This is crazy! I think I felt the baby move!

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree18Likes
  • 1 Post By sweety_pie
  • 1 Post By anothermother
  • 1 Post By sweety_pie
  • 1 Post By islandbaby
  • 1 Post By The Purple Butterfly
  • 1 Post By Lemon
  • 2 Post By soul_donut
  • 1 Post By *Lana*
  • 1 Post By ~*Nicole*~
  • 1 Post By Miss Bliss
  • 1 Post By Spyctre
  • 1 Post By MarchMom2007
  • 3 Post By SierraWinter
  • 1 Post By holls79
  • 1 Post By MarchMom2007

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 1st, 2013, 06:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ok I am very vey skeptical when someone says they felt the baby move in like week 10 or 11...I just think to myself, "if that's what they want to believe" but I don't post anything negative as I feel like its their body and they can believe what they want right? It was like a smack in my face this morning while I was driving to work, I very distinctly felt the ticklish wrigly, fluttery early movement feeling very low near my pubic line!! Even since TTC I've been paying such close attention to every twinge and I have felt nothing like this so far except when I first felt DD move when at abt 16 weeks or so!! This just seems crazy early and my logical head says no way! But my intuition and heart swears its the baby. I am only 9 weeks and 5 days! I feel so bad for judging those ladies who said they could feel movement so early, if only in my head.

March 1st, 2013, 06:52 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow! Never know I guess! I can't wait to feel it!
Anitha likes this.

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

March 1st, 2013, 06:52 AM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Totally real I felt Chloe at 12 weeks, Alexis at 8, and Everleigh at 9ish. So by history I probably only have a week or two before I should start feeling something!

Yay for tickles!!
Anitha likes this.

March 1st, 2013, 06:55 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope I feel it soon too! Got me excited now!
Anitha likes this.

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

March 1st, 2013, 06:56 AM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
Well, I am one of those ladies who has felt her second baby at 11 weeks. I know for a fact it was her. No point in arguing with me about that I did think it was early as well, believe me. But then I met her, got to know her personality and realized feeling her so early went right along with her 'on the go, moving all the time, never sitting still' personality.

What is stranger still, is that I am 9 weeks 6 days pregnant now and just like you, I felt something last night. I felt it a few times, actually. I just kept telling myself, "it's way too early", but then again, is it?

I think with the first pregnancy, we never know what to expect. I always said I didn't feel my first daughter until 24 weeks when I actually felt her punch or kick me. Once I got accustomed to the flutters, waves, etc. I was more aware of that in my second pregnancy.

So, could it be that I am now even more aware of it in my third pregnancy? Possibly!

Just my opinion
Anitha likes this.
March 1st, 2013, 07:22 AM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
I felt #3 move at 11w. They were kicks, never flutters. I told my OB at 12w that I felt movement and he told me it wasn't possible. I showed him where I felt it, he put the u/s wand thing over where I felt it, and BAM baby was RIGHT there moving around!! I'll start looking for it around 10w. I love it!
Anitha likes this.
Oliver (5) VBA2C, 7lbs 3oz, 19.5" ~ Grayson (10/16/13) 2VBA2C, 9lbs 12oz, 22"
born sleeping at 39w pg; Protein C def, FVL, PAI-1 , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14) 2.5oz, 6" Lost at 16w

March 1st, 2013, 08:24 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I felt #1 at like 16/17 weeks.
I felt #2 at like 11/12 weeks!
Anitha likes this.
March 1st, 2013, 08:30 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
omg ! neat! I would just assume it was my lunch burrito doing a dance but when you know, you know!!
curlimama05 and Anitha like this.
March 1st, 2013, 08:33 AM
*Lana*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Cool! I felt DD at 13 weeks.
Anitha likes this.

March 1st, 2013, 08:34 AM
~*Nicole*~'s Avatar Nicole
I feel early movement too you're not alone!
Anitha likes this.

siggy made by Meredithh90!!!

March 1st, 2013, 08:47 AM
Miss Bliss's Avatar Veteran
I always feel it early. Just depends on your body. I haven't felt anything yet, but I expect to sometime in a few weeks!
Anitha likes this.

March 1st, 2013, 08:50 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I felt DD1 at 20 weeks, but DD2 at 8 weeks to the day. I already saw my placenta developing dead center so this one won't be for a while. =P
Anitha likes this.
March 1st, 2013, 09:14 AM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
I felt my son super early too and it was my first full term pregnancy. People could feel him kick from the outside at around 14 weeks, which was supposed to be impossible. I remember telling a co-worker she could feel him kick and she said she didn't believe me. She put her hand on my belly and screamed when she felt him bop her. He still is an extremely active, super strong child, so it doesn't surprise me now that he was so super active then. Can't wait to feel those flutters with this one. I am hoping it is in the next 2-3 weeks.
Anitha likes this.

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.
March 1st, 2013, 09:42 AM
SierraWinter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thats awesome! Just when ticker envy fades I'm totally jealous, cant wait to feel my baby!
sweety_pie, Anitha and soul_donut like this.
March 2nd, 2013, 10:15 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
with baby #2, I swear I felt her at 9 weeks, I was laying in bed and I just knew it. It was only a little... but by 11 weeks, I felt her all the time.

March 2nd, 2013, 10:52 AM
MrsHoot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, cool! I wonder if I'll feel this one earlier since I know what it feels like.. I think I felt DS at 16/17 weeks. I remember the first time I felt him, I was outside in the hallway working with a student on the floor. I remember the sweater I was wearing and everything. It was a memorable moment apparently! So excited to feel movement for the first time with this one!

March 2nd, 2013, 11:04 AM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I swear, I almost started a thread like this a couple of days ago because for the past few days when I am laying very still, I have been feeling little flutters. I thought it had to be gas, or maybe it was because I feel it in the area of my c-section scar, which remains sensitive inside, so maybe that was the reason...I didn't feel anything with my first until like 20 weeks, and with my second, maybe 16 or 18 weeks. Who knows.

Enjoy feeling your little bean jump around in there!
March 2nd, 2013, 11:30 AM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
I feel all my babies early due to a deformity

#1 at 10wks
#2 at 9 wks
#3 8wks
#4 at 8wks
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 10mo 10/10/13

March 2nd, 2013, 04:23 PM
Swear I felt mine last week too! I think this being the third one you know what to look for and what feels like what...although I swear I had phantom feelings too when I was not pregnant that reminded me of what a baby felt like!
Anitha likes this.
March 2nd, 2013, 05:51 PM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
So, I found the journal that I was writing in when I was pregnant with DS and I felt him move at 14 weeks and my co-worker felt him at 20 weeks, which was still super early for her to feel him from the outside. I am pretty sure I will recognize movement earlier this time and I can't wait!!
Anitha likes this.

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search