Speaking of baby purchases, what do you plan to buy once you are feeling confident?

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 17th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
With DD2, we went very minimalist. We bought a swing just because she had silent apnea/acid reflux. That was it. I'm a member of this thing in town called Life Choices. It's a Christian pregnancy center. I donate all my baby clothes and gear there, and I get clothes, diapers, and gear from them. You can seriously get everything from them. Cribs, changing tables, toys, etc. I've only done diapers and clothes. Minimalist that go. =)

I won't be buying a bunch of gear this time, but there are a few things I'm getting that aren't needed.

Tummy Tub
a nice wrap
Breast Friend Pillow
tandem stroller
and hopefully tons of boy stuff

Since Alice has autism, we have a lot of baby toys still. We have toddler mattresses. All I really need are clothes at this point. I already have diapers and all the gear needed.

Three on Earth and seven in Heaven. Hoping to get knocked up in 2016. Sometimes.

http://arwenart.com
February 17th, 2013, 01:06 PM
AllieD's Avatar Allison
We still have all of our stuff from our first pregnancy but I want to get myself a good diaper bag (not a crap one like the first time around) and we just need a couple odds and ends. I'm going to buy a new bedding set too even if we have another girl. We feel like even if it's our second they deserve a new bedding set

First Ultrasound:
5wks 5 days - Heartbeat 120

12 wks - Heartbeat 151

18 wks - Heartbeat 174

May 7th - It's a Baby BOY!

26 wks - Heartbeat 142
February 17th, 2013, 02:34 PM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
I actually am set for most everything except clothes if it's a girl. I am an avid knitter, so once we find out what the gender is, I plan to knit a baby blanket and some clothes. I do want to buy more cloth diapers if it's a girl. Will probably sell half my stash to be able to get more. I have to buy DS2 a new car seat since he's outgrown his Britax, so I may just buy both carseats (Radian) at once and sell the Britax.

I'm pretty sure I'll go nuts if it's a girl. I don't have any big ticket items to buy, though.
Oliver (5) VBA2C, 7lbs 3oz, 19.5"
Grayson (10/16/13)2VBA2C, 9lbs 12oz, 22"
born sleeping at 39w pg; Protein C def, FVL, PAI-1 , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14) 2.5oz, 6" Lost at 16w

EDD May 12th with identical twin GIRLS!!

February 17th, 2013, 06:20 PM
slmehaffey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have one of each and we always planned on having three. My oldest is only 4, so most of our things are still good. We will buy a swing, I'll make another ring sling cause I gave mine away last year, and I'm planning to design my own diaper bag because I HATE all the ones found in the stores, I have NEVER found a diaper bag that I thought was worth anything at all.
otherwise, there are two fun items we will eventually buy, one is a teddy bear, both of my other babies first present was a teddy bear. And the other item will be a 'coming home' outfit, although this seems stupid because we are planning a home birth..lol.. so i guess it is a 'coming out' outfit...lol.
February 17th, 2013, 08:13 PM
GlitterStorm's Avatar Regular
I already bought a couple cloth diapers. Once I have my OB appointment and see the baby on ultrasound I'll feel more confident about buying stuff. I plan to get a new breast pump and accessories once I have my ultrasound.

For this baby I need;
New carrier (ergo or beco)
Swing
PnP
Clothes
Convertible car seat

February 18th, 2013, 07:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Here is my list:
Swing
A good Medella Breast pump - my last one was just okay( Evenflo I think)
New twin bed for my daughter, so that baby can use her crib/toddler bed
Bedding for both.
Clothes - I gave away most of DDs . In anycase I wantto buy new clothes for this baby.
Bottles
Baby toys
Maternity clothes.

What I have:
Crib & mattress
Highchair
Travel system

February 18th, 2013, 12:08 PM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
haven't even thought about it.

We most of the stuff though since I just got rid of it all.

February 18th, 2013, 07:25 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just need a bassinet or something for the baby to sleep in our room. We're not doing a nursery like we did last time. Plus I bought all the big things neutral so we're good.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search