Naps!!!

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 4th, 2013, 05:14 PM
YoginiMomma's Avatar Veteran
I'm sorry some of you busy mamas don't have the time/space to take naps and I have mad respect for you!! I'm so tired I dont know how I would handle being early pregnant and watching another little one (or two) if my husband wasn't around to help during the day.

I have a moderate work schedule that is mostly in the mornings only for a couple hours, which is great because that's when I have the most energy... but then I have been taking the longest naps ALMOST every day.. if I don't then I'm whiny and gross-feeling..

Is it normal to be sleeping this much??? I usually fall asleep around 2pm every day, and sleep anywhere from 1-3 hours-- today I slept 2-5, and that's the second time I've done this!

anyone else?

how many naps do you take? how long?

I kind of wish I could spread them out and they would be shorter like 30 minute power naps, I've tried the alarm clock thing to make that happen but I sleep deep

*"It is through the body we realize we are a spark of divinity"* ~ Iyengar

Make a pregnancy ticker
March 4th, 2013, 05:20 PM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think you are normal. My son took a 3 hour nap today and I slept the whole time. I wish I could do it everyday. I have been going to bed by 9 and sleeping until 7 for two weeks.
10 hours a night is alot of sleep but I need it.

March 4th, 2013, 05:25 PM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Right now I don't nap. My 3 year still naps, but am just not a napper in general. I'd rather use her naptime to get something done or just enjoy the quiet! lol

But, when I was pregnant with my first, I napped most days in my first trimester for about an hour.

This pregnancy I just compensate by going to bed a little early.
Come on second trimester energy!!
March 4th, 2013, 05:38 PM
MrsHoot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My first pregnancy, I napped like you! This pregnancy there isn't really time for naps. DH doesn't usually get home til 6 or 7. That being said, I'm ready for bed now and was at like 6:00!!

March 4th, 2013, 11:17 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think, whatever is normal for you is fine.
I can't nap during the day, as it makes me feel really cruddy

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3

Evelyn Isobel is here! Born - 2nd November 2013
March 5th, 2013, 02:26 AM
1fabulousfem's Avatar Mommy to Finn + 1!
I am envious!
I have absolutely no time but I am in bed the minute my son is down for the night!

March 5th, 2013, 03:18 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I might get an hour nap in some days, my little girl lies down and we nap together! lol But most days I'm in my slump around 2 but i just push through it. Then I drop around 8pm most nights!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

March 5th, 2013, 03:38 AM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
I always tell all my first time pregnant friends how lucky they are and to take full advantage of being able to nap whenever for however long they need to. I remember being pregnant the first time and I believe I slept the whole entire afternoon, every day, for the first trimester. I could not get enough sleep!!! I really missed that with my second pregnancy when I had a toddler at home and there was no way I could just nap whenever.

With this pregnancy, I have a part time job and when I am home alone, getting sleepy, it's always at the most inconvenient times like right before lunch or right before the girls get home from school, so I rarely nap anymore.

Oh, but how I wish I could!!!

Take full advantage of it, if you can nap!!!
March 5th, 2013, 03:55 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm completely jealous. I know if I had the opportunity to nap I would and it would be that long. Next week is spring break and I can't wait to be able to nap.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

March 5th, 2013, 04:02 AM
chachartier's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love naps! Always have... but I work full time. I LOVE the weekends because I nap at least one of the times my son does (he still takes two naps currently... wondering when he is going to switch to a one nap per day schedule). I have actually contemplated bringing my yoga mat and pillow to work with me to close the door of my office on my lunch break and take a nap. I already use my lunch break to do a quick core workout in my office on Mondays and Wednesdays... but the other days of the week I might figure out how to fit a nap in haha. The last two days my son has slept from 8:30pm to 7:30am and 9pm to 6:15am, so that has been HEAVENLY especially since he usually still gets up once a night to nurse. He always teases me when he sleeps through the night two or three nights in a row and I think he is finally going to stop waking up to nurse in the middle of the night... and then on night 3 or 4 he starts his usual nightly waking again haha

Make a pregnancy ticker

March 5th, 2013, 05:49 AM
"Shay-see"
I discovered my first pregnancy solely by the fact that I was sleeping between 14 and 18 hours every day and couldn't keep my eyes open. I thought I was sick and one day I sat up out of a dead sleep and announced my pregnancy to myself, decided I must be crazy, and went back to sleep.

Found out a week or so later that I was 9ish weeks along.

March 5th, 2013, 08:08 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I napped all the time with my first pregnancy, but I can't really do it this time. My schedule was insane with my first though, lol.

Woke up at 5 am to eat a bowl of cereal and pack dh's lunch for the day. Back to bed at 5:30 then sleep till 10 am. Wake up, clean up, eat lunch, then back to bed at 1 pm till 4 pm when dh got home from work. Fix dinner, clean up then off to bed for the night at 8 pm. I did this EVERY day and was still super tired.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
March 5th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have not been as exhausted this time around, but I also have a three year old this time around. The first time I could sleep hours and hours and hours. But I had no one to ask for food, to play and poke me until I wake up! Enjoy the rest if you can get it ladies!

March 5th, 2013, 08:13 AM
Minnerva's Avatar Veteran
I am so tired all the time. On the weekends when DH is home, I nap if I can. And at least once a week, my daughter goes to her grandma's house, and I sneak back home and nap as long as I can. Sometimes I try to sleep when my daughter is napping, but her naptimes are usually when I get stuff done.

Take advantage of your time, and nap nap nap! Do it for those of us who can't!

March 5th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I've accidentally napped a few times. I fall asleep and wake with a start an hour later.
March 5th, 2013, 11:47 AM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
I nap all the time, but I also messed up my sleep schedule by doing so! I am so tired - I also do not see how BTDT moms do it! I recently quit my job and am so happy I have the extra time to just sleep and focus on school!
March 5th, 2013, 01:12 PM
Rosiegirl7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love napping! But having a full time job I can't during the week although I'd KILL for one now! This first trimester has been rough, and I work for a lot of male colleagues so I feel like they just don't understand how tired I really am even with 8 hours sleep the night before.

Anyways, lucky you! Nap for us all!
March 5th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I nap with my 2-year old when I can. Maybe once or twice a week.

[IMG]h ttp://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/kellybabe05/natural2.gif[/IMG]
March 5th, 2013, 03:52 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
I get one nap at 9:30am thats when my 1 year old naps and my other 3 are in school and because my hubby doesn't got to work until 3pm
5 time HG survivor , AP Mama to 5 GIRLS
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 9mo 10/10/13

March 5th, 2013, 07:52 PM
Veteran
I can't get enough sleep either! I've somehow been able to get at least 8 hours for the last few weeks, but it hasn't been nearly enough - I almost fell asleep at my desk today, and am barely awake right now! I was able to take a nap Friday, and after 2 hours, I could barely get up! Glad to know that it sounds normal...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search