HUGE age gap

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By iCathy
  • 1 Post By mizza411
  • 1 Post By smsturner

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 19th, 2013, 01:00 PM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Are there any other moms here having a baby after a LONG break?
Mine are 13 and 11. They are from my first marriage. We've been trying for our together baby for four years, but just happened now. Anyone else bringing home a baby to teenagers?

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26
February 19th, 2013, 03:56 PM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
See my siggy. There is a 6yr age gap between my boys and there will be a 4.5yr gap between this one and my 3yo. My oldest will be 13 in July. She was so excited about us having another baby, that she was hysterical and in tears happy. I rather enjoy the age gaps.

Stacey, wife to Allan & Mom to:
~Anastasia (14) C/S, 8lbs 7oz, 20.5"~
Noah (11) C/S, 8lbs 12oz, 19"~
Oliver (5) VBA2C, 7lbs 3oz, 19.5" ~ Grayson (10/16/13) 2VBA2C, 9lbs 12oz, 22"
born sleeping at 39w pg; Protein C def, FVL, PAI-1 , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14) 2.5oz, 6" Lost at 16w

February 19th, 2013, 04:08 PM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My son will be 10 next month, I was thinking how big of an age gap that seemed lol My daughter will be 6 in April though, not as bad!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

February 19th, 2013, 05:07 PM
iCathy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My older 2 are 13 and 11 too It's so great, because they can help. With my DS3, I could take showers every day because my then 10 year old kept an eye on the baby. Now, my 13 year old babysits. It's the best of both worlds!! Don't worry!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my sweet siggy!!

Make a pregnancy ticker
February 19th, 2013, 06:39 PM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
My kids won't be quite that far apart, but my son will be 6.5 when this one is born. I am definitely hoping he helps a bit. He is extremely helpful and responsible so I am crossing my fingers!

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.
February 19th, 2013, 07:03 PM
I know my 13 year old daughter will be terribly excited and thrilled. She's been dying for this. She's very responsible and I know she will help a lot.
I'm a bit worried about my 11 year old boy, who has aspergers, he doesn't connect to other people in the same way. He's a great kid, and I adore him, but he can be a bit odd. (like me! lol)

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26
February 19th, 2013, 07:41 PM
OrangeHope's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine will be exactly 5 years apart. I really like it that way

February 19th, 2013, 08:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Can't speak from a mom perspective, but my brothers are 16, 19, and 22 years younger than me. That gap created a very special bond between us and gave my mom some such needed breaks. I loved having them around!
smsturner likes this.
February 20th, 2013, 03:55 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not a huge age gap, but Dd and this baby will be 5 1/2 years apart which is bigger than I wanted.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

February 20th, 2013, 04:34 AM
Julie
My daughter is 9 but she acts like she's 15, ( drama, mood swings, stereotypical teen behavior)does that count? Lol

February 20th, 2013, 05:07 AM
karmaissotrue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to karmaissotrue Send a message via Yahoo to karmaissotrue
Almost 4.5 years...we wanted a nice gap but not too far apart. They can still grow up together but it gives us a financial break with daycare/college tuition

THANKS SO MUCH KILIKI FOR THE WONDERFUL SIGGY
February 20th, 2013, 07:06 AM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irshtripletsmommy View Post
My daughter is 9 but she acts like she's 15, ( drama, mood swings, stereotypical teen behavior)does that count? Lol
That sounds JUST like my 9 year old daughter!!!

It may not be a huge age gap to others, but it is to us - our girls will be 10 and 7 when the baby is born. Had I planned the third one, I would have had them a bit closer than this!

Now that I've had some time to think about it, I'm glad that they'll be old enough to help me out a lot and being older and more independent, they can do a lot more on their own and for themselves.
February 20th, 2013, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irshtripletsmommy View Post
Haha. Warning from a btdt mom: It does not go away. I would have four more boys before a girl if we decided based on age 10 and up. lol
Irshtripletsmommy likes this.

February 20th, 2013, 07:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
No help here, mine will be 4 1/2 when this one is born... I feel like that an odd stage...she is still not independent or old enough to help out or young enough to be close buddies ...I wanted them to be closer in age

February 20th, 2013, 08:15 AM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My youngest is 12 and oldest is 17 - there had to have been cobwebs growing on my reproductive organs! lol I'm pretty sure the 12 year old will help out with the baby, so this should work out just fine.
February 21st, 2013, 08:40 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
not a huge age gap to some, but my biggest age gap so far. Sophie will be 4 when this baby comes.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search