So nervous for first ultrasound

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By gRod

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 27th, 2013, 11:38 AM
~SavedbyGrace~'s Avatar ~Nichole~
So, my beta numbers have started low. At 10 dpo they were 12. At 12dpo they were 23, so they did double in 48 hours, albeit still very low. Then, I went just the other day after we got home from vacation, and they were 314 at 22dpo. That's a doubling time of 62 hours. Doctor didn't say anything to make me worry, said that it's still within normal ranges, but I'm soooo nervous. She is having me come in next monday for an ultrasound. I've had two previous m/c so I'm really really nervous. I'm not having any cramping or spotting or anything, but I'm taking prometrium, so I'm also nervous that perhaps that would be delaying any bleeding. Anyone with any experience with a successful pregnancy with low beta's? Looking for some ray of hope here. I'm also sicker than a dog with strep/fever for last several days. Grr...
February 27th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Regular
if it was me, id demand to come in today or tomorrow, id even make up additional symptoms just to get in immediately. better to lie a little and ease your mind and stress level. just like when i call for my 2 yr olds doctor appts. i make it sound worse, because seeing me 24+ hours later really isn't gonna help if he has sever strep and getting worse.

February 27th, 2013, 11:49 AM
~SavedbyGrace~'s Avatar ~Nichole~
To get the ultrasound earlier? She doesn't want to do it sooner than 6 weeks she said. But now I'm really nervous, why do you think I should demand it today or tomorrow?
February 27th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I dont think there is a point in going earlier than 6 weeks...it might cause more stress. I had low numbers and the first beta's took like 86 hours to double. I was sure I was out. It is still fighting.

I have had great numbers and doubling perfectly and gone to lose those. I have had crappy numbers that are not doubling and they have resulted in my first son (perfect and healthy) and this one. I think the number game is a great way to feel better but it is also a great way to worry you.

I will have you in my thoughts. Try and stay busy. Your appointment is right around the corner!
~SavedbyGrace~ and jennyrae03 like this.

February 27th, 2013, 01:12 PM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't dealt with low numbers before, but I have had losses! HUGS! Hopefully time goes fast for you!! But I agree its better to wait for at least 6 weeks! Fingers crossed for a healthy bean!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

February 27th, 2013, 02:13 PM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
a scan before 5-6 weeks may just cause more stress.... usually they do the scan based on your numbers, once you are at 2000+ hcg they should be able to see something, that has been the magic number I have been told.

Good luck! thinking of you!

February 27th, 2013, 02:49 PM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
I would wait until Monday too. Going in before they can see much is just going to stress you out so much more. I know it seems like forever away, but find something fun to do this weekend to keep your mind occupied and Monday will be here before you know it.

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.
February 27th, 2013, 03:13 PM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope this helps....I am currently refusing to go get my early ultrasound until my lowest guesstamate of when I'd be 6 weeks would be. I refuse to put myself through the anxiety and stress of not knowing or them "making a mistake." I'd rathier just know and move on from there.

That said, whatever you decide, I wish you the best of luck and get to see at least one beautiful heartbeat when you go. I'll be praying for you.

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
February 27th, 2013, 03:19 PM
~*Nicole*~'s Avatar Nicole
I understand your apprehension.

siggy made by Meredithh90!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search