childhood injuries?

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 28th, 2013, 09:44 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Broken bones - Only the girls. 1 courtesy of a sister double bouncing her on the trampoline, 3 courtesy of horseriding falls. All wrist breaks/fractures.

Glue - 1 toe courtesy of a sister dropping a rock on it, 1 head caused by said child falling head first over whilst piggybacking another child, 1 chin (they thought they would have to stitch it but the glue held,) boy child 1 on a school excursion walking on someone's fence and he fell. Boy child 2 head, jumping on sisters bed and hit the corner of the wall backwards.

Eggs - 6 kids, waaaaaay to many to count.

Febrile convulsions - Two of my children have suffered with febrile convulsions. Both have bee hospitalised with it.

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3

Evelyn Isobel is here! Born - 2nd November 2013
February 28th, 2013, 10:54 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Yikes, these are cringe worthy! The worst that I can remember is my oldest grabbing a hot cookie sheet. She is mixed dominant so she does not seem coordinated enough to do things to get hurt. The baby grabbed a hot plate already. Both ended up with little blisters.
March 1st, 2013, 04:25 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchMom2007 View Post
Oh, I almost forgot another one with my son. Not an injury, but so completely disgustingly gross...

I was in a small local supermarket and my son was just at the age of pulling to stand. I had to use the restroom and there was nowhere to park him and I didn't have a stroller so I put him on the floor, which was very clean, but still... I had to wash my hands and just as I did, he pulled up to stand at the toilet and started sucking on the edge!!! I wanted to brush his teeth and rinse his mouth out for hours, but we weren't even at home. So, so, so gross! He was fine, didn't get sick, but holy smokes, I wanted to die.
I WOULD HAVE DIED!! LOL

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

March 1st, 2013, 08:47 PM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For me - I didn't have an injury, but I had a birth defect. I was born with a rare form of hip dysplasia (yes, like dogs lol). I had three surgeries, traction, braces and half body casts from the time I was 2 until I was five. It makes for some interesting scars! lol
It IS passed genetically, but it's very rare. Odds of carrying the gene are very small, and even if you are two carriers, there is still a pretty small chance that a child would have it. And VERY small that it would be as severe as mine was. It was so rare, it was actually experimental surgery when it was fixed...

My kids - Marcus broke his left arm once when he was just two! He fell off a swingset. And then again when he was 5. Falling off a pool ladder. He has my grace and coordination Neither time was terribly horrible, no blood or anything. Both times it was even hard to tell it was broken.

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26
March 1st, 2013, 09:05 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
My girls have never broken anything but have had a few bad cuts
My 3rd fell while we were camping and cut right between her eyes that was horrible
My 2nd fell while walking with a cup and cut her top gums up pretty bad
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 10mo 10/10/13

March 2nd, 2013, 06:50 AM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow! I'm so glad we haven't experienced much of this stuff. My girls are still young though so I'm sure we'll get there....

I have broken my arm, the same arm, twice, within 18 months. Both were just kinda freak accidents and when I was 14-15.

Dh has only broken his nose in a basketball game. Which is surprising that that is his only break because he's super active even now at 28. He has sprained his ankle a couple times in the last year.... I tell him he's getting to be an old man.

Alexis did spend a week in the hospital a week after she was born due to a fever. They were worried about herpes. Then a day or two after the stay we found a TICK on her! oh my gosh. My brand new baby had a tick. We never found out for sure what caused the fever. But that was just a long week. You can bet this next kid will be living in a bubble the first 6 weeks of his/her life.

Alexis also did have a 6 month span in her life around 18 months where she just walked into ever door jam and wall corner.... she had a perpetual egg on her head.

March 2nd, 2013, 10:43 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
out of my 7 kids, I only have one who I wouldn't say is accident prone, more like he is crazy.

He has had 5 concussions. He is 11. NONE of them have been sports related and he is a goalie for soccer and plays lacrosse.

Its more of he just does stupid boy things.

March 2nd, 2013, 04:35 PM
peace.love.audrey's Avatar Twins? Pinch me!
I think the biggest injury was when my 5 yr old broke her foot 5 months ago. She was just running and jumping around and came down on her foot wrong.

Surprisingly, my son hasn't really ever hurt himself. Knock on wood.

My 3 yr old hurts herself all the time. She has tibial torsion (pigeon toed) and she trips over her feet. 3 months ago she tripped and split her forehead open on the edge of a metal door frame. Last week she fell at day care and had a huge scrape up her nose and then the next day fell at the little mall playground and hit her nose again. These are just recent things I can remember but she is always scraped or bruised up from tripping/falling. We are in the process of possibly getting her some sort of brace for her ankles/feet to keep them from turning in. It won't correct anything but it will hopefully keep her from banging her head on things.

8.27.10 1.30.11 3.18.13
Don't believe in God? You're not alone!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search