Motivation

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Lemon
  • 1 Post By Rosiegirl7

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 5th, 2013, 03:35 PM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
Lately I have had an issue with motivation. Last year, I was very busy with renovations and projects - there was a lot to manage and house stuff was a full-time job. Toward the end as things tapered off, I started to feel a little depressed (it's hard to find a professional job in my field.. I live in a tourist/college town) and started to totally lose focus, so I started seeing a counselor about feeling depressed and needing direction. Then my cat needed a bunch of surgeries which cost a ton (more than my baby delivery is going to cost, imagine that! ha) so I stopped going to save $.

I don't feel depressed now, but I still feel like motivation and focus is hard for me. I don't have ADD or anything like that. I have a side project to work on, which is great, but I find that I just can't focus. I'm fortunate that I have time to do whatever I want to do, but even with time I'm finding it difficult. I know this probably makes some busy people crazy to read, which is embarrassing but true. Pregnant now, so doing a lot at once makes me tired easily but I'm not sick-sick, which is good.

Does anyone else have issues with this? Any advice or methods to help gain focus and motivation? Doing graphic design projects means that I can't just stash the computer or even the internet - I need it to get work done.
March 5th, 2013, 04:51 PM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
Yup, motivation is gone here too. I will likely be moving at some point this summer and really was getting so excited to organize, purge and start packing up my apartment, but now that I am exhausted, cranky, and bloated, I want to just like on the couch all day if I am not at work. I wish I knew where my motivation went.

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.
March 5th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Leah
My motivation has nose dived since being pregnant. I have struggled with it a bit in the past, just a combination of lack of opportunities and challenges. The only thing I could think of would be maybe to take on a little something different. A change of scenery could maybe bring back some focus or inspire something new. Eventually my bills motivated me, but I'm finding that learning new stuff and keeping my job fresh definitely helps. It's not ADD for me either, it just can be Eeyore like blah.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
March 5th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I always seem to have motivation issues, but lately it's even worse. Sorry, but I don't have any tips. The only thing that tends to get me going is if I have actual deadlines (I had so much to do when I was getting my MFA, but the deadlines kept me going). They can't be deadlines made by me either. I have to be accountable to someone else, and there has to be a bad consequence if I don't meet them - lol. I know I'll be on track with my writing more if I ever find an agent or editor - scary deadline givers - lol.

March 5th, 2013, 07:46 PM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm really useless in the first trimester. I don't have motivation to do anything. The only things that are getting done are the necessities for my kids and the house. I feel like *****, I just want to go to sleep for a month. I'm so nauseous and so tired.
But, I know the haze of this time will pass.
Hope it's pregnancy related for you.
Allisonjuly likes this.
March 5th, 2013, 08:01 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I haven't been motivated for a long time. I was pregnant almost the entirety of 2011, I was dead tired in 2012, and now whenever I bend over I feel like my insides will spill out of my neck. I'm only motivated if I can do it sitting or standing strait up. Stuff like dishes, floors, picking up toys, or doing laundry aren't on the list. The house is a wreck and that depresses me. I used to keep it company ready all the time! The mess drives me nuts! I can't do any crafts because those are a treat. Clean house = fun. But I'm not very motivated to have fun. I'm motivated to sit on my butt and watch TV.

And trying to clean with kids in the house is kind of like bushing your teeth while eating.

3 on Earth and 7 in Heaven NTNP for #4 and doing the boy diet till!
http://arwenart.com
March 5th, 2013, 08:02 PM
SierraWinter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can totally relate - I have had zero motivation. I'm nauseous and tired all the time to the point I cant even get motivated to do laundry. When i move around I get more queasy. I work from home so its been tough, if I don't work, I don't get paid.
March 5th, 2013, 11:43 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
I had absolutely no motivation when my ms was super bad, now that I'm on meds it helps a little, but I'd still rather nap than do homework !
I'd set small goals to get stuff done? Like I'm going to stop playing games and work on my school till I get a class done a day (or at least part of a class!) since I'm a full time online student.
March 6th, 2013, 07:53 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
right now I feel so yucky most of the time I don't wanna do anything anymore.

March 6th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I normally have an anxiety attack when my house looks like it does lately. But I just don't care. I know once I feel better ill care again.
March 6th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Loni's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have no motivation to do anything but sleep lately.. I'm hoping in the next couple of weeks things start to get better and I get more energy again.
March 6th, 2013, 02:10 PM
Rosiegirl7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Same here too, my motivation is lacking. I just cover what I need to do, and no interest or inspiration for much else.

The first trimester is difficult for anyone. But even still here are some things that help me. Exercise gives me energy and thus I can do more throughout the day, Pinterest helps with inspiration, taking a walk outside, lunch with friends, do something for yourself (i.e. a pamper day) once you feel good you'll get out there and do more
soul_donut likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search