Does your morning sickness HURT?

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 22nd, 2013, 12:01 PM
Minnerva's Avatar Veteran
With my DD, I had morning sickness- nausea and vomiting a few times a day. It was uncomfortable, but never unbearable.

This time around, it's a lot more painful. I have stomach cramps that are excruciating. I have to deep breath through them, and it's hard to focus on anything while the cramps are happening. On Monday, my daughter and I had a stomach virus, with stomach cramps and diarrhea and vomiting. I thought it was morning sickness, but then my daughter got sick a few hours after I did. So now I'm wondering if I'm still sick, if the stomach bug messed up something in my stomach, if this is just lingering effects, or if this is just how bad morning sickness can get.

What's it feel like for you?

February 22nd, 2013, 12:38 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
With DD1 my nausea hurt. My stomach never stopped hurting.
February 22nd, 2013, 02:15 PM
Minnerva's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyctre View Post
With DD1 my nausea hurt. My stomach never stopped hurting.
Is it different this time around?

February 22nd, 2013, 02:50 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Like a few ladies that have had bad pregnancies, this one is a lot better. We've all had our gallbladders out. My last pregnancy was worse than the first, but I didn't have the pain. I am assuming because I had some acid reflux medicine. When my medicine wears off sometimes now, I'll get a vague pain, something just hovering.

But with my first, it was pretty bad. I remember being around 25 weeks, and I was waiting on the couch for my husband, putting pressure on my stomach. When he was ready to leave, I told him, "It just never stops hurting." I've had acid reflux in all of these. Didn't know it with my first, but I was always very gassy in my tummy. My second I found out, and with this one, I wasted no time getting a prescription.

I don't feel great this pregnancy, but it is night and day from my last two.
February 22nd, 2013, 03:46 PM
Julie
It sounds like you're getting those awful stomach cramps that accompany stomach bugs, which you said you just had, so maybe it is lingering a bit. It could also be gastroenteritis, which is basically irritation of the stomach, which is what I had after I had my last baby. Your symptoms sound similar to mine. Dr gave me a script for Lomotil, which is awesome, though I don't know if it can be taken during pregnancy, probably not. Maybe you can take Immodium? Feel better!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search