Ugh. Doctor's appointments.

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 1st, 2013, 01:56 PM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Dear Missouri, GET MORE DOCTORS! Ugh.

My insurance just got approved so I called to make an appointment and the soonest I can be seen is March 29th. I'll be 11 weeks. That's not even seeing the doctor, that's just the consultation. Seeing the doc will be 1-2 weeks after that. But I did tell them I need an NT scan around that time and they said that wasn't a problem either with them or with the peri doc. Of course, they closed at noon today so I'll have to call back Monday.

Starting care at 11 weeks wouldn't be so bad in a normal situation. But since it's my first pregnancy after a loss I just want to be seen, uh, now. I'm so glad I'm having friends come in for a week starting next Saturday, that'll help time go by faster.

March 1st, 2013, 03:24 PM
Julie
Ugh, that's awful, what a pain that you have to wait around till the 29th!! Sorry to hear that, hope the time flies by for you!

March 1st, 2013, 03:24 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Can you go to a neighboring town? Last successful pregnancy I had I had my first trimester appointments an hour away because no doctors were accepting new patients for months in my town. It's a small town! How many ladies could be freaking pregnant?!
March 1st, 2013, 03:37 PM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are a medium size city, but the only one this size within 3 hours. I could've gone to my other office and gotten in sooner since they know my history, but I had my reasons to leave them. This new doctor comes pretty recommend... so I couldn't probably go to one that wasn't as well known but it's a scary chance to take. I'm just over taking that chance, I want to *know* my doctor is going to be good. This was one of 2 of the recommended doctors. It's weird because I actually called the office last pregnancy because I wanted to switch them but it just didn't work out--- they could of had me in the next week. I guess it's timing too. Rats... too bad I didn't get approved sooner. I'm sure I'll survive. At least getting the NT scan done when I need to isn't going to be an issue, so that's good.

March 1st, 2013, 04:25 PM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Maybe you can keep calling back for a cancelation?
March 2nd, 2013, 10:28 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
hoping time passes quickly!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search