horrible heartburn!

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 5th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Wanta.number2's Avatar Hi, I'm Tiffani!
I am having terrible heartburn/indigestion/acid reflux! There is a constant burn in my throat, and u am burping constantly just to get the painful gas out of stomach....ugh... it lasts all day and i have to go to sleep sitting up. I only had it this bad when i was in the last few weeks of pregnancy with ds.... i see the dr on thursday and will pass on any suggestions she gives me, but does an one know of any safe remedies? Im trying to drink milk but its not helping.
March 5th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Heart burn is my worst pregnancy symptom. Papaya works really well if it is mild to medium. You can get the enzyme papain in capsule form as well, which is what makes papaya good for heartburn. Any kind of remedy that involves liquid- like milk, or baking soda and water etc, make me throw up almost instantly, and it is all burning acid that I throw up. During the last trimester with my daughter, I took zantac, prescribed by my midwife, because it was so bad that it was interfering with my normal life.

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
March 5th, 2013, 12:33 PM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I take an OTC version of prilosec every day. I have been taking them for years. My OB said it was fine as long as I take a magnesium supplement with it because it can deplete your magnesium levels.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
March 5th, 2013, 12:42 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I'm on prescription Pepsid. I only get this when pregnant. SUCKS! I would go and get something OTC. Call your doc and ask what's safe, and be sure to explain how bad it is. They will tell you TUMS and all the other things that don't work right off. =P

Try sipping water all day till you can get something. Eat fruit alone, that helps. If you are mixing it with things like meat it can be worse. Milk tastes so good to me right now, but it makes me burp worse. Lay off anything caffeinated including chocolate.
March 5th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've started getting it in the evening after dinner. It's not unbearable yet. But I'll have to look for a natural remedy or a safe pill soon I think.
March 5th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Wren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had it really bad for most of my last pregnancy. It is only mild so far. I eventually went on Zantac because Tums was not cutting it.
March 5th, 2013, 02:54 PM
Veteran
Luckily mine has started yet. My last two pregnancies I had it horrible.

03/13 - missed miscarriage at 11 weeks
March 5th, 2013, 06:36 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to swozze3 Send a message via Yahoo to swozze3
I've always suffered from heartburn even before pg. I was lucky this time an the OB said it was ok I stayed on OTC stuff so I don't have to worry about it really this time

March 5th, 2013, 10:40 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
Are you puking a lot? I noticed I get heartburn and acid build up in my throat when my ms is kicking in. The zofran helped with that.
You can try tums? I threw them up too much so I can't eat them, but a few times they helped!
I recommend staying away from acids. Fruit juice was killing me for a while.
March 6th, 2013, 06:50 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
I have been drinking antacid from the bottle. YUCK

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search