Two for Tuesday - Baby Related

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 26th, 2013, 03:36 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
1. Do you have a date in mind or on your heart when this little one will come?
2. Are you already thinking about baby's coming home outfit?

February 26th, 2013, 03:46 AM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
My water broke two days after my due date with my first and I gave birth three days later so I am betting this time around I will go a few days in the other direction and baby will come around the 12th or so.

We are doing a home birth, so no coming home outfit here, although I am obsessing over finding sweet organic clothing for the newborn period.

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.
February 26th, 2013, 03:49 AM
1fabulousfem's Avatar Mommy to Finn + 1!
I'm having a repeat c-section so I am almost positive the baby will be here on 10/18 one day after David's birthday.
I can hardly wait to pick up the coming home outfit.

February 26th, 2013, 04:03 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
1. Do you have a date in mind or on your heart when this little one will come?
Probably on October 6th since that is the ONE day I don't want the baby to come, lol. It is my cousin's son's birthday. The way she acts she will most likely think I did it on purpose.

2. Are you already thinking about baby's coming home outfit?
Probably a gender neutral sleeper. I always have that fear that the baby is going to come out a different sex than they predicted, lol.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
February 26th, 2013, 04:10 AM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
My oldest daughter was born almost a week late. My second one was born almost 2 weeks early. So I have no clue. Considering I am due the 28th of September, the dates that keep sticking out in my mind are the 24th (FIL's birthday) and the 26th (my great-aunt's birthday). Then if I go late, there's always my best friend's birthday, October 3rd, lol I guess I'll just have to wait and see what baby decides to do.

I do know if I am induced, it will be on a Tuesday. That's my Dr's hospital day and I was induced with both my girls, both of whom were born on a Tuesday

Oops, forgot to answer the second question...

baby's coming home outfit will depend on if it's a boy or a girl. A boy will definitely have a brand new outfit and more than likely if it's a girl, even though I have tons of girl clothes, she will probably have a cute new outfit as well
February 26th, 2013, 04:23 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Both of my kids were born in my 37th week of pregnancy. My due date is about the 21st, so I'd guess this baby will come in early October.
I will definitely enjoying picking out a coming home outfit once we know the gender.
February 26th, 2013, 04:32 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm guessing Oct 14th lol exactly a week after my due date. I was induced with both my other kids, one was 10 days late and the other was 8 days late! So if I'm induced this time it will be on Oct 14th I'm betting!

I have been looking at cute coming home outfits for boy and girls! lol

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

Last edited by sweety_pie; February 26th, 2013 at 04:03 PM.
February 26th, 2013, 05:00 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I really want October. It's my favorite month of the year. =) However, this last pregnancy I had been getting some good contractions before 40 weeks, and if I wasn't induced, I'm not sure I would have made it. I hope I do this time!

I don't do the frilly coming home outfits. Just some little pants and a shirt, something comfy for baby to sleep in.
February 26th, 2013, 05:25 AM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sawyer came at exactly at 37 weeks so I expect this baby to be similar.

No going home outfit planned except I hope it is pink!

February 26th, 2013, 05:28 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. Do you have a date in mind or on your heart when this little one will come? Idk, Dd came on her due date but I am not counting on that kind of luck again. I am kind of hoping this little one waits until October 21st to come.
2. Are you already thinking about baby's coming home outfit? If everything goes as planned the baby will be born at home so no going home outfit will be needed.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

February 26th, 2013, 05:32 AM
Julie
I was past due wity my first, about on time with my second, two weeks early with my third, and had to be induced almost 2 weeks past my due date with my fourth. I feel that the more active I am the more likely I will go into labor on my own, so hopefully if I keep up with the exercise I will be able to avoid induction this time and maybe baby will come a little tiny bit early. My SO will be very excited if it's a girl so I will let him pick out a coming home outfit. if it's a boy, we will probably do something halloween related.

February 26th, 2013, 07:20 AM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
1. Do you have a date in mind or on your heart when this little one will come? I'm hoping on my bday... Sept 27th
2. Are you already thinking about baby's coming home outfit? No, I'm also planning a homebirth.
Oliver (5) VBA2C, 7lbs 3oz, 19.5" ~ Grayson (10/16/13) 2VBA2C, 9lbs 12oz, 22"
born sleeping at 39w pg; Protein C def, FVL, PAI-1 , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14) 2.5oz, 6" Lost at 16w

February 26th, 2013, 07:20 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
No idea.. I just hope it's October and not September, b/c my nieces are both the last week of September and I don't want to have the kids bday thunder stolen.

People think about coming home outfits??? haha. I'm such a debbie downer. I was thinking, whatever we have that is small enough - probably a onesie and some socks?? The baby is just going to poop in/on it so why fuss?
February 26th, 2013, 07:22 AM
"Shay-see"
Last one was 2 weeks late. I think it would be neat if s/he came on my mom's birthday (19th), if indeed I have to wait that long.

I don't really understand the coming home outfit. Poor thing is still potato shaped and sleeping off the shock of being squeezed through a tube or worse. It's not like anyone will be able to see what s/he is wearing under the blanket anyway, so I'll probably just use one of those baby bags with the sleeves and a cozy hat.
Effervescence and soul_donut like this.
February 26th, 2013, 07:23 AM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurenj915 View Post
Sawyer came at exactly at 37 weeks so I expect this baby to be similar.

No going home outfit planned except I hope it is pink!
Just a warning, my 1st came at 37w, but my 2nd came at 35w5d. Just be ready early!
Oliver (5) VBA2C, 7lbs 3oz, 19.5" ~ Grayson (10/16/13) 2VBA2C, 9lbs 12oz, 22"
born sleeping at 39w pg; Protein C def, FVL, PAI-1 , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14) 2.5oz, 6" Lost at 16w

February 26th, 2013, 07:33 AM
YoginiMomma's Avatar Veteran
I don't think I'm going to go til my due date... there's a full moon with a lunar eclipse on the 18th of october, and babies like to come on full moons!!! either that or maybe the moon before that at 36/37 weeks, at which case it would be a virgo!!

and no coming home outfit as we're planning a homebirth, although I do hope for lots of *pink* organic newborn clothes
February 26th, 2013, 07:36 AM
lindsaylyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
nothing special for coming home outfit, but can't wait to pick out hospital pic outfit once I know the sex of the baby.
February 26th, 2013, 07:39 AM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
1. Do you have a date in mind or on your heart when this little one will come? I'm thinking the 19th
2. Are you already thinking about baby's coming home outfit? yup lol
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 10mo 10/10/13

February 26th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Wren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. I had a complication (cholestasis) with my first pregnancy that required delivery at 36 weeks. There is about an 80% chance I will have it again, and the normal induction for it is at 37 weeks. My due date is Oct. 22, but I'm expecting it might come early October or late September.

2. I haven't thought at all about coming home outfits, but that just made me smile and made the baby seem more real.
February 26th, 2013, 12:17 PM
~*Nicole*~'s Avatar Nicole
1. Probably between 1 and 3 weeks early like my others. My first was due on the same date (29th) 9 years ago and he wants his baby brother or sister to come on his bday, the 15th. I wouldn't mind a Halloween baby though!
2. I have already bought several little boy outfits, so hopefully one of those I am trying to convince Hof a homebirth, so maybe it won't matter

siggy made by Meredithh90!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search