I'm actually trying to follow the Suzanne Somers diet-eating only whole wheat carbs, and not combining them with fats, only eating carbs with veggies. And if I eat like shredded wheat cereal, I eat it with skim milk, not whole, and I wait three hours before eating a fat or protein. Her theory (backed my doctors) is that sugar and white carbs are what makes people fat, not fat. I actually lost 4 pounds from it before I found out I was pregnant. I keep a couple bags of sugar free candy or dark chocolate in the house for a little treat if I need something sweet.
I still track my food on My Fitness Pal and probably will do it the whole pg. I actually don't even care about the fat grams since all the fats I eat are from clean foods and are healthy. I almost always have dark chocolate in my stash.

Stacey, wife to Allan & Mom to:
Anastasia (13)- C/S 8lbs 7oz, 20.5"
Noah (11)- C/S 8lbs 12oz, 19"
Oliver (5)- VBA2C 7lbs 3oz, 19.5"
Grayson (10/16/13) 2VBA2C 9lbs 12oz, 22" born sleeping
at 39w pg due to thrombophelia; Protein C def, Factor V Leiden , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14)lost at 16w- 3VBA2C 2.5oz, 6"
~WTTC until fall of 2014~
February 16th, 2013, 05:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Good luck to you all! I don't have an issue with weight normally but I did gain 50+ (probably more like 55 but I literally stopped weighing myself toward the end) with my first. I gave in wayyy too much to the carb and fast-food cravings. Gonna try and be better this time around.
& Henry Joseph- born 10/15/13
8 lbs 10 oz and 22" long

February 16th, 2013, 05:42 PM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
I gained 80 pounds with my first but mostly it was horrible depression combined with living with a terrible roommate. I consoled myself with food and did absolutely no exercise. I plan to walk/run this time and I am trying to eat as much protein as possible and also filling up on fruit and veggies. I have held steady for 2 weeks so far, hoping it continues.

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.
February 16th, 2013, 08:37 PM
estherm's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck to all you ladies!

Thank you Jaidensmum!

February 17th, 2013, 07:44 AM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
I'm just really trying to be conscious of what I buy and eat. I think it makes a big diffrence knowing that it's not just affecting myself anymore, but the baby as well! I am trying to eat lots of fruits and veggies, cut down on carbs, drink mainly water, some OJ and milk and I've been walking to and from work about 3-4 days a week.
February 17th, 2013, 09:48 AM
Aww jeez...

maybe thats why im having such a weight issue.. i have no idea about basing my diet on white carbs, proteins.. fat... wow.. i mean i have a general knowledge of everything but wouldnt know how to base my everyday daily diet on them...

i see food that looks good and i eat it.. probably why i have sooo much weight to loose still! lol
February 17th, 2013, 08:28 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
I am wanting to not gain any weight this pregnancy, I am a plus sized momma already. But I am doing crappy so far. Lots of time to turn it around though!

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
February 17th, 2013, 09:08 PM
SierraWinter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would be happy if I were down 15 pounds, but now that I'm pregnant I'm going to try to not worry too much about it. I already eat a pretty healthy diet. Other than walking I want to join a prenatal yoga group to try to stay calm, active and meet some other soon-to-be-momma's in the area.
February 18th, 2013, 04:19 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I lost 57lbs last year. So it's important for me to only gain a healthy amount of weight during this pregnancy.
I do wish I had lost the last 20lbs I wanted to before I got pg, but oh well.
February 18th, 2013, 11:04 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
I want to start walking.... but my excuse right now is that its too cold.

February 18th, 2013, 06:22 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm just hoping to not gain 40 lbs this time. I've lost all the weight plus some but I really don't want to gain that much. I plan to just keeping eating healthy like I have been.
February 18th, 2013, 07:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
So far I am losing weight. Happens every time. Honestly, I'm tiptoeing around most food right now. I am just trying to keep my m/s under control so my daycare kids dont see me running to the bathroom every 5 minutes.

[IMG]h ttp://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/kellybabe05/natural2.gif[/IMG]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search