Another STRANGE thing about my appointment.

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By Spyctre
  • 1 Post By islandbaby
  • 3 Post By soul_donut
  • 3 Post By MarchMom2007
  • 2 Post By 2Corinthians10:4
  • 1 Post By soul_donut
  • 1 Post By Daisee37

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 20th, 2013, 09:36 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
So I was asked the first day of my cycle. It started with a miscarriage on December 9th, I ovulated on January 8th, due October 1st.

They told me that the miscarriage was not the first day of my cycle. Asked me, "Are you counting that just because you bled?"

"....um...yeah? My uterus evacuated all that lining and blood... Lasted 9 days. December 9th, cycle day 1."

"Well, that's not the first day of your last cycle."

"Ooooookay. Sometime in October I had another case of my lining ruining my day. I ovulated about 28 days later around Thanksgiving. Got pregnant, lost it December 9th, the day that was not the first day of this cycle. I've since ovulated a SECOND time this cycle. It was in January."

"Mam, we have to put something on here."

*sigh* "Christmas 2012. Mother Nature left me a 'present.'"

"Okay so your dates are off--"

"Miscarriage. Ovulated January 8th."

"We'll just get you an ultrasound. So how long are your cycles?"

How am I not doing these peoples' jobs?
February 20th, 2013, 10:12 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
That's so confusing I hope you get it all figured out!
5 time HG survivor, AP Mama to 5 GIRLS
Karrara 9 01/11/05, Kaiah 7 1/2 07/1/06,
Kayda 6 01/12/08, Katara 2 02/10/12
Korra 10/10/13
February 21st, 2013, 01:52 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I hope they do. lol
Effervescence likes this.
February 21st, 2013, 03:15 AM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
Ugh, I can imagine how frustrating that is!!! Why do they have to put down something for the first day of your last period anyway, especially if you know when you ovulated??? That just does NOT make any sense to me?!
February 21st, 2013, 04:48 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
Umm... are you sure you want them around your lady bits? They seem confused. In general I like anybody down there to know what they're doing.
February 21st, 2013, 04:53 AM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
Yikes! I had to go get a "proof of pregnancy" test done at a Planned Parenthood yesterday and she wouldn't believe me that I ovulated a week late. She put down on the paper that I am 7 weeks pregnant, even though I had a blood pregnancy test when I would have been 14DPO and it was negative. I was in reality only 7DPO and it was just too early. I peed on a stick at 10DPO and got a faint positive so I KNOW when I O'd, and I KNOW exactly how far along I am. Offices that argue with you when you know your body drive me absolutely bat s**t crazy!!!
Anitha, Spyctre and jennyrae03 like this.

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.
February 21st, 2013, 05:44 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's annoying. I hope they get their heads out of their butts soon and figure it out, I might consider switching practices if I were you. I had a midwife at an Army hospital look at me like I grew two heads when I told her I used FAM for bc. She asked me what that was and I explained I charted...she said she had never heard of charting to not get pregnant. That is one of the many reasons I decided I will not deliver there.
Effervescence and Spyctre like this.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

February 21st, 2013, 06:25 AM
Wren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That was like my pregnancy with my daughter. I told them that I had six week cycles and I knew exactly when I ovulated from charting and OPK tests, but they still dated the pregnancy based on my LMP, making it two weeks off. They said they would change it later if measurements matched my estimate. I was like...okay, if that makes you feel better you do that.
February 21st, 2013, 06:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
What I hate is I knew the exact day my youngest was conceived and it was three days earlier than LMP put it. They wouldn't listen to me. Then the due date was written down two days later than it should have been. The u/s tech tells me he's measuring a week ahead. Wow.
February 21st, 2013, 06:36 AM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
..... I am praying things get sorted out for you soon.

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
February 21st, 2013, 07:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Stupid Dr's offices are obcessed with the first day of LMP!! I hope they figure it out.

February 21st, 2013, 07:53 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitha View Post
Stupid Dr's offices are obcessed with the first day of LMP!! I hope they figure it out.
Ha, especially if it was a situation like you only DTD on a couple days in the month, say if you or your SO were traveling, etc. Do you think in that case they'd still hammer the LMP date in stone? Geezzz.
Spyctre likes this.
February 21st, 2013, 08:01 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's super annoying.
February 21st, 2013, 08:07 AM
Daisee37's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I actually just lie about it. But that's because we do IUI with triggered ovulation, so I'm 100% certain about my O date. Then I just count back 2 weeks from that day and say that was the first day of my LMP. Since that's all they want anyway--a date from which they can accurately date the pregnancy. So if you know you ovulated Jan 8, just count back 2 weeks and tell them that date instead and they should shut up about it.
anothermother likes this.
February 21st, 2013, 08:09 AM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I fudged my LMP with my 1st born because I ovulated 4 days early. Had they put down my LMP EDD she would have been 4 days early, but by my ovulation she was born right on her EDD.

February 21st, 2013, 09:21 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
what the heck? I think I would have been so frustrated I would have walked out and found a new practice!

February 21st, 2013, 09:56 AM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't tell them my LMP. I just tell them when I know I ovulated! I have delayed ovulation and a lot of health care professionals are morons.

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
February 21st, 2013, 11:42 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisee37 View Post
I actually just lie about it. But that's because we do IUI with triggered ovulation, so I'm 100% certain about my O date. Then I just count back 2 weeks from that day and say that was the first day of my LMP. Since that's all they want anyway--a date from which they can accurately date the pregnancy. So if you know you ovulated Jan 8, just count back 2 weeks and tell them that date instead and they should shut up about it.
That's why I told her to put Christmas.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search