Struggling

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2013, 03:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I've only been sick for about a week now, but I feel like I'm really having a hard time. I'm tired, nauseated 24/7, and I dont want to move. I run a home daycare and by the end of the day I'm exhausted. Does anyone else feel totally overwhelmed by this?

[IMG]h ttp://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/kellybabe05/natural2.gif[/IMG]
February 21st, 2013, 04:51 PM
Julie
Wow, I was just about to post something similar. I give you credit for running a home daycare. I have 4 kids but I don't think I could handle a daycare! Usually I am cleaning something (7:50 pm here) or vacuuming, or mopping, or doing laundry, but after I cleaned under the sofa I just have NO energy left....I just do NOT want to do one more thing..uughgh just remembered I have to empty the dishwasher and then fill it up with dirty dishes.... Go to bed early, we all deserve it!

February 21st, 2013, 05:52 PM
Minnerva's Avatar Veteran
Omg, you're running a home daycare while dealing with all this? You poor thing. That must be so tough.

I'm having a rough time, too. Morning sickness started really early, and this week it's gotten so bad I just curl in a ball on the floor. I don't know what I'm going to do- I have a toddler to take care of, I have no idea how I'm going to do this.

I've been spending a lot of time this week crying.

February 21st, 2013, 06:21 PM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
Oh my gosh, I feel for all of you With my first pregnancy, I had horrific MS for months and most days my husband would find me on the bathroom floor crying. It was aweful and I can totally relate! It will pass, but I just feel so bad for you both, especially having to deal with kids while you are feeling this way!!!

Sending you lots of hugs and good feelings!!!

Have either of you tried those seabands? They helped me feel a lot better with my second pregnancy.
February 21st, 2013, 07:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh man, I feel like I should hardly complain as I have no children, but feeling overwhelmed too. Nausea for a week now, and can barely look at food, feeling sick almost all the time, plus I'm super tired and my boobs are soooo sore. I hope it ends soon!
February 21st, 2013, 08:17 PM
SierraWinter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm having a hard time functioning and I dont have any little ones to look after. Yikes, you're tough!
February 21st, 2013, 08:41 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
I'm so sorry I hate that your all suffering m/s sucks

Even on 8mg Zofran around the clock as well as gravol I still vomit through out the day and am nauseous 24/7
I carry a bucket around to vomit in while I chase my 1year old and my 8 year old helps me lots, I spend a lot of time on my couch
I have my few things that help me cope but it took 4 HG pregnancies to get here and my hubby works evenings so he helps me all morning

I pray you all get relief soon!!!!
5 time HG survivor , AP Mama to 5 GIRLS
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 9mo 10/10/13

February 21st, 2013, 10:06 PM
Regular
I'm in the same boat, for the past week it's been 24/7, I can hardly move feel like to vomit at any moment. Today, randomly was he first day in a week that the nausea was a bit under control - still there but I could move without feeling like I'm going to fall over. It's really awful, no one can imagine in unless you have it.. just writing about it makes me feel horrible. PLease let this pass quickly
February 22nd, 2013, 05:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm just so glad it's not just me. Summer, you are a tough cookie. This is only my 3rd baby and Idk if I can do this again.

[IMG]h ttp://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/kellybabe05/natural2.gif[/IMG]
February 22nd, 2013, 05:51 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not struggling yet, but I am so afraid of the upcoming weeks.
I remember going through it with my daughter. My son was 3 and a real saint. So easy going.
My daughter is a firecracker and I know it won't be as easy to feel cruddy.
February 22nd, 2013, 06:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ugh don't even get me started...I hate this phase!! The 24/7 nausea is just getting old! You guys with little ones at home are saints. My DD is in preschool all day. I work full time. Sitting at my desk is hard enough!

Last edited by Anitha; February 22nd, 2013 at 06:47 AM.
February 22nd, 2013, 07:44 AM
Leah
Yes. The nausea started this week for me and seems to be getting worse each day. I've been exhausted for weeks now, so I'm feeling further drained. During a meeting last week our boss decided no more eating at desks, so I'm trying to be slick and keep stuff in my purse though that severely limits what I can eat. I haven't told them yet, so I don't feel comfortable taking breaks to eat each time it hits. I'm just hoping they don't come in today so I can have one day of saying screw my work ethic, I'm gonna work at a snail's pace. On top of being physically miserable, I'm dealing with the loss of a pet this week. I'm totally drained, but of course the one thing I want to do - lay in bed - is a bit depressing.

Those with kids, I don't know how you do it.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
February 22nd, 2013, 08:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ugh, I hope you feel better soon.

M/s likely won't hit me for a couple more weeks, as I was about 6 weeks along when I got it with my daughter. It flattened me until after 14 weeks (which I then had other physical problems to deal with due to my reflux). I tried so many things and none of them worked. This time, I'll try the ginger chews (I'm having hubbie pick some up today so I am prepared!), and if those don't work, I will beg and grovel at my midwife's feet for Zofran.

I can't imagine how you can run a daycare feeling that way! I have to walk 4 miles a day to shuffle my daughter to and from 4K, and I can't let m/s debilitate me this time like it did last time.

February 22nd, 2013, 11:57 AM
Minnerva's Avatar Veteran
Today went a little better for me than earlier in the week. Here's how I'm coping:

-Sniffing a lemon is helping a LOT. It doesn't help with the pain, but it helps with the urge to vomit. I haven't thrown up at all today! I have half a lemon in a Ziploc baggie, and I just sniff it every time I start to feel like I'm going to hurl.

-I woke up at 3am and ate as much as I could. (2 crackers) and had some water. Morning sickness started later today, and didn't last as long!

-I'm okay in the evenings, so that's when I get my food in. Right now, I think I had a stomach bug on Monday that messed up my stomach, so I'm only eating bland foods. I've been having white rice for dinner, and some chicken broth.

-I try to get as much liquid in as possible during the evenings when I'm feeling okay. I was pretty badly dehydrated earlier in the week, and I can't go into the hospital because I have a toddler to take care of, so I'm being really cautious about dehydration. Gatorade, Pedialyte, and flat ginger ale are all much easier on my stomach than just straight water. (Which sucks, because I love water, and hate sweet drinks.)

-Plain Cheerios taste very bland coming back up, and are easy to just eat a few here and there to get something in your stomach.

-Last pregnancy, dried ginger helped me a LOT. Except ever since then, I hate the taste of dried ginger and it makes me nauseous just thinking about it- so it doesn't work this time for me. But it's totally worth a shot!

February 22nd, 2013, 03:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm practically on bedrest due to the sickness. Whenever I leave my bedroom I throw up. Everything smells...my kids breath, I can smell shampoo if someone takes a shower. I have a vial of peppermint oil that I smell when needed. It's hell on earth.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search