Ot - help with a work decision? LONG

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Wren

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 19th, 2013, 05:10 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
Hey everyone, so i work in sales and am going to move back home soon. I told my manager this and with the pregnancy and him not putting me to 20 hrs like he promised i just thought it'd be best if i quit now. I told him sometime next week could be my last day and he said that was only a week.whatever i didn't care so i told him whenever was best I'm not in a big hurry
well he told the district manager i gave him one week notice and that he thinks he might put me as unrehireable
..i don't know if he was joking, but I'm seriously worried. I can ask my old dm where I'm moving back to go give me a job but at the same time in on the fence about working with this company that would treat me so bad when I've sacrificed a lot. I don't plan on working when the baby is here and don't need to work when dh is deployed...but the un rehireable bothers.me!! Should i just go work at my old store to not be unrehireable or forget this place?
ugh I know its a lot and poorly spelled (on my phone) but I'm so indecisive because I've been here a while and feel weird leaving!
February 19th, 2013, 05:18 PM
*Lana*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would suggest seeing if you can come to an agreement so that you are not put down as unrehireable. If you've been worth the company for awhile, then you have your foot in the door if you ever needed to get a job quick again. Plus you never know if you may come across these people again at other companies in the future.
February 19th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Wren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Can you email him and copy the district manager or someone in HR to repeat that you suggested that you were planning on quitting in a week, but as you told him in your initial conversation, you were open to staying longer if he needed you? If he is misrepresenting your conversations to the district manager I would get things in writing. Also, if it would cause you to leave on a better foot, I would stick it out another couple of weeks, even though things are probably awkward now.
QL1516 likes this.
February 19th, 2013, 06:21 PM
Well I don't think staying longer would help since I have to have some time with dh before he deploys and they dont want to give weekends off. I should probably just forget this place if my manager wants to be a jerk. Its a retail job and I don't plan on this being my career.
February 19th, 2013, 08:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
*Lurking* Sounds like how Wal-Mart treats their employees!! Sorry you are going through this while you are pregnant and preparing for your DH to deploy!! I hope everything works out for you
February 19th, 2013, 08:49 PM
Leah
I agree with going over his head in writing offering to work something out with them. I'd also explain that your DH is deploying and that's what had driven your one-week notice. I'd think it would be pretty unlikely that they'd ask you to stay an extended period knowing you want to leave. To be blunt, it'd be rather un-PC of them to deny you the time with DH before his deployment. If they deny it, and you choose to leave still, get their response in writing too. Should you ever run into an issue afterwards, you have documentation of the what and why.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
February 19th, 2013, 09:43 PM
Oh that's a great idea! I don't think it's just my manager its the Dm doesn't like me for some reason. I'll try the writing thing if I need too!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search