Early Ultrasounds

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 26th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Regular
I will be 6 weeks this Friday and will also have my first prenatal appt that day with a transvaginal ultrasound included. The nurse told me not to be discouraged if there is no HB detected because it is still so early (my cycles are long and I know when I o'd because of charting and I will 4 weeks gestational age by then). Has anyone had u/s done around the 6 week mark and was pleasantly surprised to see the little flicker?
February 26th, 2013, 10:30 AM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With my son I was 6 weeks 1 day and had a small gush. I rushed to the ER to find a beautiful heartbeat and healthy baby. I definitely know when I o'ed that cycle and know when I got pg (Down to the day probably, believe it or not) I wasn't expecting to find much, but man did that heartbeat make mine soar

Good luck with your ultrasound. You definitely have to update us, please?

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
February 26th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had good luck getting an early heart beat show, but there are many that do not. Dont freak if your baby is still a little shy

February 26th, 2013, 10:36 AM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
There is always a chance that you could see one but sometimes they are hard to find too. Hoping you see a beautiful little baby and a heartbeat. Please KUP.

February 26th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Wanta.number2's Avatar Hi, I'm Tiffani!
I got an early u/s at 6 weeks last Thursday, and did not see a heartbeat. I actually didn't want an u/s just because of the fact I might not see a h/b. I was really let down and nervous. I'm feeling much more positive now that I have gotten some input and experiences from other ladies. I commend your OB for telling you not to be concerned BEFORE you had the u/s. Mine did not.

If you see one, AWESOME! But if not, don't worry! It really is pretty early!
February 26th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Regular
Wantanumber2- have you had a follow up u/s since?

I know the HB is SO small and can be extremely difficult to pinpoint but I am trying to be cautiously optimistic. These next few days are going to drag!! At least my appt is in the morning on Friday so I won't have to spend the day waiting
February 26th, 2013, 11:08 AM
1fabulousfem's Avatar Mommy to Finn + 1!
With my son we I saw the little flicker at 6 weeks 1 day. Good luck and don't stress!

February 26th, 2013, 11:17 AM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
At 6 weeks and 1 day I had an U/S and we saw the little flicker of the heartbeat. We even got to hear it as well FX for you!!

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
February 26th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes, with my son it was a day after 6 weeks when we saw the heartbeat. This time the office scheduled me exactly at 6 weeks. I called back and rescheduled for 7 weeks. I didn't want to go too early.

February 26th, 2013, 11:42 AM
AllieD's Avatar Allison
I just had a transvaginal ultrasound done at 5w 5d and saw the heartbeat - when they did the regular ultrasound it didn't show up though.

Don't stress, I'm sure everything is great! Keep us updated.

First Ultrasound:
5wks 5 days - Heartbeat 120

12 wks - Heartbeat 151

18 wks - Heartbeat 174

May 7th - It's a Baby BOY!

26 wks - Heartbeat 142
February 26th, 2013, 12:02 PM
I have a Friday morning appt like you! I will be having a followup u/s then!

Also wanted to point out, my u/s was transvaginal, but the machine was OLD. So that could also be a factor as to what you get to see.

Last edited by Wanta.number2; February 26th, 2013 at 12:09 PM.
February 26th, 2013, 12:06 PM
mamarazzi40's Avatar Veteran
We had our first u/s at 6 weeks, 1 day last Friday and were able to see the heartbeat! Good luck!!
February 26th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Regular
All these great turn outs are giving me more hope! Like is said before, I'm still cautiously optimistic. We've just been trying for what feels like forever and you just want certain things to go your way once you've reached this point, ya know? I hope the machine is a decent one! Should they try looking for awhile or do they typically just spend a few seconds and then conclude they couldn't see anything? I know this could greatly depend on the ob/practitioner but what were your experiences like?
February 26th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My OB found DD's heartbeat at 5 weeks and 4 days believe it or not!! But she tried nearly 10 - 12 mins before she was able to get it & it was transvaginal. I was bleeding and was inconsolable and I think thats the reason she tried so hard. I think if it's a routine one they may spend only a few minutes and conclude that it would be best to do a follow up u/s Then again it probably depends on the Dr I guess. Good luck!! KUP!

February 26th, 2013, 12:49 PM
My OB looked for about 3 or 4 minutes, moved around to look at several different angles. The screen really wasnt even that clear. BUT, she did tell me that having symptoms like nausea, m/s, etc is good, meaning that hormones are still surging. The closer it gets to friday the less I am getting worried, really.

The difference of a few days can make a difference, and you can't pinpoint the actually day the baby implanted, so a due date could easily be off by a few days if youre sure of your O dates.
February 26th, 2013, 02:13 PM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
I saw the heartbeat this time around at 6 weeks and 3 days.

With my pregnancy before this we saw it at 5.5 weeks.

February 26th, 2013, 02:16 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
Yup I saw a heartbeat at 5 and 6 wks with 2 of my babies
Good luck!!!!
Karrara 10 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 1/2 07/01/06, Kayda 7 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 1 10/10/13

February 26th, 2013, 09:08 PM
I had my first ultrasound at 6 weeks and 2 days because I was having some spotting (that's how I got in early). I was able to see the heartbeat! The other thing I was afraid of also, was if it was really uncomfortable and the answer is no - it's simply like putting in a tampon - no pain at all, it just takes about 5-10 minutes so it felt like a long time.

Good luck on Friday!
February 27th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Regular
Thank you all for the well wishes! I hope I have a sticky one and will be able to see some kind of growth. Within the past 5-7 days I've started experiencing waves of nausea and pinching feelings (sometimes more on my left side...?) so I'm glad I'm getting these symptoms as it makes it feel more real. Also had a few dull aches here and there and mild back pain.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search