Workout Wednesday

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By soul_donut

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 27th, 2013, 03:30 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Are you feeling up to exercising? What are you doing to stay active?

February 27th, 2013, 03:48 AM
Julie
Elliptical and some lifting with free weights,but I have a test coming up that I really need to focus on, so not sure if I will exercise today.

February 27th, 2013, 03:50 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't been feeling up to it lately unless chasing around my class counts. It's been so cold and rainy here that I've kind of been stuck inside on the gazelle. Dh is sending my my pregnancy workout dvd though so I plan to start that when it gets here.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

February 27th, 2013, 03:57 AM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
I can't say I do any major exercise, but I do walk to and from work about 3-4 days a week.
February 27th, 2013, 03:58 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've just been walking when I can, hoping it warms up soon!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

February 27th, 2013, 04:02 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been on a few walks with the kids this week. woot.
February 27th, 2013, 04:09 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I walk a lot at work. Right now that is all I can handle, lol.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
February 27th, 2013, 05:10 AM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When I found out I was pregnant I scaled way back because I was afraid from what happened my last pregnancy.

Now, i am slowly getting back to some crossfit workouts (with lighter weights and without tuck jumps and such), I think I am going to kick up the walks back to runs although i will cut my pre pregnancy distance in half. DH and I also do yoga in the evenings.

February 27th, 2013, 05:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
None. I just walked upstairs to get hangers from my sons room and by the time I got back down here I puked up the pedialyte Popsicle I ate. I mostly have to sit all day.
February 27th, 2013, 06:14 AM
lindsaylyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurenj915 View Post
When I found out I was pregnant I scaled way back because I was afraid from what happened my last pregnancy.

Now, i am slowly getting back to some crossfit workouts (with lighter weights and without tuck jumps and such), I think I am going to kick up the walks back to runs although i will cut my pre pregnancy distance in half. DH and I also do yoga in the evenings.
can I ask what happened?

doing 2-2.5 miles on the elliptical 3-5 times a week, I am finding it is actually helping my morning sickness, but it hasn't been too bad for me so far.
February 27th, 2013, 07:23 AM
YoginiMomma's Avatar Veteran
I've definitely scaled back on my exercise... I used to walk 3-4 miles a day and do at least one power yoga class and teach another 1-3 classes... I can't do much about the teaching because it's my job, though I do feel exerted from it, demonstrating poses and adjusting people and just walking around being in a heated room--not too hot! it gets up to 85 at the most-- for an hour and a half. So now I'm walking when I can/feel like it 1-3ish miles a day, and going to yoga classes that are more relaxing and modifying everything... inversions feel weird, no core work, and no jump backs/jump throughs.. it's going to be an interesting ride! I can't wait until I'm in the second trimester though and I can start going to prenatal yoga classes that are intense but safe.. my friend teaches and she's had a baby and specializes in it. I just don't have the energy right now to do a lot.
February 27th, 2013, 07:28 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Okay sorry, just had to get that out. Yeah, I haven't been exercising much. Actually, not because I don't want/need to, I just haven't had any time to! Between my wonky work schedule (either noon-8pm or 3pm-11pm) and my house being remodeled, there isn't a whole lot of room for working out. Thankfully I haven't really gained any weight. Maybe a pound or two, but I think that is from NOT working out, when a month ago I was going 3-4 times a week.
February 27th, 2013, 07:33 AM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsaylyn View Post
can I ask what happened?

doing 2-2.5 miles on the elliptical 3-5 times a week, I am finding it is actually helping my morning sickness, but it hasn't been too bad for me so far.
Nothing too serious.

I was a marathoner and when I got pregnant with my son the Dr said continue whatever you normally do. So I was running 6 miles a day my entire first trimester. Around 12 weeks I started spotting heavily. I really freaked out. Went to the dr and they told me absolutely no walking, (not even around the mall) running, yoga, sex... I was not cleared for sex or walking until well into my 3rd trimester. I need some sort of physical activity to stay sane so it was very difficult for me.

February 27th, 2013, 07:37 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
I scaled my gym time back to 1-2 days a week. Not really enough but whatever. I never feel great afterward. I looked at some butt exercises online yesterday though.. does looking at exercise count? ha.
jennyrae03 likes this.
February 27th, 2013, 07:47 AM
Wren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't do anything last week, but I dragged myself to dance class last night. I definitely felt out of breath. I talked to the teacher and of course she was like "I taught modern and ballet 5 times a week until my 8th month, you'll be fine".
February 27th, 2013, 08:36 AM
AllieD's Avatar Allison
I haven't been doing anything but definitely feel like I need to be doing atleast something

I think I'm going to see what I can find online for like prenatal workouts etc.

First Ultrasound:
5wks 5 days - Heartbeat 120

12 wks - Heartbeat 151

18 wks - Heartbeat 174

May 7th - It's a Baby BOY!

26 wks - Heartbeat 142
February 27th, 2013, 08:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Uhg, no. I really need to get moving but it's hard here, there's still 2 feet of snow on the ground/covering the sidewalks and there's a gigantic (I mean like mountain-like) hill to climb up just to get into the neighborhood from my apartment complex (Can't go the other way, just leads onto a major route with no sidewalks).

I know those are crappy excuses but I also work and have been exhausted and and and....
& Henry Joseph- born 10/15/13
8 lbs 10 oz and 22" long

February 27th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Daisee37's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nothing... I feel too sick. Well, that and I'm terrified of doing something to harm this pregnancy. The last 2 times (when I had m/cs), I was running 3-4 miles a few times a week and I was still weight lifting... and I miscarried both times. With my previous 2 pregnancies before that, I was a total lazy bum, and those babies turned out perfectly healthy. I know it could totally be a coincidence, but now I'm paranoid that my exercising somehow caused my 2 miscarriages. I mean, 2 healthy babies with no exercise, and 2 miscarriages when I WAS exercising. But I also don't want to gain a ton of weight, since I'm already overweight... so I'm thinking of maybe starting up with the elliptical again if my stomach feels up to it. It's just so hard when I feel so nauseous ALL THE TIME.

August 2012 December 2012
February 27th, 2013, 01:04 PM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
I don't feel up to doing much.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search