Any other runners?

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Effervescence
  • 1 Post By Laurenj915
  • 1 Post By MarchMom2007
  • 2 Post By 2Corinthians10:4
  • 1 Post By The Purple Butterfly

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 19th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Are there any other running moms here? I have been running half marathons for three years now, and ran my first marathon last year. I was training for the first half of this year, and I'm still planning on running it but I've completely tossed my goals away. I'm just going to go, and if I finish running then great.

I'm also still nursing which is making me nervous about how much water to drink I guess the best answer is simply "a lot!"

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
February 19th, 2013, 12:41 PM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes, i have run 4 full marathons. I'm not really running now though. I ran 6 miles a day through my first trimester with DS and then started spotting and ended up not being able to do any working out for 5 months! I will take it easy this time. I am walk/ running and doing yoga and biking this time.

What marathon did you run?

February 19th, 2013, 12:58 PM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
I was running a ton last summer and some last fall, but I had a back injury and now I am just plain nervous to do too much. I have been walking around 3 miles every other day though. I would like to up it to every day if I can find the time, and if it ever warms up here.

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.
February 19th, 2013, 01:30 PM
Lauren, it was just a small local marathon called the Towpath Marathon. I' injured my ankle during it and am actually just coming off the injury, now a positive pregancy test. So I have debated whether or not to even run this one (the Cleveland Marathon) I spoke to my previous midwife, and she said that my body is used to exercising, it would really be harmful to suddenly halt my routine altogether. So I kind of altered my training plan. I'm definitely going to keep it easy, slow down, walk if I need to, and certainly tap out if I need to.

LOL Since our big marathon happens relatively early in our spring, I'm kind of used to running in the cold and snow. I was given a treadmill, but even in this weather I prefer to go outside!

Click the blinkies!

February 19th, 2013, 02:20 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love running but am not a distance runner really. I can run about 5k but that's it. One of the ways I plan to get back into shape after having this baby is training for the 2014 Honolulu Marathon though!

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

February 19th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Super Mommy
I was running, training for a 10K on March 17th but after I had spotting last week it scared me. I haven't ran since and I won't until I see my doctor. I had planned on running all through if possible but I'm not willing to take any risks.

03/13 - missed miscarriage at 11 weeks
February 19th, 2013, 04:06 PM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
Yes!! I actually ran a 5k on Sat. I have another one in April and doing the Peachtree Road Race (10k) in July. I do plan to stay active the rest of the pg. I know the third tri will be rough, so I may just use the elliptical at the gym.
Effervescence likes this.

Stacey, wife to Allan & Mom to:
~Anastasia (14) C/S, 8lbs 7oz, 20.5"~
Noah (11) C/S, 8lbs 12oz, 19"~
Oliver (5) VBA2C, 7lbs 3oz, 19.5" ~ Grayson (10/16/13) 2VBA2C, 9lbs 12oz, 22"
born sleeping at 39w pg; Protein C def, FVL, PAI-1 , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14) 2.5oz, 6" Lost at 16w

February 19th, 2013, 05:02 PM
yeah, I'm only planning on attempting this one, which is in May. I also usually do a bunch starting in August and going through the end of October, but I am not planning that far ahead right now. I am probably just going to do small 5k's or even just run on my own without any race day pressure. I'm kind of already committed to this one though because registration is not cheap. Even if I have to walk part of it. As long as it isn't like last year- it was really strange weather and actually got dangerously hot! The year before, it was freezing. I won't do it if it is as hot as it was last year, but that is seriously strange for our area.

I'm so glad to see other runners here

Click the blinkies!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search