sorry

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Spyctre

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 19th, 2013, 07:44 AM
chachartier's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok so I tried to catch up but I just got overwhelmed with all of the posts and how many things have likely already come up multiple times so I am going to APOLOGIZA IN ADVANCE if I say something/ask something that someone else already has!!! HAHA hopefully all of our DD will be here shortly and there won't have to be so much repetition...

I had my intake/history/risk factor appt with the homebirth midwife last night. I think it went well. On the way there, hubby was being all critical and asking me all these questions that I have already tried to answer for him. We got into a fight because he doesn't read or look at any of the material I have tried to give him about homebirth, but asks me for proof that it is just as safe as hospital birth (it is safer in low risk pregnancies...)

ANYWAY he said "if she is all voodooey/incensy when we get there, we are leaving" and she was TOTALLY down to earth, and like any other person you would see on the street (thank GOD) lol and he was able to listen to her. Today he wants to watch some documentaries and I told him he needs to make a decision soon because she only takes 2-3 births per month. She doesn't do any u/s or blood panel (although she encourages any tests you feel are necessary, and requires the blood panel) so I am still going to see my regular ob at least through the anatomy scan around 20 weeks. My blood panel and first u/s are going to be March 11th. I will be 7 weeks.

We are going to a 3D u/s place probably around 16 weeks to find out the sex... I'm hoping to not show til after that, and hoping to be able to keep my mouth shut, so we can announce the arrival of a DAUGHTER (FX lol) via u/s pic and card. With my first, I didn't show til about 20 weeks and that was just barely. However, I know that you tend to show earlier with subsequent babies. We are hoping to keep it from my job until the summer, for various reasons that would require a long explanation. We are excited about keeping it a secret as long as possible so that we can announce it and surprise everyone!

I'm eating like a cow. Went to the store and bought as many healthy things as I could to avoid eating junk and putting on weight. Talked to the midwife about my exercise routine, which she encouraged (thankfully). I haven't had any nausea yet, but that didn't set in til about 7 weeks with #1, and lasted til around 15-17 weeks. I get heartburn every few days. The biggest symptom is my milk supply dropped WAY down at 8dpo. I think I implanted around 6dpo... #1 is not very happy about that, as he still nurses to sleep every night. Trying very hard to pump and take alfalfa to keep up my supply.

I took Bradley Method Classes with my first and turned a little crunchy about birth... I knew I wanted natural because I am allergic to anesthesia but all the other stuff I learned in the process opened my eyes to the medicalization of birth in America and how out of control things can get. I plan on doing a natural homebirth, delayed cord clamping, immediate nursing, skin-to-skin, breastfeeding on demand, cloth diapering, baby wearing, and no crying-it-out. Anyone else have their plan in mind yet???

Make a pregnancy ticker

February 19th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Natural in a hospital. I vomit with almost everything for the IV, and epidurals flat out do not work. Reminds me I need to write that down for my OBGYN. If I need a cesarean, I'll have to be put under. My last birth was all natural. Sucks, it's pretty painful, and I hate planning for it.

The doctors here are open to whatever you want unless it involves taking that placenta home. They dissect them. Makes a lot of ladies upset, but I'm not interested in it.

The only interest I have in home birth is not being woken up by the nurses. No stats every few hours, no giving my baby a tummy ache cause we just can't feed on demand. We have to feed on a schedule and make sure you get them nice and bloated. I get home from the hospital recovering from my stay and not birth.

Oh, and nobody wandering in and out of the room while you push. We'll be locking the door this time.

chachartier likes this.
February 19th, 2013, 08:40 AM
Wanta.number2's Avatar Hi, I'm Tiffani!
I have to go in for a second c- section. The first one was necessary and an emergency. I love the hospital that I delivered at the first time and will be going there again, even though its quite a drive. There is great security, and they made sure that they had all DS's stats, hearing, etc done in the room and before I woke up. (I was awake for he surgery but had to rest after laboring for several hours and anesthesia) The only people to enter the room was my OB to check on me before he left, the lactation consultant (who I asked for) employees who brought me food, and my nurse who checked my stats twice during my stay. I don't think I could deal with random people just walking in while I was trying to give birth!
February 19th, 2013, 09:01 AM
Julie
Chastity and Arwen- I was curious as to why exactly the epidural doesn't work for you two? One of you stated you are allergic, is it like a low blood pressure thing? Or it just isn't effective? I've had natural childbirth once and have had an epi with others so I can only imagine expecting to get the epi and not having it work-eeek!

February 19th, 2013, 09:34 AM
AllieD's Avatar Allison
I opted for an epi as well but mine didn't take so I did it all natural. At that point though I didn't care lol. Not sure why mine didn't take though?

First Ultrasound:
5wks 5 days - Heartbeat 120

12 wks - Heartbeat 151

18 wks - Heartbeat 174

May 7th - It's a Baby BOY!

26 wks - Heartbeat 142
February 19th, 2013, 10:30 AM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
The first epi I had with my son didn't take either. I had a second, but it was too late by then. I am going to have this one naturally this time. I am hoping that by having a home birth that I will be more relaxed and it will be a bit easier.

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.
February 19th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Miss Bliss's Avatar Veteran
My Epidurals also did not take. I am small and have a very c shaped lower back and the doc struggled to get it in. I got numb for about 30 econds and that was it lol. It's ok, I proffered being able to feel it. I could go on forever about that whole experience but I'll save it for another day !
February 19th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I got the epidural but I think I could have made it without it....I was strapped on the hospital bed and the prone position made it too hard to cope with the contractions, three people were trying to convince me to get the epidural - the OB, the nurse and DH!!! I caved. But everything went well in the end. She was sunny side up and they had to do an episiotomy (wince) . This time around I plan to hang out at home as much as possible before heading out to the hospital. I was about 3 cm when I went in the last time.

February 19th, 2013, 02:15 PM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
I had an epidural with my first pregnancy and it worked like a charm!!! They gave me a bit too much and I was in heaven. I even told the anesthesiologist that I wanted to marry him, that's how good he was

With my second pregnancy, I was determined to get one again, but it didn't work at all so it was like doing it all by myself and totally wasting money on the epidural. Made me angry about the $, lol.

I'm not sure what I'll decide about the epidural part of labour. Other than that, I'm using the same OBGYN and the same hospital.
February 19th, 2013, 06:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My plan is similar to yours, home birth, cloth diapers, delayed cord clamping, skin to skin immediately and breast feeding immediately and on demand. Not sure about crying-it-out, definitely not for the first few months but after that...we'll have to see!
February 21st, 2013, 08:34 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
I will have the baby in the hospital, too high risk for home birth though I wished I could.

I will try to not have an epidural this time, my last 2 experiences were bad.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search