Baby to be name ideas?

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2013, 08:59 PM
Okay, so i know we all are hoping for a certain gender..

Does anyone else have some names picked out for both genders???

If I have a boy, DH really likes the name Luke. I love the name Eli.
And for a girl, DH like Abigail (Abby). I love Athena. - not sure what it would be like having a baby named Athena but it would be a very strong woman's name. =)

Anyone else pondering names this early???
February 16th, 2013, 04:51 AM
happywife's Avatar Super Mommy
Well all of the boys in my DH's family have the initials GCJ. Our little boy who was born sleeping last May is a Jr. DH would like to name a boy this time a third... not sure how I feel about that; I can clearly see both sides. He is also stuck on "M" names for girls, I am Misty, his mom is Marisa and our twins are Mylyn and McKynlee. However my oldest DD is Codi. I am going to put my down on the M name thing this time though. I love the name Sadie and Cori for girls. But to follow some pattern, our twins have their maternal grandma's names for middle names (Ruth & Hazel), so I would like to use his paternal grandma's name for a girl if with have one this time (Martha) however, I have NO idea what even remotely goes with Martha what do ya'll think?

Married to my bestfriend Graham and proud mommy to Codi - 15, Kevin - 13, DJ - 11, Mylyn & McKynlee - 3 & Graham Jr. ~born on Earth, living in Heaven ~ May 9, 2012
February 16th, 2013, 05:26 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmie1518 View Post
Okay, so i know we all are hoping for a certain gender..

Does anyone else have some names picked out for both genders???

If I have a boy, DH really likes the name Luke. I love the name Eli.
And for a girl, DH like Abigail (Abby). I love Athena. - not sure what it would be like having a baby named Athena but it would be a very strong woman's name. =)

Anyone else pondering names this early???
Lovely names!! Love them all. I like Eli but DH is set on Benjamin.

I like Lucy and Matilda, too.
February 16th, 2013, 05:30 AM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
My SO hasn't talked about names at all, other than saying he would like to hyphenate the last name to include both of ours. For first names, I like Basil a lot and am thinking it could go for a boy or a girl. I also like Sadie and Hazel. We shall see!

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.
February 16th, 2013, 05:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by happywife View Post
Well all of the boys in my DH's family have the initials GCJ. Our little boy who was born sleeping last May is a Jr. DH would like to name a boy this time a third... not sure how I feel about that; I can clearly see both sides. He is also stuck on "M" names for girls, I am Misty, his mom is Marisa and our twins are Mylyn and McKynlee. However my oldest DD is Codi. I am going to put my down on the M name thing this time though. I love the name Sadie and Cori for girls. But to follow some pattern, our twins have their maternal grandma's names for middle names (Ruth & Hazel), so I would like to use his paternal grandma's name for a girl if with have one this time (Martha) however, I have NO idea what even remotely goes with Martha what do ya'll think?
I am not sure how it works.. did you get a certificate or any official named paperwork for your sleeping boy? Personally I think you should go with Jr, in honor of both your DH and in his memory. But that's so personal; you should really talk through it and discuss w/ people you trust.

As for the girl, I'd stay away from M's so that your DD doesn't feel left out. Sadie Ruth is a cute name! For some reason, Eloise Hazel pops into my head, too. Ellie is a cute NN.
February 16th, 2013, 07:14 AM
Wanta.number2's Avatar Hi, I'm Tiffani!
Our name for a girl is Sophia Aubrey and boy is Wyatt Owen
February 16th, 2013, 07:35 AM
AshleeH's Avatar Veteran
i havent a clue about names yet---- btw my bf is named Eli--- short for Eliee
but maybe i will take a peek at some names--- keep me busy

Make a pregnancy ticker
February 16th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Leah
I like Lily, Hazel, Pearl (probably for a middle name) .... Aurora/Rory.... Patrick for my grandfather.... Jace maybe.....

Quote:
My SO hasn't talked about names at all, other than saying he would like to hyphenate the
last name to include both of ours.
Oooh, we haven't had that convo yet. I think he's still thinking I'll have his name by then. We're such opposites of the gender stereotypes.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
February 16th, 2013, 07:51 AM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think we are pretty set with Eden Hope for a girl. It just sounds more and more right every day. We'd call her Edy.

For a boy, we haven't really discussed it. We both like some of the same names.... one recently was Ezekiel, call him Zeke. We'll see though. I don't think we make boys so it may not be an issue.

February 16th, 2013, 08:21 AM
Julie
We are hoping for a girl this time, and if it is we are probably going to use Ashlynn Evangeline. Please give me an honest opinion-is the middle name crazy? I just love how they sound together. And it almost sounds like "angel" ya know? It would be pronounced eh-van-gah-leen.
QL1516 and GlitterStorm like this.

February 16th, 2013, 08:23 AM
StephanieMitchell's Avatar Super Mommy
For a boy, we like Alexander Logan (or Logan Alexander) and for a girl, we like Lily but we havent agreed on a middle name yet. Either Mae, Brooke or June.
soul_donut likes this.

We were going to have a baby, but we had an angel instead
Feb. 2013 at 8wks
February 16th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Eden Hope _ VERY CUTE!
I have a friend named zeke! always loved that name =)

Honestly, i like Evangeline! What a creative name!!!

dh used to work for a owen. lol and there was a wyatt working there as well!

logan, benjamin! all super names. Idk what name Martha would go with... why not pick your first names and maybe stick with the one that goes with martha?

Lily - dh sisters name. Heaven is his other sisters name. Thought about Nevaeh.. think its too common now to use.. Our daughters name is Daisy.. after her grandma..

Aurora is a beautiful name! I like Lucy too, i kinda like the older type names like Emma or Molly..
February 16th, 2013, 10:00 AM
OrangeHope's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If it's a girl I'm pretty set on the name Amy, I'm hoping to convince DH to name her Amy Brielle. I love the name Brielle too but I'm just too set on Amy being a first name.

If it's a boy...Hmmmm...I'm thinking about names like Oliver, Jason, Christopher...not too sure what DH's thoughts about those names.

February 16th, 2013, 10:05 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We haven't discussed this a whole lot. Husband really likes the name Mia for a girl, but I could take it or leave it. I like the name Kadian for a girl (might play with the spelling). For a boy, I like Reid or Henry. Husband hates them both lol
February 16th, 2013, 10:25 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
If it's a boy his name will be Easton Granville. That was our boy name with our daughter.

For a girl, we do not have anything set in stone yet. DH likes Lauren, I like Amelia.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
February 16th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Boy will probably be Kellan something. Girl will be Kerrigan something. Still kicking ideas around on middle names, good thing we have a while to go!

My other boys are Landon Ethan, Logan Tyler, and Keighan Alexander.
2 angel babies 2/2013 and 8/2013

February 16th, 2013, 11:33 AM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The night I went to the hospital I decided that no matter what my baby's legal name is, I will always call him/her, Murphy. Murphy is DH's grandma's maiden name (father's side). It means "Sea Warrior." His/Her Daddy is a fisherman and this baby is DEFINITELY my little warrior, boy or girl. FX for Monday!

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
February 16th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Kholmes04's Avatar Veteran
We have a name or two chosen, I love Faith Antionette but my boyfriend Brandon likes Faith Rose for a girl.

For the boy, I like Landon James......Brandon hates it but we shall see

February 16th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irshtripletsmommy View Post
We are hoping for a girl this time, and if it is we are probably going to use Ashlynn Evangeline. Please give me an honest opinion-is the middle name crazy? I just love how they sound together. And it almost sounds like "angel" ya know? It would be pronounced eh-van-gah-leen.
This is my opinion, so take it or leave it, but I like Evangeline better than Ashlynn - I'd switch them around!
February 16th, 2013, 12:02 PM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
Dh wants another boy and I want another girl. We agree on names pretty easily, so we've already agreed on one for both options. Lavender Grace or Grayson James
Oliver (5) VBA2C, 7lbs 3oz, 19.5" ~ Grayson (10/16/13) 2VBA2C, 9lbs 12oz, 22"
born sleeping at 39w pg; Protein C def, FVL, PAI-1 , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14) 2.5oz, 6" Lost at 16w

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search