Saturday Slim Down

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 23rd, 2013, 03:42 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know it's still way early, but do you have any plans for how you will lose the weight AFTER the baby is born?

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

February 23rd, 2013, 03:51 AM
Julie
Ugh..my problem isn't working out, it's bored and emotional eating. At 133 and 5'1" I am just over the normal weight BMI, so technically overweight. I am now 129-130, so who knows if I'm still "overweight". Anyway, I have gotten into a good habit of doing the elliptical everyday for the past two months, but will I have the energy to do it once I have the baby? And will I be able to curb my eating? As I've posted before, I was doing the low-carb thing, but with this nausea the thought of eating eggs and cheese and meat and cheese just grosses me out, so I've been eating more whole grains than normal. Hopefully I will be able to eat less carbs once I have the baby.

February 23rd, 2013, 04:04 AM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
With my first two pregnancies, thanks to months on end horrific MS and losing lots of weight instead of gaining it, I never had a problem after giving birth. Both times I actually walked out of the hospital in my regular size clothing! With my first born, I was actually less weight after giving birth than I was when I found out I was pregnant!

So, this 'losing weight after giving birth' is all new to me. Now, with this pregnancy, I haven't had any morning sickness, so I can imagine how I could gain a lot of weight and have to try to lose it afterwards. I don't even want to think about it. I hate exercise and I'm bad at diets. Right now I'm just trying to be better about my exercise and eating better. Seems to be easier when you are now thinking for two and my actions don't just affect me, but also the baby.
February 23rd, 2013, 04:17 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am planning on staying active throughout my pregnancy and trying to eat right as much as possible (said the girl who had McDonalds for dinner yesterday). I plan to train for a marathon after the baby is born so that will help, but I want to do some strength training too I just don't know what.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

February 23rd, 2013, 04:43 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I lost 57 pounds last year, so I will be very interested in getting my figure back.
I won't do anything to jeopardize breast feeding, so I will just eat healthy and stay as active as I can (walks with the family and with the baby when the big kids are in school). Hopefully later next year I can work back up to running and weights.
February 23rd, 2013, 04:59 AM
Proud mommy!
With my daughter breastfeeding really helped me drop the weight. I am hopping it will be the same with this one.

February 23rd, 2013, 05:35 AM
chachartier's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Breastfeeding didn't really kick in for me til it had been about 5 months. But at that point, I also started weight watchers (with extra points for the nursing) and p90x (so extra points for exercising too). After about 3 months I was looking better than I did before I got pregnant. Then I had to go back to work full-time... my flabby belly is back, but I have an increased urge to take care of myself better so I am eating lots of fruits, veggies, protein, and oatmeal, still breastfeeding, and I will be doing core training three days a week on my lunch break throughout the first trimester, and trying to get in as much cardio as possible. Definitely both days on the weekend, and hopefully in the mornings two or three days before work - once the weather warms up I am hoping to be able to get Dominic out for walks in the morning. That is my plan for keeping the weight gain controllable, and my plan for losing afterwards is probably the same as before - p90x after I am healed, and weight watchers since it isn't too restrictive and allows extra points for breastfeeding and exercising.

Make a pregnancy ticker

February 23rd, 2013, 05:47 AM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
I am pretty sure I will do Weight Watchers. I did it a year and a half ago and lost 100 pounds so I have tons of motivation to keep my weight in check now. I did gain 20 pounds over the course of the last 6 months (oops...) but if I can keep my pregnancy weight gain to a minimum and go right back to my WW way of eating after baby is born I am hoping I can slim down pretty quickly.

I do remember being so ravenous while I was nursing and ended up gaining weight with DS. I am going to try to keep my fiber and protein intake up so I am not so hungry and the weight will still come off.

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.
February 23rd, 2013, 06:21 AM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I only gained 21 pounds with my last pregnancy. So I thought it was going to fall off when I gave birth. But i stayed 10 pounds up from my pre pregnancy weight until I stopped breastfeeding over a year later. I trained and ran a tough mudder race (12.5 miles) yet my body would just not let go of that weight while I was still breastfeeding. There was really nothing I could do to get rid of it but I would not have given up breastfeeding for the world. The month Sawyer weaned himself it came off with no effort.

***First time mamas, please don't let me story scare you off from breast feeding, it is the best thing I have ever done.

February 23rd, 2013, 06:40 AM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I only gain about 20-25 pounds during pregnancy too. I actually gain more after I have the baby since my appetite is back. I'm hoping BF will really help this time around. Other than that, I'm just really gonna watch my portion sizes and what exactly I eat...

February 23rd, 2013, 07:52 AM
Super Mommy
I lost 40 pounds this last year using My Fitness Pal and I plan to continue use it throughout the pregnancy and after. My last two pregnancies I had trouble of losing while breastfeeding but I wasn't watching what I was eating. I definitely want to breastfeed again and won't do anything to jeopardize that.

03/13 - missed miscarriage at 11 weeks
February 23rd, 2013, 09:09 PM
YoginiMomma's Avatar Veteran
I don't plan on gaining any excess fat to begin with, only what is necessary for baby to be healthy and happy. I eat a super nutrient rich diet of mostly raw and vegan whole foods.. the most processed thing I eat is organic raw vegan chocolate or rice cakes/flax crackers- so I think I'll be fine! I have lots of wonderful beautiful fit momma role models as friends who are as in good shape or better after having their babies- so I know I'll be following in their footsteps since we all have similar lifestyles.

I'm going to be posting my pregnancy yoga youtube videos for anyone who wants to follow along with a trimester appropriate yoga flow workout

I also plan on breastfeeding while eating a diet that is portion/calorie controlled- I don't count calories or anything, but I know what my diet was like before pregnancy for reference to maintain my weight. I'm 131 and 5'7 prepregnancy (up to 134 now with water retention !!!!) and I don't plan on going up past 150. I know that if I make my mind up now that I will be in much better shape after baby- than I will be! because I'm a stubborn and persistent person!
February 23rd, 2013, 09:40 PM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The fact that I'm putting on the pounds has caused me to think about this topic a lot over the past few days. The problem with me is that I normally have to follow a fairly strict diet (no white, lean meat, veggies) to keep my weight down. Since my tastes are all weird now and I'm often sick, I have been eating lots of toast, crackers, soup, oatmeal - all the stuff that makes me gain weight.

I'm hoping to BF this time (although I failed miserably last time), so that should help...unless I get totally ravenous like I've heard that some women do.

In the Sept DDC, we've decided already to do a fitness challenge and post progression pics so we can measure results and cheer each other on.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search