6 week ultrasound update.

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By jeannie921

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 1st, 2013, 04:06 PM
Regular
Well my appointment went good...I guess? I am measuring a little behind. I thought I was 6w exactly and am measuring 5w3-4d. We could only see the gestational sac. No HB. The midwife said that everything is still so small and so early that this is completely normal. At first I was really upset, but then really started thinking about how soon that really is and it put my mind at ease a little. I have a follow up u/s next Friday when I will be over 6 weeks so hopefully everything is more developed by then. Hoping!

I still have many pg symtpoms and got all the bloodwork done today.
March 1st, 2013, 04:16 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
My bust pregnancies never gave me many if any symptoms. sounds like a good appointment.
March 1st, 2013, 04:21 PM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like a good appointment!
March 1st, 2013, 04:46 PM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
Sounds like a good appointment!
March 1st, 2013, 05:04 PM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
This early in the pg, things change really fast. I wouldn't worry too much at this point.

Stacey, wife to Allan & Mom to:
~Anastasia (14) C/S, 8lbs 7oz, 20.5"~
Noah (11) C/S, 8lbs 12oz, 19"~
Oliver (5) VBA2C, 7lbs 3oz, 19.5" ~ Grayson (10/16/13) 2VBA2C, 9lbs 12oz, 22"
born sleeping at 39w pg; Protein C def, FVL, PAI-1 , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14) 2.5oz, 6" Lost at 16w

March 1st, 2013, 05:21 PM
Regular
For any that have had previous miscarriages, did you have early pg symptoms? My cousin was telling me that if I'm experiencing the normal symptoms (nausea, sore boobs, bloated) then it's a good sign (she experienced a blighted ovum awhile back and said she never had ANY symptoms, went on to have 2 healthy pg's with every symptom in the book). Obviously every pregnacy is different, but I would like some feedback as the possibility of miscarriage is always on my mind.
March 1st, 2013, 05:27 PM
Wanta.number2's Avatar Hi, I'm Tiffani!
I had normal pregnancy symptoms that faded and progressed to cramping, pain, and bleeding during miscarrige.it sounds like you had a good appointment and i would not be worried at all. You would not believe the difference a week can make, as i learned today.
March 1st, 2013, 06:34 PM
Julie
Sounds like everything is going well! I try not to obsess about what could happen because everyone and every pregnancy is so different, as you said. When I start obsessing I say to myself "alright, enough! It's out of my hands at this point, I just have to relax and stop!"that works for about 2 hours lol...can't wait till we get past this part.

March 2nd, 2013, 02:54 AM
1fabulousfem's Avatar Mommy to Finn + 1!
Sounds like a good appointment to me. With Finn I was sure I was 6+1 at my first US. I measured 5 +3.
They really do grow at different rates.
I can't wait for an update.

March 2nd, 2013, 03:05 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
GLad it went well!!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

March 2nd, 2013, 07:49 AM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It doesn't sound like a bad appointment to me. I can't wait for an update

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
March 2nd, 2013, 10:45 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
at my scan at 5 weeks and 3 days all we saw was the gestational sac and yolk sack. And the following week we could see the heartbeat.

Lots of luck and I hope the time passes fast!

March 2nd, 2013, 05:18 PM
SierraWinter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like a good appt and like everything is on track. I had an appt at just over 5 weeks and could only see a sac. Two weeks after saw everything including heartbeat. Its easy to worry but it does sound like you're on track.
March 6th, 2013, 08:13 AM
Regular
i had no pregnancy symptoms with the one I lost in sept. i was 8 weeks and we saw heartbeat and all before it happened but i still didn't believe it because i felt perfectly normal. with my son who is 2, and this pregnancy, i have all the symptoms and i don' tmind the vomiting because i know it means its a good thing.

March 6th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know it's hard but try not to worry too much because this is normal. I had my first ultrasound at 5w4d and they could see nothing other than a sac, yolk sac, and what they thought was the baby, which looked exactly like a grain of rice. Everything was so tiny that there was no heartbeat to be seen.

They made me wait 2 weeks for a follow-up ultrasound, which ended up being a good thing - that 2 weeks made all the difference. I could actually see the baby the next time, saw the little heart flickering, and actually got to hear the little heartbeat (only because it was a vaginal u/s).

Many of us measure a few days ahead or a few days behind - that's also perfectly normal.

Overall it sounds like you had a good appointment. I'll be watching for your updates.
March 6th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That sounds like a good appointment for how far along you are. hang in there for a nother week. I am sure your little bean is growing fast in there

March 6th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Regular
Today I am 6w2d. Ultrasound is Friday (6w4d). I am so hoping for everything to go smoothly. Even if we can just detect the yolk sac I will be content. I could have sworn i saw it on the last one, but my midwife didnt confirm or deny it was there. I had my first bout of morning sickness yesterday and today tried some crackers and ice water when I woke up just to see if it helped and it did! But then of course I started thinking, was it really the water and crackers or are my symptoms stopping??? It's just a constant worry but I am trying to stay optimistic and calm.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search