How are you disguising the belly?

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 6 Post By Spyctre
  • 2 Post By Laurenj915
  • 1 Post By peace.love.audrey

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 22nd, 2013, 02:33 PM
*Lana*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wasn't able to fit into my pants by 6 weeks last time and I also went from a B-cup to s D by then too. I had to wear a belly band today and leave my pants unbuttoned (I have gone up one full cup size in a week). Last time my whole stomach was bloated early on, this time it is just a few inches below my belly button to my pubic bone. I have a tank top and a tshirt on with a long capey/flowy cardigan that stays closed most of the time. Most of my tops are not loose fitting. Last time, I got comments on how much bigger my breasts looked even before I told people I was pregnant. I also bought maternity clothes early on and began to mix them into my wardrobe.

How do you disguise now or in past pregnancies?

February 22nd, 2013, 03:01 PM
Loni's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Right now baggy sweatshirts are my best friend!
February 22nd, 2013, 03:04 PM
OrangeHope's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For right now I'm just over weight so I don't look much different but I will just be wearing baggy clothes for now.

February 22nd, 2013, 03:13 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
I don't even try. Its all bloat with me and today at work I unbuttoned my pants and let my shirt cover it! I was like I don't care anymore and let it hang loose cause my pants were killing me!
February 22nd, 2013, 03:13 PM
Minnerva's Avatar Veteran
I wish I had this problem. I'm overweight, but my middle area is my skinniest area- so when I started getting a belly, it just made me look more blobby. I didn't look pregnant until 9 months.

As far as disguising newly giant boobs: no empire waists, and no tops that narrow around your ribcage. A properly fitting bra will go a long way, too. Loose fitting tops work wonders, as does layering- a tank top with a cardigan or something like that over it.

February 22nd, 2013, 03:17 PM
chachartier's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lol I was still wearing my regular clothes til like 18 weeks last time, just barely started getting snug at 17 weeks. Was able to put some maternity pants on and show off a bump by 19 weeks but I was really sticking it out there hahaha. Now, I am HOPING I don't show til at least 16 weeks, but I know I am more likely to pop early since I have already had one. Nothing so far, still in my normal clothes, but all the feeding of my appetite that I have been doing has already caused me to gain some weight... not happy about that, but I will be picking up my cardio from once a week to three times per week to hopefully keep the belly trimmed without depriving myself of the nutrients I need. Once the belly starts to pop, it will be loose-fitting tops for me, I work in an office so flow-ey is easy to pull off, and I have plenty of maternity office wear from last time, some of which covered the bump pretty well even though I didn't want it covered last time haha

Make a pregnancy ticker

February 22nd, 2013, 03:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My office wear is formal pants and mostly loose tops and on the longer side....so far they are covering my belly okay, I started using the elastic bands on my pants though, I can zip them up almost all the way up, but can't button up comfortably. I gave away all my maternity clothes to a friend. Unfortunately her dad was diagnosed with terminal cancer and she has gone to India to visit him and wont be back until A) he passes away or B) his condition is somewhat stabilized. So I am going to have to buy new maternity clothes

February 22nd, 2013, 03:51 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I don't. I break out my tighter shirts to try and show off the bump/bloat as early as possible! lol

3 on Earth and 7 in Heaven Hoping to get knocked up in 2016...sometimes.
http://arwenart.com
February 22nd, 2013, 04:33 PM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My jeans are all snug. grrr.
I've been able to wear a jacket all week though.

I'm going to need to pick up a few pairs of maternity shorts soon. I think the weather will change here in FL in the next few weeks.
February 22nd, 2013, 04:41 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to swozze3 Send a message via Yahoo to swozze3
I don't have to hide much since I am overweight to begin with. I am 6 weeks now an still wearing my regular clothes an no one has noticed With #2 I was already in maternity clothes at this stage.
February 22nd, 2013, 05:24 PM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyctre View Post
I don't. I break out my tighter shirts to try and show off the bump/bloat as early as possible! lol

Amen! Lol

Last pregnancy i was very self concious about having a belly up until I gave birth. This time I am going to enjoy looking pregnant. Everyone is nice to you and this is my last pregnancy. As a stay at home mom I don't have to worry about anyone finding out right now. We do have a wedding when I am 10 weeks and i am wearing a pencil dress and sticking whatever little bump i have out there!
Lotsakids and Spyctre like this.

February 22nd, 2013, 05:34 PM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My bloat from week 3-5 was awful!! We had to tell Dh's family because they were all giving me the eye I even tried to hide it with a cardigan. It was just impossible.

Now I've gone down a little and it's not as obvious. I don't mind letting it all hang out though. I've already used the rubber band trick and my belly band. Can't wait to really start showing!

February 22nd, 2013, 05:47 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
No disguising my belly now lol
Karrara 10 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 1/2 07/1/06, Kayda 7 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 1 10/10/13

February 22nd, 2013, 06:10 PM
peace.love.audrey's Avatar Twins? Pinch me!
My baby belly is always conveniently disguised by my fat....it works perfectly!
Spyctre likes this.

8.27.10 1.30.11 3.18.13
Don't believe in God? You're not alone!
February 22nd, 2013, 06:26 PM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
My bloat is making me look super chubby right now, which makes me super, duper self conscious. I feel like I am gaining pounds by the minute, when I actually have lost a couple. I swear if I put on one of the maternity dresses I just bought I look about 8 months along. Eeek!

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.
February 22nd, 2013, 06:34 PM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm mostly living in yoga pants and finally broke down and bought some maternity jeans the other day. It's not that I can't button my regular jeans, but I'm so bloated that it's just not comfortable. I think that maternity tops are ugly, so I will be trying to wear what I already have for as long as I can...Next project is my boobs - they are spilling out of my bra now.
February 22nd, 2013, 07:26 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My past pregnancies, I was fine in normal clothes until very late in the pregnancy. I had no problem hiding any bump! This time, we told everyone about it very early. I don't go out much since it's winter with the kids, and the people I am around already know I went to play group yesterday with my pants unbuttoned and a longish but trim fitting shirt so the shirt covered the fact that the pants were unbottonned and also kind of held them in place But if anyone there would have asked, I would have completely owned up to having my pants unfastened.

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
February 22nd, 2013, 09:02 PM
*Lana*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Last Fall I bought some jeans that were the next size up. They slip down on me, but I would wear a belt. My jeans I put on after work are much more comfortable than the pants I wore earlier. I don't feel pregnant as they are not tight. Earlier today I felt huge.
I pulled out my maternity stuff tonight and washed the darks. I think I have more maternity work pants than regular work pants! I may be slipping into those next week for work. I can still wear some of my work pants, but I hate things tight on my waist and would prefer to be comfy...I usually wear leggings at home. Will need to figure out something for the shirt situation.

February 22nd, 2013, 10:39 PM
No problem here, it's nicely hidden in my padding. I feel a bit bloated, but since my work clothes are scrubs...there's plenty of room. I was this weight with dd and ds#2, I didn't show then until 20-ish weeks, and I actually just looked fatter :/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search