Morning Sickness and (TMI) Diarrhea

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 18th, 2013, 06:26 AM
Minnerva's Avatar Veteran
It's bad. Morning sickness hit me three days before a positive pregnancy test. General nausea, I feel like I have to throw up all morning long. And I have diarrhea all morning. It's gross and bad and I cant leave the house in the mornings because I have to be near a toilet.

I need... I don't know. Advice, help, sympathy... my DD is 18 months old, and I'm having a really hard time taking care of her while I'm running to the bathroom every few minutes. I'm only 4.5 weeks pregnant- which means I have another two months (at least) of this to deal with. I can't handle two more months of this!

Morning sickness with my DD wasn't like this. It was bad- I ended up losing 15 pounds. It was all day with her- all day and night queasiness, with puking at night. And it was kind of manageable, although it sucked. But this... I need to be able to leave the house! We were supposed to go on a playdate at the library this morning, and I had to cancel, because I can't be away from a bathroom long enough to even drive there.

I'm in tears over this. I know it's stupid, its just morning sickness and everyone gets it and I'm lucky to be pregnant at all and blah blah blah... but this feels unmanageable. Help?
February 18th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Regular
I have so much empathy, I've got the nausea and for all my pregnancies it's been severe. Do you have any Zofran? It can help a little with the nausea and I actually think one of the side effects is constipation- so it could help in that area too ...
Call your doctor.
When I had my other children I hired babysitting help for (at the time) he was 18 months because I really couldn't care for him when I was so so sick, expensive but I felt like i had no choice I needed the help.
February 18th, 2013, 09:33 AM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
You have my sympathy! I feel like I could have written that!!! I am super nauseous and have diarrhea all the time. Imodium is seriously my best friend. It helps so much and my Dr. told me it was ok to use last pregnancy.

I have Crohn's disease and usually my medication helps control it, but it has been so much worse since getting pregnant. I completely understand the not leaving your house part too.

When I was in collage, I had to withdraw for a semester because I couldn't leave the house at all, ever. It is torture for sure!

February 18th, 2013, 09:52 AM
Minnerva's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Springpeonies View Post
I have so much empathy, I've got the nausea and for all my pregnancies it's been severe. Do you have any Zofran? It can help a little with the nausea and I actually think one of the side effects is constipation- so it could help in that area too ...
Call your doctor.
When I had my other children I hired babysitting help for (at the time) he was 18 months because I really couldn't care for him when I was so so sick, expensive but I felt like i had no choice I needed the help.
I try to avoid medication, but I think I am going to have to call my doctor and maybe get a prescription. :-/
And it makes me feel better someone else has been through this- I was thinking about morning daycare for my daughter, because this morning I couldn't really function.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelloFiglioLA View Post
You have my sympathy! I feel like I could have written that!!! I am super nauseous and have diarrhea all the time. Imodium is seriously my best friend. It helps so much and my Dr. told me it was ok to use last pregnancy.

I have Crohn's disease and usually my medication helps control it, but it has been so much worse since getting pregnant. I completely understand the not leaving your house part too.

When I was in collage, I had to withdraw for a semester because I couldn't leave the house at all, ever. It is torture for sure!
Thanks for the tip on Imodium. I will call my doctor to get the OK on that, and I think we even have some in the house!

Crohns disease sucks. One of my friends has it. I'm so sorry- I know pregnancy can make it much worse.
February 18th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I too like to avoid medication, but I would consider trying something like Zofran, just so you can junction.
I'm so sorry. I had pretty decent m/s with both kids. Still waiting for it to show up with this one.
February 18th, 2013, 11:28 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
with each of my pregnancies morning sickness seems to get worse and worse. I can bet on losing at least 25lbs.

I know many suggest zofran, and it can help, but also it has other side effects that aren't worth it to me. It made me seriously constipated, so bad that I had to stop using it and felt better after I was off it and was throwing up more. It can be very costly too.

BUT it can help. I would rather avoid meds if I can.

Now this pregnancy, I have had diarrhea, never had that before, its not fun.

Hoping you feel better soon!

February 18th, 2013, 12:44 PM
Regular
Zofran now has a generic, and it was $10 for a bottle of it... dissolves under the tongue. it's a very safe medication, I've never had any side effects- worse one they say is some constipation- but in your case that could be something you want at this point.

Definitely think of the daycare in the morning or babysitting help, seriously I couldn't have made it without the help, I was glued to the toilet .. vomiting oh so awful.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search